Rangers boss Ally McCoist warns Richard Foster:

Bothwellbear

Rangers boss Ally McCoist warns Richard Foster: Arguing with fans is a battle you'll never win

THE defender was involved in a touchline bust-up with his own supporters as Rangers booked their place in the Petrofac Training Cup semi-final with win over East Fife.

SNS Group JS49132812.jpg Rangers' Richard Foster is closed down by Caolan McAleer

ALLY McCoist last night told Richard Foster he’ll never win a fight with the fans after the Rangers defender was involved in a touchline spat during the win over East Fife.

Goals either side of half-time from Jon Daly and Ian Black secured a semi-final date with Alloa in the Petrofac Training Cup but Foster’s clash with the travelling support was the main talking point.

The Rangers manager played down the incident which saw Foster and the supporters become embroiled in an angry verbal exchange early in the second half.

The full-back appeared to take exception to the stick being hurled in his direction although McCoist, who went through a similar experience himself as player, has urged him not to react in the future.

He said: “Coming from someone who took his fair share of stick from fans I know arguing with them is a battle you will never win. But the irony is not lost on me when they get a bit of stick back toys come right out the pram.

“These things happen and I will have a word if it’s needed but I don’t really think so.”

While Rangers were disposing of the Fifers, Dave King was continuing his talks with the board aimed at him ploughing a possible £16million into the cash-strapped club .

King is scheduled to return to South Africa tomorrow after taking in tonight’s Champions League encounter between Liverpool and Real Madrid at Anfield.

The millionaire businessman has expressed his hope an agreement in principle will be reached before he leaves.

But McCoist admitted he was unaware of any developments .

He said: “There is no update. It has all gone quiet. I will have a meeting with our chief executive Graham Wallace in the next couple of days.”

Rangers disposed of the League Two side with the minimum of fuss but McCoist felt his team should have been more clinical.

He said: “The result is the most important thing although we could probably have scored a few more.

“I told them after the game it was an opportunity for midfielders and strikers to get on the scoresheet.“

East Fife gaffer Gary Naysmith claimed his players could hold their heads high despite the result.

Naysmith said: “We deserve a lot of credit considering we tried out a completely new 3-4-3 formation.

“We didn’t create many chances but certainly restricted Rangers.

“The discipline was good and the energy levels for a part-time side were great. This experience will stand them in good stead.”

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This isn't a one off, this is happening more and more frequently.

Law done a similar thing mouthing fuck off to the fans against Hearts, Mohsni always has a go at the fans anytime we are losing and now Foster last night, yet McCoist insists he doesn't need to have a word with him.

This shouldn't be allowed to continue to happen, but im sure it will if McCoist doesn't feels that is nigh on acceptable if a word isn't required..

"He said: “Coming from someone who took his fair share of stick from fans I know arguing with them is a battle you will never win. But the irony is not lost on me when they get a bit of stick back toys come right out the pram."

Very true, internet hardmen, drunks and fannies at the game think it's their God given right to shout whatever they want and whoever they want but come over all offended when a player answers/gestures back.

This isn't a one off, this is happening more and more frequently.

Law done a similar thing mouthing fuck off to the fans against Hearts, Mohsni always has a go at the fans anytime we are losing and now Foster last night, yet McCoist insists he doesn't need to have a word with him.

This shouldn't be allowed to continue to happen, but im sure it will if McCoist doesn't feels that is nigh on acceptable if a word isn't required..

How would you react if you were gettings dogs abuse?

Sick of Law, Mhosni, Black and now this fud.

Just who the fuck do these Arseholes think they are?

10 grand a week and they have the fucking cheek to argue with the same fans that put a wage in their pockets.

These players and management team are everything that is fucking wrong with pur club.

Not to mention the fangroups.

"He said: “Coming from someone who took his fair share of stick from fans I know arguing with them is a battle you will never win. But the irony is not lost on me when they get a bit of stick back toys come right out the pram."

Very true, internet hardmen, drunks and fannies at the game think it's their God given right to shout whatever they want and whoever they want but come over all offended when a player answers/gestures back.

Won't be that if people stop going because of players like him gobbing off on the pitch.

geez, folks thinking this is a new thing...... I remember Tommy McLean regularly getting arsey with us young lads in the east enclosure when things got a bit dire on the park, its nothing new.... it maybe is more relevant when we play away in shitty wee grounds with hardly any atmosphere - you can hear a fart at fifty feet sometimes.....

that said, Foster is not a very good footballer and should keep his gub shut.

Apologiwe to those paying his wage, head down and work harder in training.

Be fucking professional.

Kirk Broadfoot wasn't the greatest RB but one thing you got from him was hard work and a great attitude towards the Jersey.

Kirk Broadfoot was arguing with the full stand after we played Kilmarnock (just before hamburg friendly ) :lol:

The thing I hate most about the current squad and management is lack of respect to the fans. I don't care what is shouted or said to players from fans they should never argue back in my opinion. Anybody that does should be fined straight away and it will never happen again.

I am terrible at games for shouting abuse or calling players useless cunts, but it's only because I Want Rangers to win so badly. I don't mean most it the stuff.

Except when I call moshni a cunt, because he is.

ans moan at players. Always have. However there are some folk who seem to only go to games to dish out abuse.

Take one bloke, sits back row copland rear. NEVER stops throwing about abuse at every player. Usually completely nonsense and I guess he just likes the sound of his own voice, but he is a royal PIA.

And if sometimes another fan or even a player takes exception, well it is the fault of the loudmouth serving it up.