The players that left

the players said green DIDNT contact them. so i dont see any of this as a starter

but green did say he was speaking to the agents of Naismith and Whittaker the friday before they left.

regardless if they were rangers men they would have done it.

look at the players whos contracts ended yet still shown up for training?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your argument is totally flawed under TUPE contracts must be hounerd so WHERE are you getting the idea Green would make McGregor take only £5k a week?

The players who have left have shafted us out of a small transfer fee that would really help the club at present just so the players can become even richer elsewhere!

Its the fans Mr Naismith, Whittaker, Davis, Lafferty, McGregor etc that you have wronged. I would not welcome any of you back at Ibrox again.

We shafted the players by not being able to pay there wages for four months ....

The players have shafted no one.

And Green told them that when they transfer over that he will definitely sell them?

Green doesn't want them on the high wages, so he can't just transfer the contract over. Then McGregor has a contract with the newco earning £25k per week for the 4 years that's left on his contract, he could then say that he is going nowhere and he will get his £25k for 4 years which Green did not want to happen.

so

He might have said to McGregor to sign over to the newco, and he would sell him straight away, but put his wages down to £5k per week so that couldn't happen, but McGregor isn't going to accept a 4 year contract earning £5k per week because if he did, Green could just refuse to sell him and he's stuck there for 4 years on those wages.

People need to open their eyes, people just believing the simple explanation (the players fucked us). There's more to this and the sooner people start realising, the better.

I'm sorry mate, but the scenario you are painting is absolutely not possible.

You cannot TUPE someone across and then cut their wages substantially, so there would be every incentive for Rangers to sell the players to get some money in.

The situation is exactly how it looks, players (and their agents) have been sorting out transfer deals for months now, and when they saw an opportunity to do it with an extra cash bonus, they have jumped.

I would tend to excuse Aluko, just because he only had another week left on his contract, it seems pointless for him to transfer if there was no likelihood of us being able to offer him a new contract, but those who signed 4 or 5 year deals last summer (Davis, McGregor, Whittaker and Naismith) really do need to be seen for what they are, and their actions show them to be.

We shafted the players by not being able to pay there wages for four months ....

The players have shafted no one.

Really!

I appreciate they took pay cuts but the deal at the time was they got reduced tranfer fees set so the likes of Naismith, Mcregor and Davis who are worth about the £5m mark could all leave for about £1m

Not a bad deal - loss a 100k in wages to get a juicy move with a signing on fee of £500k at least

However

Thats not enough for the gready bawbags - These guys will get up to and over £1m in signing on fees now they are frees.

Cartman you have been hamstrung by you love of the players I used to woship - I however can seethe big picture and Naismith & Whittakers interview was the last straw for me

I'm sorry mate, but the scenario you are painting is absolutely not possible.

You cannot TUPE someone across and then cut their wages substantially, so there would be every incentive for Rangers to sell the players to get some money in.

The situation is exactly how it looks, players (and their agents) have been sorting out transfer deals for months now, and when they saw an opportunity to do it with an extra cash bonus, they have jumped.

I would tend to excuse Aluko, just because he only had another week left on his contract, it seems pointless for him to transfer if there was no likelihood of us being able to offer him a new contract, but those who signed 4 or 5 year deals last summer (Davis, McGregor, Whittaker and Naismith) really do need to be seen for what they are, and their actions show them to be.

I love the moral grandstanding from people with other peoples money.....

They were contracted to provide a service , which they did and then some, and we couldnt meet our obligations to them, not the other way round.

Really!

I appreciate they took pay cuts but the deal at the time was they got reduced tranfer fees set so the likes of Naismith, Mcregor and Davis who are worth about the £5m mark could all leave for about £1m

Not a bad deal - loss a 100k in wages to get a juicy move with a signing on fee of £500k at least

However

Thats not enough for the gready bawbags - These guys will get up to and over £1m in signing on fees now they are frees.

Cartman you have been hamstrung by you love of the players I used to woship - I however can seethe big picture and Naismith & Whittakers interview was the last straw for me

You can't understand he simple principle of a contract, I suggest you lecture someone else.....

You can't understand he simple principle of a contract, I suggest you lecture someone else.....

Its you who dosent understand a contract

The players agreed to change their contracts to help the club by taking a pay cut in exchange fora reduced transfer fee.

Simple

The players have transferred over under TUPE to the new company. Therefore their contract with same wages and reduced transfer fess remain.

The Charlatans who we used to support have decided that they can make more money by just leaving and making sure fans like us suffer more heart ache as it takes the club longer to get back on its feet.

Cheers guys - let hope Green takes you and your new employers to the cleaners

Its you who dosent understand a contract

The players agreed to change their contracts to help the club by taking a pay cut in exchange fora reduced transfer fee.

Simple

The players have transferred over under TUPE to the new company. Therefore their contract with same wages and reduced transfer fess remain.

The Charlatans who we used to support have decided that they can make more money by just leaving and making sure fans like us suffer more heart ache as it takes the club longer to get back on its feet.

Cheers guys - let hope Green takes you and your new employers to the cleaners

The playErs have not transferred via tupe....that much is clear even to you. You spout tupe regulations but won't accept it works both ways.

The charlatans who got us to a European final, won 3 leagues...dominated Scottish football...those charlatans.....

Rangers let them down

The playErs have not transferred via tupe....that much is clear even to you. You spout tupe regulations but won't accept it works both ways.

The charlatans who got us to a European final, won 3 leagues...dominated Scottish football...those charlatans.....

Rangers let them down

Fuck me Cartman

Are you one of the players?

From an employment perspective the players have every right to choose not to transfer their employment contracts to a newco from an oldco.

The gesture in accepting a substantial pay cut was fantastic and allowed us to fulfil last season without massive job losses on the playing and office side of the club, although the players understandably sought a counter of cut price deals to leave in the future if they were unhappy with the ownership.

It is therefore disappointing that they have chosen to leave for nothing rather than invoke the clauses they had inserted into their contracts. I am not going to waste my time getting angry at them, we have wiped out much more debt over the last month than transfer fees would have brought in, and we will be able to rebuild with what we have, but I would not welcome any of them back in the future proclaiming their love for the club, they have made their choice, and that is up to them, others have stayed, they should be lauded.

That's the answer I would give if I was presented with something I didn't have the intelligence to argue with.

No point arguing with you on this as you cant grip the FACT the the players had a choice.

Stay with the new co then leave for a ridiculous low transfer fee thus helping the club - not to mention pick up whopping signing on fee from your new employers

OR

Wriggle out for Free thus making yourself super rich and denying the Rangers fans any comfort that you cared for the club and helped with the club getting some money in.

If its to simple for you to understand I am surprised you managed to get you PC turned on never mind post you nonsense

No point arguing with you on this as you cant grip the FACT the the players had a choice.

Stay with the new co then leave for a ridiculous low transfer fee thus helping the club - not to mention pick up whopping signing on fee from your new employers

OR

Wriggle out for Free thus making yourself super rich and denying the Rangers fans any comfort that you cared for the club and helped with the club getting some money in.

If its to simple for you to understand I am surprised you managed to get you PC turned on never mind post you nonsense

I just live in the real world where you live in a fantasy land where players who represented us with distinction are now the bad guys because our club was ripped off by a con man.

If only guys like you opposed Craig whyte When It mattered instead of aiming your anger at guys that gave us far more good days than bad

I just live in the real world where you live in a fantasy land where players who represented us with distinction are now the bad guys because our club was ripped off by a con man.

If only guys like you opposed Craig whyte When It mattered instead of aiming your anger at guys that gave us far more good days than bad

Obviously Whyte and Murray are the biggest arses in this and deserve whats coming to them

However

I don't know how it dosent bother you that guys hiw proclaim to love the club and the fans have choose an option that lets the fans badly down!

Guys like Naismith, McGregor & Davis have been brilliant for the club but we have made them millionaires during their time hear so I hardly feel like crying for them

Obviously Whyte and Murray are the biggest arses in this and deserve whats coming to them

However

I don't know how it dosent bother you that guys hiw proclaim to love the club and the fans have choose an option that lets the fans badly down!

Guys like Naismith, McGregor & Davis have been brilliant for the club but we have made them millionaires during their time hear so I hardly feel like crying for them

No one is asking you to cry for them, just to be realistic about the situation.

Rangers let them down

No, Criag Whytenlet them down. Not the club, the manager, the fans.

You seem happy to justify players refusing to transfer to the newco on the basis that they took wage cuts. Firstly, these were deferments and not cuts and secondly, the players could have left at the time of asking to take cuts as was the case with Wylde and Celik.

The players are now back on full wages with release clauses still in place and all they are being asked to do is come in, take a wage and then they would be able to move if another club offered at the level of the release clause. This woulda allow the same club that they all claim to have such allegiance with to receive something back at a time where these guys know the club needs every penny it can get its hands on.

They have made a simple and selfish choice not to do this when others (edu, boca, etc) have moved over. Whilst they may not actually stay it at least allows us the chance to get something for these guys. The players who have left have contradicted themselves in what they said at the time of taking their wage cuts and have quite rightly come under heavy criticism from the support they claimed to give a toss about 4 months ago

No one is asking you to cry for them, just to be realistic about the situation.

Well after what happen to us in the past year I have had more realistic notions of where we are

The players have let us down and even though it hurts to say it unless they do somthing for the club like donate part of their signing on fees to the RFFF then I (and i am sure most Rangers fans) will never welcome these guys back ti Ibrox in any capacity!

Interesting comment. There was fan opposition to Whyte taking over but that didn't prevent it going through. That was the sole choice of Murray.

The support have been powerless throughout and the players have gone to great lengths to say how great we have been, yet they have clearly shown they have no interest in the club or the fans

What their motivation is for leaving is there business.

They gave us 3/4 years of total domination of scottish football with too many amazing highlights to list here...but i will mention a european cup fina;. We are now supposed to hate these guys because our club was so mismanged that they had to take a pay cut of 75% of their wages and the company they worked for was liquidated.

Ignore the bluster from green about legal challenges etc, it's just that. 4 months of reduced wages and some of the zoomers on here expect them to sign reduced contracts at their new clubs to give more money to Rangers.

They did there bit they produced on the park time and time and time again...it was our club that let down them , not the other way round

haw, stop talking sense, ffs this place will go into melt down (tu)