*** RM Sponsors Fund - Hall of Fame & Good Deeds -2014/2015

govanblue

GOOD DEEDS - Supporting RDF and Members - Fernando Ricksen Wall Panel

End of Term report:

We were originally going to buy 6 bricks in the Fernando Ricksen Wall Panel from RDF. At £50 each, that would generate £300 for RDF, who would then give £60 of it to MND Scotland. That would have been okay, but I thought we could do better.

If we could encourage more members to buy bricks, then we could generate even more money for RDF and MND Scotland.

So instead we decided to use our £300 to finance a cheap brick deal to members where the Fund would subsidise every brick order to the tune of £10. And if anyone wanted a £20 Home replica brick, we would subsidise £5 of that too.

The response was excellent, and we took a total of 34 brick orders from members, plus 9 replica orders - a bit over budget, but what the hell.

The Fund also bought 3 bricks – one for itself, one for our good friend Young Ant, and one for a member in memory of a dearly-departed Bear.

So here are the final figures:

Fund payments:

37 x £10 brick subsidies - £370

9 x £5 replica subsidies - £45

3 x £40 subsidised bricks - £120

Total from Fund: £535

Member payments:

34 x £40 brick payments - £1360

9 x £15 replica payments - £135

Total from members: £1495

Grand Total to RDF: £2030

(37 bricks, 9 replicas)

Of which, total to MND Scotland: £370 (37 bricks x £10)

So I hope you’ll agree that £2030 to RDF is better than the original £300 and £370 to MND Scotland is better than £60. RDF are certainly very happy with our order - and as a bonus, our bulk-order purchasing power has also earned us a few nice wee bonus features for the brick purchasers.

Oh, and we’ve still got a signed shirt to give away to one lucky brick purchaser! :thumbup:

Note also: The Fund had also originally ordered a Brick and Replica for Jak Trueman, but when Colin at RDF heard who it was for, he wouldn’t let us pay for it, and they provided those free of charge. (tu)

bricks_zps8jszboyw.jpg

RM Sponsors' Fund Announces Another Excellent Exclusive Offer For Fund Members Only!

Fund Members - Check your PMs (tu)

I can't be arsed answering the same questions 30 times by PM, so listen up...

The payment method will be nice and simple and will NOT involve Paypal - just be patient, and all will become clear in the updates.

No money will be due until you're ready and able to pay it - the thing isn't for a long while, so there's more than half a long while before any payment would be considered overdue by me.

Same with collection - there will be no issues. just be patient, and all will become clear in the updates.

In summary - if you want any, PM me the number required, and then just shut up and wait, while I make it all happen perfectly! :P

I can't be arsed answering the same questions 30 times by PM, so listen up...

The payment method will be nice and simple and will NOT involve Paypal - just be patient, and all will become clear in the updates.

No money will be due until you're ready and able to pay it - the thing isn't for a long while, so there's more than half a long while before any payment would be considered overdue by me.

Same with collection - there will be no issues. just be patient, and all will become clear in the updates.

In summary - if you want any, PM me the number required, and then just shut up and wait, while I make it all happen perfectly! :P

Anyway, it's all going swimmingly.

That's us at about 30 purchased from about 12 members - so it already promises to be a cracker. (tu)

Oh and by the way, that's us now raised over £20,000. (tu)

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272856#entry1062144207

Brilliant GB, it would not be possible but for all your efforts, well done mate.

And well done to all subscribers, it's a pleasure to be associated with you all.

:uk:

Fund Action! - Supporting RDF - Rising Stars

The Fund has bought another 20 Rising Stars (£40) for the Falkirk game.

This brings our total for the season to 235 tickets which is £470 (tu)

There will probably be a Rising Stars Draw for any Home play-off games, so we should be able to get our final tally to 250 tickets, £500 quid, which averages at about 1.5 per Fund Member - thus exceeding the target set by RDF of 1 Rising Star per Supporter this season. (tu)

Fund Action! - Supporting Rangers & Erskine - Match tickets for Veterans

The Sponsors' Fund has now purchased 6 tickets (3 Adult, 3 Concession) for Saturday's match v Falkirk.

Total cost: £106

Erskine will of course also be using their 2 new s/t seats, so there will be 4 Veterans and 4 Carers at the game. Let's hope it's a sunny day, and a good game! :thumbup:

Oh and they're in SW2 and SW3 - so if you see them - get them to the front of the pie queue :thumbup:

E_Ricksen_2_zpsi3nm4wfh.jpg

E_Ricksen_1_zpshz7xs4oh.jpg

Good Deed - Erskine - Match Programme Subscription

Thank you to Loyal Erskine Lunch Fund Patron Eck the bear :clap:

As many of you may know, Eck is a keen match-programme collector (so if you're ever looking for a particular programme, or wanting to know anything about any programmes send him a PM.) He's also a keen Erskine Supporter, and always happy to support our Veterans.

So Eck has donated £50 to the Erskine Lunch Fund to buy an Annual Match Programme Subscription (2015/16) for one of our Erskine Homes (Erskine Park Home)

So that's Erskine Park Home sorted for match programmes next season. (tu)

Only 3 more Homes to sort out now. (tu)

And thank you to Carling1873 :clap:

When he heard about Eck the bear's excellent donation, he decided that it was something he'd like to help with too.

So he has also donated £50 to the Erskine Lunch Fund to buy an Annual Match Programme Subscription (2015/16) for another of our Erskine Homes (Erskine Mains Home)

So that's Erskine Park and Erskine Mains both sorted for match programmes next season.

Only Erskine Bishopton and Erskine Glasgow to sort out now. (tu)

And thank you to quinty :clap:

When he read this thread, he decided to step up too.

So he has also donated £50 to the Erskine Lunch Fund to buy an Annual Match Programme Subscription (2015/16) for another of our Erskine Homes (Erskine Bishopton Home)

So that's Erskine Park, Erskine Mains and Erskine Glasgow all sorted for match programmes next season.

Only Erskine Bishopton left to sort out now. (tu)

And yet another massive thank you to offshoreworker :clap:

He had given me £50 to buy him something nice from the auction, but instead he's asked me to give the money to Erskine. (tu)

So that's another £50 to the Erskine Lunch Fund to buy an Annual Match Programme Subscription (2015/16) for the last of our Erskine Homes (Erskine Bishopton Home)

So that's all four Homes sorted for match programmes next season. As easy as that.

I wonder if we could find sponsors for 4 x £50 Annual Subscriptions for Rangers TV? ;)

Our 4 Erskine Programme Sponsors:

1. Erskine Park - Eck the bear
  2. Erskine Mains - Carling1873
  3. Erskine Bishopton - offshoreworker
  4. Erskine Glasgow - quinty

Ensuring that Every Bear in Erskine Care can enjoy their third season of uninterrupted Home Match Programmes delivered to their door. :thumbup:

Take a bow chaps!

Well done bears proud of ya. WATP

Outstanding by these Bears. (tu):clap:

Even more so when you consider that I actually have to refuse quite a few offers, because they've been just too generous on top of already generous donations.

Loads of examples of that, but they're usually by PM, so nobody gets to hear about them.

I do feel I have a duty to be a responsible fundraiser. :P

Luckily I usually manage to negotiate something that suits all parties. :thumbup:

Even more so when you consider that I actually have to refuse quite a few offers, because they've been just too generous on top of already generous donations.

Loads of examples of that, but they're usually by PM, so nobody gets to hear about them.

I do feel I have a duty to be a responsible fundraiser. :P

Luckily I usually manage to negotiate something that suits all parties. :thumbup:

A very good, responsible fundraiser is not a bad title G B. (tu)

Good Deed - Member Donation - Auction Items

A big thank you to Fund Member bluebell1973 - whom many Fund Members will know better as "Young Ant's Mum"

bluebell has been very appreciative of the various things the Fund has given her and Young Ant over the past couple of years, and is always trying to give me something in return as a way of saying thank you.

So I finally gave in and have managed to talk her down to just two donations.

You've already seen the 1st one - The Jim Hannah Painting, which sold very well at the auction...

JH_Painting_zpsdvg4i8uz.jpg

She has also donated the second picture in the series...

WeePal_Joe_2_zps4cwotjyt.jpg

Rather than auctioning this one, I plan on offering it to the runner-up in the auction. (tu)

So between the two pictures, we've raised £100 for the Fund, so thanks to bluebell1973 for that. :thumbup:

Good Deed - Member Donation - RDF Tickets

bluebell1973 and Young Ant will also be taking advantage of our Fund Member offer for the RDF Fundraising Night, and have ordered a couple of tickets from us.

But when NamibianBear heard this, he immediately stepped up and paid the £20 for the two tickets. (tu)

NamibianBear has a long history of buying whatever the Fund has on offer, and since it's usually not something he can use in Africa, he often asks us to pass it on to Young Ant. DVDs, Medals, Raffle prizes, and now Charity-Ball tickets. He's like some kind of Beary-Godmother! :lol:

Well done NamibianBear - Living proof that not all Southern African Shark-Fishermen are Bastards!

Good Deed - Member Donation - Auction Items

A big thank you to Fund Member bluebell1973 - whom many Fund Members will know better as "Young Ant's Mum"

bluebell has been very appreciative of the various things the Fund has given her and Young Ant over the past couple of years, and is always trying to give me something in return as a way of saying thank you.

So I finally gave in and have managed to talk her down to just two donations.

You've already seen the 1st one - The Jim Hannah Painting, which sold very well at the auction...

JH_Painting_zpsdvg4i8uz.jpg

She has also donated the second picture in the series...

WeePal_Joe_2_zps4cwotjyt.jpg

Rather than auctioning this one, I plan on offering it to the runner-up in the auction. (tu)

So between the two pictures, we've raised £100 for the Fund, so thanks to bluebell1973 for that. :thumbup:

Least a could do after all what you have done for me and ant more than welcome

Good Deed - Member Donation - RDF Tickets

bluebell1973 and Young Ant will also be taking advantage of our Fund Member offer for the RDF Fundraising Night, and have ordered a couple of tickets from us.

But when NamibianBear heard this, he immediately stepped up and paid the £20 for the two tickets. (tu)

NamibianBear has a long history of buying whatever the Fund has on offer, and since it's usually not something he can use in Africa, he often asks us to pass it on to Young Ant. DVDs, Medals, Raffle prizes, and now Charity-Ball tickets. He's like some kind of Beary-Godmother! :lol:

Well done NamibianBear - Living proof that not all Southern African Shark-Fishermen are Bastards!

NamibianBear thank you so much me and ant