*** RM Sponsors Fund - Hall of Fame & Good Deeds -2014/2015

govanblue

Fund Action / Good Deed! - Supporting RDF while helping Fund Members - Cheap Ibrox Bricks

Since the £20 Brick Raffle idea went well, and since we've done very well in freebies from RDF recently, I thought it made sense to buy another Brick while they're on sale (£40), and offer it for half price again.

But then I had a better idea. (tu)

Instead of buying just one Brick, I approached some members who had expressed an interest in buying a Brick and offered them a £10 Fund-Sponsored Discount, plus a £10 s/t holder discount, meaning they can get a brick, normal price £50, for just £30 (tu)

So we have now purchased 4 Bricks from Fund Members. (tu)

So instead of giving £40 to RDF for one brick and then re-selling it for £20, the Fund gave £40 to RDF, and they divided this amongst the 4 bricks, leaving a balance of £30 for each brick.

The 4 members have each paid £30 to the Fund, and we've bought the bricks, so that's a total of £160 to RDF.

Thus 4 Fund Members got a great deal, not just one, and RDF got £160 instead of £40

Win-Win

Fund Action! - Supporting RDF while helping Fund Members - Auchenhowie Fan Panel

The Fund has now purchased our second Auchenhowie fan Panel (£150).

Since we don't actually need another brick, we'll offer this one at half price (£75) to any Fund member who wants it, and draw a name out of a hat, just like we did with our last brick.

Fund Action! - Supporting RDF - Rising Stars

The Fund today purchased another 10 Rising Stars (£20).

We didn't win anything, but we are now a bit closer to our target of buying at least 114 Rising Stars this season (as per the club's request!).

Good Deed - Ticket Donation - Queen's Park v Rangers

A big thank you to the Fund member who generously donated two tickets for Tuesday's game v Queen's Park to the Fund. (tu).

It took approximately 7 seconds for me to sell them to the Fund Member standing next to me. :D

Enjoy the Game, and thanks for that £20 donation! (tu)

If anybody else has any spare tickets for the Fund, let me know. I'll try to make good use of them. (tu)

Fund Action! - Supporting RDF - Rangers Lotto

2 New members have joined the RM Rangers Lotto Group, for the next 30 weeks.

This brings the Lotto membership up to 6 members, plus the 2 Fund tickets, and the total money spent on the Lottery this season to £372

Fund Action! - Supporting Rangers Girls - U-13 Player Sponsorship

The Fund today became the official Sponsors of Amy and Hannah, of the U-13 Rangers Girls Team.

The cost of the Sponsorship was £100.

Good luck to the Girls - hope they can cope with the pressure of our scrutiny - most of the Men can't! :D

Fund Action! - Supporting Rangers Ladies - Match Sponsorship

The Fund today became the official Match Sponsors of two upcoming Rangers Ladies Games.

• Rangers v Glasgow City, Sun 5th October, Petershill

• Rangers v c*ltic, Sun 2nd November, Toryglen. (expect a big turnout for this one!)

As well as having 6 tickets for each game (4 as Match Sponsors and 2 as Player Sponsors), we also get to provide the mascots, and get a couple of signed balls...

Btssj_qIIAAqcUA.jpg

The cost of the Sponsorship was £200.

Hopefully we will get a good turnout for both games from Fund Members. :21:

Fund Action! - Supporting Rangers Ladies - Match Sponsorship

The Fund today became the official Match Sponsors of two upcoming Rangers Ladies Games.

• Rangers v Glasgow City, Sun 5th October, Petershill

• Rangers v c*ltic, Sun 2nd November, Toryglen. (expect a big turnout for this one!)

As well as having 6 tickets for each game (4 as Match Sponsors and 2 as Player Sponsors), we also get to provide the mascots, and get a couple of signed balls...

Btssj_qIIAAqcUA.jpg

The cost of the Sponsorship was £200.

Hopefully we will get a good turnout for both games from Fund Members. :21:

The queue to get their balls signed could be quite long ( of Jig proportions) or did I misread that :pipe:

I just bought £20 of lotto tkts

Shall I get the next lot through you?

Yes, that would be good because:

a. It increases the Fund's Gross Turnover, which helps us secure future investment :D

b. The Fund will earn a commission on your purchases. I think it's 12.5%, not sure yet though

c. If you win a big prize, the Fund wins a prize as your Agent. I think it's £1000

d. You get all the prestige associated with being an RM Rangers Lotto Group Member

:D

Yes, that would be good because:

a. It increases the Fund's Gross Turnover, which helps us secure future investment :D

b. The Fund will earn a commission on your purchases. I think it's 12.5%, not sure yet though

c. If you win a big prize, the Fund wins a prize as your Agent. I think it's £1000

d. You get all the prestige associated with being an RM Rangers Lotto Group Member

:D

Although on the downside, PayPal take 6% of any payment made to the Fund online.

The way round that is to meet at Ibrox and pay cash. (tu)

Update:

Dear Members,

Here's what you did to help the club this month...

£240 - 6 Ibrox Paving Bricks

£70 - 70 Rangers Scratchcards

£372 - 8 Rangers Lotto Subscriptions

£90 - 45 Rising Stars

£200 - 4 Match Programme Annual Subscriptions for Erskine Homes

£150 - Auchenhowie Fan Panel

£31 - 1 ticket (plus 2 booking fees) Rangers v Hearts for Quarriers Stopover

£15 - 5 Match programmes for Quarriers Stopover

£100 - 2 Rangers Girls U-13 Player Sponsorships

£200 - 2 Rangers Ladies' Match Sponsorships

Total Sponsors' Fund money spent on Rangers in August: £1468.00

(= £12.76 per member)

As you can see, Rangers Development Fund have been the main beneficiaries so far.

So next up we should probably buy some match tickets, and put some more money into the Ticket Office.

I'm sure Combat Stress, Erskine and Quarriers would appreciate some free tickets.

We also still need to organise our 4th Erskine Veterans' Ibrox day Out.

So, Dear Members, that's what your £10 membership has done so far this season. Not bad, eh?

And the best part is, guess how much of your £10 we've got left....

£27.15 !!!

(remaining balance: £3122 / number of members: 115 = £27.15 remaining to be spent per member)

Now I think that's a pretty effective use of a tenner. :thumbup:

Good Deed - Ticket Donation - Raith Rovers v Rangers

A big thank you to the Fund member who generously donated two tickets for next week's cup game v Raith to the Fund. (tu)

Unfortunately Erskine are unable to make use of them on this occasion (see note below) - so instead we'll offer them to the Fund Members. Watch out for a new thread over the weekend.

If anybody else has any spare tickets for the Fund, let me know. I'll try to make good use of them. (tu)

Excerpt from email from Erskine:

I’m really sorry that we couldn't use the tickets for the Raith game but the guys in my home who are usually keen to attend and take residents were all on nightshift. [ - ] and I were already committed elsewhere and [ - ] in the main home who coordinates their activities was on holiday. Don’t want you thinking that we’re not interested!

The cup game sounds promising if it’s the Inverness fixture. I know [ - ] has at least one resident who’s keen to see a game and I have a few who are die hard fans. Plenty of notice is the key as it gives us time to arrange transport and drivers.

Thanks again for your support,

Fund Action! - Supporting Rangers and Erskine - Tickets for Erskine

Good news / bad news...

The Bad news is that Rangers are NOT able to sell us any wheelchair tickets for our Erskine Veterans. As we thought, the wheelchair spaces are so in demand that there are none available for sale. (td)

The good news is that Rangers simply gave Erskine 4 wheelchair and 4 Carer tickets for the ICT game. (tu)

Good old Rangers! :21:

An Erskine Bus has the capacity for 4 wheelchair passengers, 8 seated passengers and one driver.

So the Fund will buy some match tickets for another 2 Residents, 2 Carers and the Driver (about £85 total), and that then allows Erskine to run their bus to Ibrox at maximum efficiency (13 pax). Erskine Veterans always like to see things done efficiently! (tu)

I'll get the tickets on Thursday when I'm through that way.

Fund Action! - Supporting Rangers and Erskine - Tickets for Erskine

I bought the tickets (v ICT) for Erskine today - 3 Adult & 2 Concession tickets = £93.00

Then I delivered them to Erskine, and accidentally gatecrashed a resident's birthday party, so I managed to get a free buffet out of it. (Mmm. Succulent Lamb! :D )

So those 5 tickets, when added to the 4 wheelchair and carer tickets donated by Rangers, means that Erskine Park Home will be able to send a full bus of 12 plus a driver to Ibrox on Tuesday. (4 wheelchair veterans, 2 walking veterans, 6 carers, 1 driver) which is something they've not had in a long time.

I'll upload a couple of photos if I get any. (tu)

I've just managed to get a hold of Hollybush House Veterans' Hospital (Combat Stress) and it turns out that they DO have some residents who would like to go to the game tonight after all.

So I'll pick up 4 tickets for them tonight. (tu)

(Edit: 1 resident didn't make the game, so I sold the spare ticket to a lad in the ticket queue (at less than face value, RFC52!)

total cost of the 3 tickets ended up at £72

(3 x £21 ticket price, 4 x £2 web booking fee, £1 donation to RCF)

Fund Action! - Supporting Rangers, Erskine and Combat Stress - Match Tickets

Last night's cup win over ICT was attended by a party of 13 from Erskine Park Home and Erskine Mains Home and a party of 3 from HollyBush House (Combat Stress). It was supposed to be 4 from Combat Stress, but sadly, one of the residents became unwell just as they were leaving. Hope he's fully recovered now, and hopefully we'll get him along to the next home tie! (tu)

Anyway, as those of you who were there last night know, it was a wonderfully mild evening, which was fantastic for the wheelchair residents in SW4, who usually find themselves freezing and soaking down there. (tu)

Even better was an atmosphere, a performance and a result that provided genuine much-needed therapy (and not of the shock kind!) for all of us, not just the Veterans!

Anyway, total cost of that was £93 for the Erskine party and £72 for the Combat Stress party = £165

Hopefully we'll get some more home cup ties through the season, and will have more opportunities to organise something similar.

PS - We're getting close to the start date for our Erskine Fundraising season. :thumbup:

Email from Erskine:

I’m sending a huge thank-you from [ - ] and myself for arranging tickets for the ICT game on Tuesday. Our guys had a great night at the game, helped of course by the score.

I think they really enjoyed the atmosphere and of course being back at Ibrox. Pies, Bovril and some great tunes on the way there made their night.

Please thank your guys on behalf of both our homes.

Consider yourselves thanked, Fund Members! :21: