P: 1 | W: 0 | D: 0 | L: 1 | F: 0 | A: 1 | CS: 0

NEXT GAME:

Away v Spartans

Sunday 12th April, 1pm Kick Off

Home v Aberdeen

Sunday 26th April, 2pm Kick Off

Last game:

Rangers Ladies 1 v 0 Hutchison Vale

Last Season, Rangers Ladies achieved their highest ever League Finish (2nd). They weren’t quite strong enough to break almost a decade of total dominance by Glasgow City, but they gave them a run for their money.

So this season, the plan is obviously to build on last season and go one better. But it might not be quite as easy as that, because there have been quite a few changes through the closed season, players-in, players-out, coaching-staff changes etc.

So fingers crossed it all gels and they get off to a flying start in their first league cup game, which is tomorrow.

Sunday 29th Feb, 12pm Kick Off

Rangers Ladies v Spartans FC

Garscube Football Centre (Maryhill Road, Glasgow. G20 0SP ‎)

Admission price:

• RM Sponsors’ Fund Members FREE! (Just PM govanblue)
  • Kids FREE!
  • OAPs/Concessions - £2
  • Ordinary Adults – I think it’s £4

Full Fixture list and other information to follow.

RangersMedia Sponsorship:

Last season, RangersMedia were the official sponsors of:

• Natalie Ross (Rangers Ladies Players' POTY 2014 and Coaches' POTY 2014)
  • Amy from the U-13's Squad
  • Hannah from the U-13's Squad
  • Match - Rangers Ladies v Glasgow City
  • Match - Rangers Ladies vc*lt*c

This season, RangersMedia are the Official Sponsors of:

Natalie Ross (Senior Team. Midfielder, Rangers Ladies Player's Player of the Year 2014 and Coaches' Player of the Year 2014)

natalieross.jpg

SPONSORED BY

rangersmedia.jpg

Storm Anderson (Age 13, youngest player in the Girls U-15 squad)

d80d1cadc5c2cef92ca5279dd9896599_S.jpg

SPONSORED BY

rangersmedia.jpg

Other RM Sponsorship News to follow.

Sponsorship Opportunities:

It only costs £50 to sponsor any of the girls from the U-11s, U-13s, U-15s or U-17s.

When you think what getting such a “Megabucks Sponsorship Deal” would do to a 12-year old’s confidence and self-esteem, I think that’s £50 well spent. :thumbup:

You might consider sponsoring a whole girl yourself, or maybe even clubbing together with a few other RM members and sponsoring a limb each. :001: PM me if you're interested.

There are also other higher profile sponsorship opportunities available for Senior Players and individual matches (£250). So if you’ve got a business of any sort, you’ll not need me to lecture you on your social obligations ;) but you might need me to point out that this particular opportunity might tick a lot of your boxes, just as it does ours. :thumbup:

You can contact Rangers Ladies by email: RFCLadies@gmail.com

Or alternatively, you can talk to me first if you want, and I might be able to add some bonus value for all involved. ;)

B-CIzA0IMAA958w.jpg

Todays Girls U15s friendly result........ Ayr United Girls U15s 0 - 11 Rangers Girls U15s

Storm scored goal of the game (not my biased opinion as im her biggest critic,but that of the other parents).
A great 60 yard solo effort using her pace to breeze by 3 players on the wing and into the box before despatching an unstoppable shot
past the helpless keeper.

Great all round performance ,played everything on the deck and should have scored more if honest .
All augers well for season ahead.

Rangers Ladies v Spartans FC Women.

Live twitter feed: https://twitter.com/RFC_Ladies/

Rangers XI vs @spartansfcwomen: Halbert, Cunningham, Foley, Gemmell, Howat, Karagiozis, McLaughlin, Nicholson, O'Neill, Ross, Swanson

[nice to see RangersMedia's Natalie Ross wearing the captain's armband today. I wonder if it's permanent?]

Twiiter:

1 - We're off come on the Gers!

2- Early chance for Swanson as she goes one on one with the keeper but her shot is easily saved

7- spartans fc free kick causes trouble in the RLFC box but the attack comes to nothing after a Spartans handball still 0-0.

15 - Great drive from Foley results in a deft ball played to Howat but the goalkeeper gathers before she can get there, still 0-0

23 - A decent shot from outside the area by spartans fc midfielder Reilly but it drifts wide still 0-0

28 - great chance to score for RLFC as the goalkeeper tips a close range header from Swanson on to the post. Still 0-0 at Garscube

34 - A shot from outside the area by RLFC captain Ross drifts over the bar, still 0-0

38 - Howat cuts inside and unleashes a shot from outside the area which is gathered by the goalkeeper.

HT: #RLFC 0-0 @spartansfcwomen here in challenging weather conditions at Garscube.

Second half now underway. You can twitifollow it here...

https://twitter.com/RFC_Ladies/

46 - Second Half under way here, come on #RLFC

50 - YELLOW CARD for #RLFC. Riley booked for a late challenge.

60 - spartansfcwomen corner again causes trouble in the #RLFC penalty area but Halbert gathers before Spartans can score. Still 0-0

63 - Stoppage in play as spartansfcwomen Mason goes down, unfortunately looks serious.

72 - SUB for spartansfcwomen Mason not able to continue and is replaced by McLaughlin.

77- RLFC corner by Cunningham falls to Gemmell but her shot drifts over. Still 0-0.

88 - Chance to score for spartansfcwomen as Hewens goes 1-on-1 with Halbert but the Gers keeper makes a great save. Still 0-0

89 - RLFC captain Ross wriggles through the spartansfcwomen defence but the shot is saved by the goalkeeper.

*** The Official Rangers Ladies 2015 Thread

Rangers Ladies 1 v 1 Spartans FC

Am I being thick, or is this an oversight?

Also, do all the Rangers Ladies look like Natalie? Womens football has clearly improved since last I saw it if that is the case!

Am I being thick, or is this an oversight?

Also, do all the Rangers Ladies look like Natalie? Womens football has clearly improved since last I saw it if that is the case!

Yes, it was an oversight. That's what happens when you write your match report before the final whistle! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Och if i'd have known about this sooner i would've walked down its not too far from me.

Wait a minute was it this match that was at garscube or an earlier one? <cr>

No, this weekend they're away at New Douglas Park.

They'll be at home next week though. Gimme a shout if you want tickets. (tu)

I'm sure you'll all be delighted to hear that RangersMedia's very own U-15 Girl, Storm Anderson has been selected for the Scotland U15s West Region Performance Squad. :thumbup:

So keep your eyes open for number 19, but she's fast, so you'll probably miss her.

storm_scotland_kit_zpsgj7kcmsp.jpg

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/ladies-and-girls/item/8822-report-hamilton-0-4-rangers-ladies

Report: Hamilton 0-4 Rangers Ladies
Written by Mark Hendry

8fb6c5c2ff73e0b057e6a54f9a079159_XL.jpg

RANGERS Ladies got their campaign off to a flyer with an emphatic 4-0 away win over Hamilton at New Douglas Park.

The story of the match was very much a barrage of attacks from the Gers who came up against an excellent Accies goalkeeper in the form of Elaine Fleming.

Rangers looked dangerous early on and had two shots in quick succession from outside the box in the first three minutes. Neither effort, however, had enough power to really trouble Accies stopper.

An early goal was what the Blue belles were looking for, and an early goal is exactly what they got. Some flowing build up play from Natalie Ross found Kirsty Howat on the wing. She delivered a perfect cross to the front-post where Lisa Swanson was there to slide the ball home after five minutes.

Rangers were looking to double their lead on eight minutes when Megan Foley dispossessed Accies’ Laura Gallen 20 yards from goal. Foley had a drive at goal, but her effort sailed wide of the mark. It was another attempt, which signalled Rangers’ attacking intent.

Hayley Cunningham was next to drive forward for Rangers but her drilled cross from the left hand side was blocked by the goalkeeper.

A lovely turn on the edge of the box by Hayley Sinclair set up Natalie Ross in the 15th minute. However, the Gers number 14 sent her effort high and wide of the post.

Ross was involved again five minutes later. This time her pass found Cunningham whose decent strike could only find the side netting.

The Light Blues could well have went in at half-time two goals to the good had it not been for more strong goalkeeping. Kirsty Howat wriggled free on the edge of the box before Elaine Fleming descended on her. The pressure was enough to put Howat off, but she found Hayley Sinclair on the edge of the box. Sinclair bent a terrific effort towards goal but it was always swerving wide of the post.

It took the home side 55 minutes to register their first real attempt on goal. Jordan Dalosio was sent through but her first-time shot flew over the crossbar.

Kirsty Howat again almost doubled Rangers’ lead two minutes later. The forward had two bites at the cherry but Hamilton’s goalkeeper was on hand to block both efforts.

Rangers continued to press on the hour and Hayley Sinclair should have scored her first goal of the season. The midfielder rounded the goalkeeper, but her touch was too heavy and the chance was gone.

The second goal of the game finally came on 70 minutes. Hayley Cunningham raced onto a hopeful ball forward and shot against the home goalkeeper. However, the rebound fell nicely to her again and she tapped in for 2-0.

Rachel Halbert had a quiet game, but did her job well when finally called upon in the 72nd minute. The Gers keeper saved well from close-range to preserve her clean-sheet.

The save was vital, as Rangers scored a third a few minutes later. Cunningham picked the ball up 25 yards out and sent a rasping shot beyond the outstretched arms of the Fleming between the sticks.

If that wasn’t enough, the victory was signed, sealed and delivered by Kirsty Howat. With four minutes remaining, the winger found herself bearing down on goal. Her shot was too strong for the impressive Fleming who got a hand to it, but could not keep it out.

A successful start then for the Ladies to their 2015 season, who are bidding to go one better than last year’s 2nd place finish.

RANGERS LFC: Halbert, Foley, Lindsay (Watson), O’Neill, Clelland (Karagiozis), Gemmell, Ross, Sinclair, Howat, Swanson (Hughes), Cunningham.
SUBS NOT USED: Johnstone, Riley.

• 2 weeks later...

Rangers Ladies v Hutchison Vale

CBQl7S_WUAA5faG.jpg

'43 - Rangers down to ten players with Megan Foley sent off shortly before half time.

'45 - Goal: Natalie Ross takes a shot which is first saved but she latches on to the rebound and slots home.

Full Time: Rangers Ladies 1 v 0 Hutchison Vale

"Well done to our u20s who ran out comfortable winners against Queen of the South today. Good afternoon for both senior women's sides today"