Smile

Does McCall deserve a transfer window  

478 members have voted

1. 1. Does McCall deserve a transfer window

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said all along he deserves a chance of a full season and a transfer window. And he is a coach as well as a manager. He worked wonders with Motherwell with the resources he had and the club selling their best players every season.

I'd be happy for him to have next season at the very least.

It's another "please be good" scenario for me with SM. I would be more than happy if he could take us forward long term, but with recent history in mind, I can't decide yet. need more time and more results.

My fingers are crossed though

This.

Would also like to know his intention vis a vis the international scene. This present international break would be an ideal opportunity to work with our players intensively.

He said that he wouldny be attending this time and that Strachan may release a statement soon. I expect a decision won't be made until we discover if he's staying long term or not. This would be the only international get together he would miss if he was to fail to get us promoted so I'm not sure if it would be wise to chuck that so soon just incase.

Other for me. He has to get the squad playing for him, each other and the jersey, which there was a bit of evidence of today.

Even if we do get promoted, I have concerns about it his association with the 9-in-a-row squads though. Football and it's training have moved on from then, a fact which Ally never seemed to grasp and one which was ultimately his biggest failure.

If we go up then yes.

If not I would prefer us to revolutionise our footballing ethos. Maybe a Cathro or similar. So no.

Ultimately imo its down to him getting us up this season to earn longer.

To be fair to McCall he deserves a chance to implement his ideas and players. He's essentially on a hiding to nothing trying to get the best out of these players for him just to be cast aside if there is marked improvement (which there already has been in less than a fortnight)

Cathro is a definite no from me at this time. He might be a very good coach but who's to say he can manage? McCall can do both and deserves a chance after agreeing to help us out. He could have said no and McDowall could still have been here...

I think after today's result with that team of duds he deserves a chance to do a bit of dealing in the transfer market for his own players. Then again don't know what kind of money he'll have, if any, but well done to him today for that result.