The RM Erskine Lunch Fund Top-Up Fundraiser

3_zpsa7538471.jpg

1. How do I donate?
  2. RM Erskine Lunch Fund Patrons
  3. What we've spent so far
  4. The plans for the remaining money

1. How do I donate?

Target: 40 Donations of £5 each = £200

(We received donations from some members before I launched this thread, so they are listed as new donations, but their donation has already been added to the Lunch Fund total.)

For those of you who know what the Erskine Lunch Fund is, and don’t need any explaining or convincing, here are the donation instructions:

1. This is a TOP-UP Donation. Many of you have already donated to the Erskine Lunch Fund in November (see list below). If you are unable to make another donation at this time for whatever reason, don’t worry about it, you’ve already made your contribution this season.
  2. If you did not donate in November, you can still donate now. A donation of £5 is enough to add your name to the illustrious list of Erskine Lunch Fund Patrons.
  3. £5 is the recommended donation amount for us ordinary poor folk, but if you have enough disposable income, feel free to donate any amount you want.
  4. Make your donation via the RM PayPal Donate Page. Here’s the link…

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

If you see a place to add a message to your donation, add your RM Username there.
  5. PM me to let me know you’ve donated

(tu)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. The RM Erskine Lunch Fund Patrons 2014/2015

Thank you to the following Existing Lunch Fund Patrons for their recent top-up donation:

• 72Barca
  • calio
  • Keeps01
  • bluepeter
  • Bears r us
  • gmcf
  • billscott
  • Carsons Army
  • jamess
  • Malvern
  • Courtyard Bear
  • falcoholic
  • mus
  • OnslowDriver
  • Jules Winnfield
  • Wee Bud
  • cstamomusa
  • ianb1547
  • NamibianBear
  • Big Al II
  • better than all the rest
  • RFC#1.
  • fermblue
  • bump
  • Bluepeter9
  • thistleman
  • 10pshortof17pound
  • SW3
  • sweettartangirl
  • smidro
  • cruixranger

And a warm welcome to our New Lunch Fund Patrons:

• broxiK
  • Malvern
  • quinty
  • Inigo
  • D'Artagnan
  • newlanarkboy
  • broxieman
  • thebluedoo
  • The Ghost
  • sprintervanman
  • Beaujolais
  • Jonok
  • STEPBOY99
  • Bobby Hume
  • eskbankloyal
  • pye1965
  • LSGers
  • wotmeworry
  • Carling1873
  • johntee
  • dummiesoot
  • Perth_Campsie_Ger
  • One Jock Wallace
  • TheQueensEleven
  • The_Ibrox_Preacher
  • TheBest-Simples
  • Bertent

The RM Erskine Lunch Fund Patrons 2014/2015

Current membership: 90

• 10pshortof17pound
  • 72Barca
  • As I Was Walking....
  • Beaujolais
  • Bears r us
  • Bertent
  • better than all the rest
  • bettertogether
  • Big Al II
  • billscott
  • bluepeter
  • Bluepeter9
  • Bobby Hume
  • Brianfantana
  • broxieman
  • BroxiK
  • bump
  • Calio
  • Carling1873
  • Carsons Army
  • Courtyard Bear
  • CrackFox
  • cruixranger
  • cstamomusa
  • D’Artagnan
  • DAVIE8CH
  • dexiboy
  • dummiesoot
  • eck the bear
  • eskbankloyal
  • falcoholic
  • fermblue
  • fraz1ross
  • GF7
  • gmcf
  • govanblue
  • govansw1
  • HairyBeary
  • HG5
  • Hoosier Ranger
  • iain1712
  • ianb1547
  • Inigo
  • jamess
  • Jasper Blues
  • JCDBigBear
  • JohnH
  • johntee
  • Jonok
  • JR
  • Jules Winnfield
  • Keeps01
  • Laptoplulu
  • LSGers
  • Malvern
  • Mr Brightside
  • mus
  • NamibianBear
  • newlanarkboy
  • OffshoreWorker
  • One Jock Wallace
  • OnslowDriver
  • paisleyroad
  • Perth_Campsie_Ger
  • Phil
  • pye1965
  • quinty
  • RFC Eagle
  • RFC#1.
  • sammy cox
  • sandyboyblue
  • smidro
  • SoldierBlue1
  • Sportingintegritymyarse
  • sprintervanman
  • STEPBOY99
  • SW3
  • Sweettartangirl
  • TFP77
  • thebluedoo
  • TheBest-Simples
  • The Ghost
  • The_Ibrox_Preacher
  • TheQueensEleven
  • thistleman
  • Travelrug
  • trublusince1982
  • Wee Bud
  • wotmeworry
  • ZZed

3. What We've Spent So Far

Amount Raised in November Fundraiser: £731.93

Total Amount raised to date: £3069.89

Total Amount Spent to date: £2407.56

£500 Cash Donation - £100 each to 5 Erskine Homes towards their Christmas festivities 2014/2015
£440 - Cash Donation to 4 Erskine Homes towards their Christmas festivities 2013/2014
£378 - 7 Symon Suite Hospitality tickets (v Albion Rovers)
£360 – Argyle Restaurant Lunch for 3 groups of Erskine Veterans
£180 – D-Day Whisky donation from a member

£160 – Argyle Restaurant Meal and Drink for 10 (Erskine Bishopton)
£120 - 3 x Rangers Commemorative photo (Ibrox 140 Years)
£110 – Erskine Veterans Ibrox Lunch
£90 – tips to Ibrox Tour Guides, Argyle Restaurant Waiting Staff and Ibrox Megastore Staff for taking care of our 3 parties
£80 - 20 Erskine Calendars for resale to members
£49.56 - various memorabilia including old programmes and DVDs for Erskine Homes
£40 - Christmas presents for Alan, an Erskine Veteran (Jim Baxter memorabilia)
£20.00 - 4 x Pie and Bovril for Combat Stress residents

Remaining Balance: £660.48

4. The Plans for the money

So far, we have some plans (to be revealed in due course) for about £400, but we will still have some money left after that, so we will need to have some discussions amongst ourselves, and with Erskine, about what to do with the rest. (tu)

Plan 1. Erskine Park and Erskine Mains will be having another D-Day Celebration again this year, so we plan to provide a whisky miniature for every resident to go in their ration pack, just like last year...

1_zps37d7e212.jpg

whisky_zpsccf07461.jpg

and our second donation. (tu)

oh, I forgot myself.

So that's our 3rd donation. (tu)

And I know that NamibianBear will be adding his Erskine donation on when we sort out his auction goodies. (tu)

And SoldierBlue1, offshoreworker, thistleman and RFC Eagle have promised to square me up at the next home game.

Probably a few I've forgotten there - please remind me if you're one of them.

And our 4th donation. (tu)

It might be a little early in the thread for me to start on the heavy-duty emotional blackmail, so for now, I'll be gentle with you...

Alan6_zps6925a83a.jpg

Alan5_zps6796b04e.jpg

Erskine Edinburgh: "After chatting with the residents they have chosen, rather than champagne, to have a single malt for the whisky fans and some fancy red wine for the wine drinkers. This is great as we usually can’t afford the good stuff so they’re now really looking forward to enjoying those on the day for their Christmas shindig. We’ve also been able to pay for our entertainer to perform for an extra hour which is great as he’s a favourite with the residents and so now we can have a packed afternoon of great music, fine wines and single malt!

Thank you very much for this generous gift which means that all of our residents are excited about celebrations and in good spirits."

"The Erskine Bishopton Home advised me that the money paid for some extra entertainment, some expensive crackers and some good whisky for all to enjoy."

"Here at Erskine Park we invested in a good quality Santa suit which meant our residents not only had a visit from Santa at our Christmas party but also a visit from Santa on Christmas Day. We borrowed a Santa suit in the past so thank you for ensuring that Santa is always available for gigs at Erskine park in the future. We also bought good quality whisky and decent crackers. Will let you know how Mains and Glasgow spent their donation when they get back to me.

Please thank your guys at RangersMedia for ensuring that our residents once again enjoyed an extra special Christmas."

Once again a Big Thank you to RangersMedia for the very generous donation towards our festive Season at Erskine Mains.

You Enabled us to purchase a New Christmas Tree (the old one was looking a bit tired) our new Tree is Fab and was used for our Tree of Honour Ceremony and our official Switching on of our Christmas lights.

Added to this we were able to purchase more refreshments ( Drinks & Food) for both Christmas & New Year Parties.

Many Thanks and all the best for 2015 to all at RangersMedia

From Erskine Mains

From an RM Member:

Hi there, I went to see my father-in-law tonight at the Erskine McKellar ward.

He was on the Ibrox Tour and Lunch yesterday and had a wonderful time. He is 98 in April but still great!"
He bought a cardigan and a Rangers wallet. He wanted to buy something Rangers-related to send to his Gers-daft grandson in America but wasn't sure what to get.

He said the meal was lovely. He enjoyed the Tour and the History behind some of the stuff in the Trophy Room etc. He was also very complimentary about the guy who did the tour (not sure of his name).

Oh, did I mention that we're also on the lookout for donations of any old unwanted bottles of alcohol.

So if you've got an old present gathering dust in a cupboard, why not put it to a good use?

I've just found this in my cupboard...

Dewars_12_large.jpg?v=1355868966

That was a gift from another RM Member, but I'm sure he won't mind me passing it on! (tu)

Another 5 donations brings the total donors to: 16

BTW - I've just had a phone call from Erskine Park Home to thank us for the two Quarter-Season Tickets which arrived this morning.

I hadn't told them about those, so it was a pleasant surprise for them. :D

They are seriously delighted with them. (tu)

And donor number 24 brings us to about £180 raised so far. (tu)

(that's just an estimate - I won't know the exact figures until I get the accounts from Admin)

regarding the Quarter-Season tickets for Erskine, here's a bit of an email I received today...

"

Really chuffed at having our season tickets. Many thanks once again from our bluenoses at Erskine Park.

"

The Sponsors' Fund will also be providing Erskine Park Home with another 3 tickets for this Saturday's game as well as their new Season Tickets. (tu)