Player Ratings V Cowdenbeath

Bear cub1

Wallace, Templeton, Vuckic and Miller done very well today. Wallace overlapping... Templeton looked like he enjoyed his football and I enjoyed watching it, Vuckic comes on and scores twice. Gamer changer and took his goals very well. Miller's movement and experience really was telling today. To be expected though. Hope he's kept on.

Special mention to the lad Hardie who I though showed a lot of hunge and desire today. Credit to McCall for throwing him on when the game was not done.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some bizarre reason Temps requires to make no mistakes whatsoever and for everything to come off for him before some people will give him credit. I don't think there was a player on the park that had everything work for him today and they were certainly players who made bigger mistakes, but Ferris has no issues with them...

I have issues with other players,

Like moshni, obvious mistake, terrible passing don't know how many times be gave the ball away or kicked it to no one.

Law, still wasn't as involved as he should be.

I said earlier in the thread that the overall performance was better but still a long way to go.

Guess i'm just not prepared to start overly praising players after a couple of decent games when they have been shocking all season.

As for templeton, imo he was terrible, i'll be honest i just don't rate him never have probably never will.

But thats football, all about opinions!

Ah here we go, the usual, if someone doesn't agree the name calling begins!

Post something sensible then we might agree, doubt it though, I think you are a troll.

Templeton tries things, needs to build confidence again. He had a 10 minute spell in the game where nothing went right, but he came back for more, under Ally he would have hid.

Bell- 6 - nothing much to do

McGregor-8- solid as usual , involved in attack more second half and great goal

Mcculloch-6- nothing much to do . Done what was needed

Moshni - 4 - lost count of the times he gave the ball away . His mistake could of cost us big time

Wallace -7- getting back to his best . Linked well with temps at times

Shiels -7- always looking for the ball and linked up play well

Murdoch -8- broke up play well and was comfortable on the ball , good potential

Law -7 - better from him was involved a lot going forward

Templeton-9- my motm . Adds exciting to the team , created a lot of chances , must start next week

Clark -6- full of energy and got his goal , should of had a couple more .

Miller -6- was always looking for the ball , drops too deep sometimes

Vuckic -8- added real class to the team , 2 good goals and must start next week

Hardie -5- pressed the ball well and tried to get involved .

Black -5- kept possession and some nice passing

How fickle we are , if that had stayed at 1-1 after 83 mins this place would be in meltdown about how bad we were .

We were crap for most of this game and were saved in the last 10 mins by the very average Vuckic , according to some on here .

As for Templeton , Scores of 8 and 9 are just laughable........

Templeton certainly wasn't our best player, I mean he did some really good things at the start but he faded badly. This may be due to not having enough game time, so I definitely think he's worth a start. What summed it up for me was the left side was where our attacking threat really came from at the start of the game, mcgregor had to come over to the left to get some joy because he was basically attacking down the right himself. Then as the game progressed it was mcgregor who looked the most dangerous down the right - and he didn't have anyone like wallace to help him until vuckic came on.

Templeton has a lot to prove (tu)

Don't agree with these ratings at all!

Jig did nothing wrong today! He could actually play like Baresi at the back and still get slated on here. 6 or 7.

Wallace was one of the best players on the pitch, definitely more than a 6. 7 or 8.

Law had a good game, was heavily involved. 7

Shiels was one of the poorest performers today. 6

Jig did nothing wrong?! :lol:

How about when it was 1-1 and he was pulled out wide and instead of attempting to tackle the boy he stood off him because he knows he'll get skint. But he didn't even try and foul him, he just let the boy continue to run towards our goal until McGregor had to come in and foul him. Thus getting McGregor a needless booking and giving away a dangerous FK that could have lost us the match.

You can tell me all you want he could play like Baresi, but the fact is he's terrible. He's slow, can't read the game and struggles in every game against shite players, unless he has the help of two other players around him.

I was maybe harsh on Wallace, I did have a 7 in then changed it to a 6.

In a strange way, Templeton has become immune to criticism within certain sectors of our support.

I've said it before; I would argue that he has been our worst investment. He cost us just shy or a million pounds, he's apparently raking in around £7,000 per-week and had near no impact on our progress from the Third Division.

I was buzzing when we signed him, the morning following the night he scored at Anfield, but he has been a terrible signing.

I was surprised when he started yesterday, but interested, too. The first man he took on robbed him of possession, easily. The next three fouled him. The good thing is that he stretches teams, regardless of whether he beats a man. Against part-time opposition, it's the least I expect.

I would have given him a '7' yesterday, it's the best he's played for a whole and whilst I appreciate he hasn't actually been involved for a while, that was absolutely deserved considering how poor he had been.

I think the strength of yesterday's performance , was how we played as a team.

For the first time in years we seemed to have a system. The passing was a lot more to the quality we're used to , and though all too often the final ball went to the opposition , I feel that will come right before too long.

What was heartening , was the tempo we played at , how we pressed the opposition down when they had the ball , our set pieces had improved , and more importantly , how many real chances we created - I don't think anyone would have complained had we scored eight .

All these things were missing under the previous management and , thankfully , it seems to be coming right for the business part of the season.

Obviously the quality of the opposition has to be taken into account , but how many times previously have we dropped points / struggled to win against such opposition.

Full marks to all concerned from me . Onwards and upwards , Rangers .

Post something sensible then we might agree, doubt it though, I think you are a troll.

Templeton tries things, needs to build confidence again. He had a 10 minute spell in the game where nothing went right, but he came back for more, under Ally he would have hid.

As i've said its all about opinions, just because you don't think my post is sensible doesn't mean i'm trolling, plenty of folk have the same opinion on templeton as i do.

If we all had the same opinion forums wouldn't be needed.

As i've said its all about opinions, just because you don't think my post is sensible doesn't mean i'm trolling, plenty of folk have the same opinion on templeton as i do.

If we all had the same opinion forums wouldn't be needed.

wee temps pumped yer bird.this is clearly personal

Don't agree with these ratings at all!

Jig did nothing wrong today! He could actually play like Baresi at the back and still get slated on here. 6 or 7.

Wallace was one of the best players on the pitch, definitely more than a 6. 7 or 8.

Law had a good game, was heavily involved. 7

Shiels was one of the poorest performers today. 6

Jig played a needless pass back when he had decent options ahead of him.

Failure by the other two to deal with said pass back led to the goal.

Jig played a needless pass back when he had decent options ahead of him.

Failure by the other two to deal with said pass back led to the goal.

That is what I thought at the time and would like to see highlights to work out where the rest of the defence was after Moshni lost the ball.