The players that left

Well after what happen to us in the past year I have had more realistic notions of where we are

The players have let us down and even though it hurts to say it unless they do somthing for the club like donate part of their signing on fees to the RFFF then I (and i am sure most Rangers fans) will never welcome these guys back ti Ibrox in any capacity!

When talking nonsense you shouldn't presume your opinion reflects the majority of he ranger support, most people will have put more thought into this than you....

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been away, so I've just seen Naismith and Whittaker's press conference. I felt sick watching it.

I'm trying my hardest to understand and accept their claims that the uncertainty was too much, but then you look at Lee Wallace and realise that between those two and Wallace, there is a happy medium that is acceptable; leave under the minimum release clause terms that YOU implemented into your contract. Not for a single second do I expect those two, Davis, McGregor or whoever else to accept First Division football or lower, but even more so, I didn't, not in a million years, expect them to walk out on the club. Those players would have maintained full-wage contracts, contracts that had built-in protection in the form of of a release clause which, in this day and age with agents, could have been exercised with ease and in turn, given us a transfer fee.

Why would you build-in a release clause, then just walk-out on us? Why?

I appreciate the wage cuts which were taken, big time. I really do, but this has killed me to the extent that I'm almost at the stage where I don't care any more. Maybe it doesn't mean as much to be a Ranger as I thought. Was Bill Struth delusional? I hope not, but it feels like it.

"We owe no loyalty to the new club". This is worse than the months of abuse that I've taken from Celtic fans and came straight out of the mouth of Whittaker during the press conference. UEFA recognise Leeds and Fiorentina as the same club with the same history following similar liquidation processes, so where has this fucking cunt gained the right to make this sort of comment?

These players have walked out on us. End of.

I've been away, so I've just seen Naismith and Whittaker's press conference. I felt sick watching it.

I'm trying my hardest to understand and accept their claims that the uncertainty was too much, but then you look at Lee Wallace and realise that between those two and Wallace, there is a happy medium that is acceptable; leave under the minimum release clause terms that YOU implemented into your contract. Not for a single second do I expect those two, Davis, McGregor or whoever else to accept First Division football or lower, but even more so, I didn't, not in a million years, expect them to walk out on the club. Those players would have maintained full-wage contracts, contracts that had built-in protection in the form of of a release clause which, in this day and age with agents, could have been exercised with ease and in turn, given us a transfer fee.

Why would you build-in a release clause, then just walk-out on us? Why?

I appreciate the wage cuts which were taken, big time. I really do, but this has killed me to the extent that I'm almost at the stage where I don't care any more. Maybe it doesn't mean as much to be a Ranger as I thought. Was Bill Struth delusional? I hope not, but it feels like it.

"We owe no loyalty to the new club". This is worse than the months of abuse that I've taken from Celtic fans and came straight out of the mouth of Whittaker during the press conference. UEFA recognise Leeds and Fiorentina as the same club with the same history following similar liquidation processes, so where has this fucking cunt gained the right to make this sort of comment?

These players have walked out on us. End of.

Spot on

TUPE is designed to protect employees during organisational change. If Green decided that from now on every Rangers goal-keeper gets £5k a week, McGregor's original contact would have to be honoured.

My personal opinion is it is a bit of both; opportunism by players to use a free transfer to make more money and possibly play in a better league, and also the general mess we are in. The league kicks off in 5 weeks and we don't know what league we will be in, what sanctions will be imposed on us. As much as I would love to see players being 'loyal', they are professionals with ambition.

The league kicks off in 5 weeks and we don't know what league we will be in, what sanctions will be imposed on us. As much as I would love to see players being 'loyal', they are professionals with ambition.

A valid point but the transfer window is open until the end of August and the players could have been transferred at any time before then and even waited until they knew what league we were playing in before deciding the future

A valid point but the transfer window is open until the end of August and the players could have been transferred at any time before then and even waited until they knew what league we were playing in before deciding the future

and with the way things are going, and have been since this farce began, could they be guaranteed a club at that stage??

a highly probable no!!

What league we were in was an irrelevance in the respect that there was no way we could have paid these guys wages.

What league we were in was an irrelevance in the respect that there was no way we could have paid these guys wages.

We are contractually obliged to and Green has said nothing to my knowledge to suggest the money wasn't there. Are you aware of anything otherwise?

We still could have sold these guys over the next few weeks. They would have got the move they wanted and the club would have received a fee. Also, the support would have had no reason to criticise the players for moving on in that situation.

We are contractually obliged to and Green has said nothing to my knowledge to suggest the money wasn't there. Are you aware of anything otherwise?

We still could have sold these guys over the next few weeks. They would have got the move they wanted and the club would have received a fee. Also, the support would have had no reason to criticise the players for moving on in that situation.

Am i aware of anything that would stop us paying players between 18-30k a week...are you serious.... :lol:

the support have no reason to criticse them anyway, they did their jobs, very well, and sacraficed their money to keep the club alive for a extra few months when a buyer was found...some of our supporters are ungrateful spoilt weans... (tu)

Am i aware of anything that would stop us paying players between 18-30k a week...are you serious.... :lol:

the support have no reason to criticse them anyway, they did their jobs, very well, and sacraficed their money to keep the club alive for a extra few months when a buyer was found...some of our supporters are ungrateful spoilt weans... (tu)

I get the fact the took wage cuts, and I was and still am eternally grateful.

But what I can't understand is you not being able to understand that most fans felt they should have transferred over and then left for a few hundred grand each.

They've totally screwed us over, yes I get not wanting to play in the SFL1 or 3, but be honest with the fans. Don't say its breaking your heart because they had the choice to stay if they wanted.

And don't even get me started on the players with 5stars tattooed on them. Absolute embarrassment.

There`s not enough money in the world for me to walk out on Rangers,it`s my club,it was my late fathers club,and my grandfather`s club.I remember sitting on my da`s shoulders at George Young`s last game.I had the priviledge of following the Ritchie,Shearer,Caldow team.Jim Baxter was the finest player I have ever seen.At Ibrox for Colin Stein`s debut,idolised big Jock,saw big DJ outjump McNeil in the League Cup Final,went to Barcelona.Nearly wet myself when Souness came.I`m just proud to be a Rangers man and am devastated at how low our great club has been laid,by spivs who should never been near the institution that is Glasgow Rangers.

I get the fact the took wage cuts, and I was and still am eternally grateful.

But what I can't understand is you not being able to understand that most fans felt they should have transferred over and then left for a few hundred grand each.

They've totally screwed us over, yes I get not wanting to play in the SFL1 or 3, but be honest with the fans. Don't say its breaking your heart because they had the choice to stay if they wanted.

And don't even get me started on the players with 5stars tattooed on them. Absolute embarrassment.

They screwed us over by dominating Scottish football, taking wage cuts to keep the club alive and then refusing to lose large sums of money to gift it to the football club because we were financially mismanaged.

It's not he players job to dig us out the financial black hole, they have done there thing. It's Charles greens job.

There`s not enough money in the world for me to walk out on Rangers,it`s my club,it was my late fathers club,and my grandfather`s club.I remember sitting on my da`s shoulders at George Young`s last game.I had the priviledge of following the Ritchie,Shearer,Caldow team.Jim Baxter was the finest player I have ever seen.At Ibrox for Colin Stein`s debut,idolised big Jock,saw big DJ outjump McNeil in the League Cup Final,went to Barcelona.Nearly wet myself when Souness came.I`m just proud to be a Rangers man and am devastated at how low our great club has been laid,by spivs who should never been near the institution that is Glasgow Rangers.

You can play in goals then.

Nobodies denying the fact that these players could never play in division 1, but they used the situation at the club, to engineer themselves big money moves, and signing on fees. Also the way Whittaker and Naismith let their tarrier agent put words in their mouths was unforgivable.

To be expected that some would act as apologists for the damning greed of millionaires departing after being made hugely wealthy on the back of The Rangers support. And make no mistake about that - there's not a penny arrives at The Rangers with out us. TV, sponsors, tickets, merchandising - you name it - it's all in place because fans pay and provide a huge audience.

I don't know anyone who would have objected to them doing a short transfer before moving on. They chose instead to compensate themselves many times over for a salary sacrifice - solely motivated by self interest. The very fact that their opportunistic good fortune directly damages our club just cannot be ignored.

Just listen to their pathetic lies about 'needing to play at the highest levels' before signing for the likes of Norwich and Sion FFS. They wont care what happens to us now of course, but I'm damned if I'm going to bow in gratitude to players robbing the club.

the way Whittaker and Naismith let their tarrier agent put words in their mouths was unforgivable.

I don't buy any excuse from a player involving the work of their agents - they hire the snakes in the first place.

Grown men - their decisions are a personal choice and no one else's.

To be expected that some would act as apologists for the damning greed of millionaires departing after being made hugely wealthy on the back of The Rangers support. And make no mistake about that - there's not a penny arrives at The Rangers with out us. TV, sponsors, tickets, merchandising - you name it - it's all in place because fans pay and provide a huge audience.

I don't know anyone who would have objected to them doing a short transfer before moving on. They chose instead to compensate themselves many times over for a salary sacrifice - solely motivated by self interest. The very fact that their opportunistic good fortune directly damages our club just cannot be ignored.

Just listen to their pathetic lies about 'needing to play at the highest levels' before signing for the likes of Norwich and Sion FFS. They wont care what happens to us now of course, but I'm damned if I'm going to bow in gratitude to players robbing the club.

Very, very well put and incredibly accurate.

Robbing the club :lol: , emotive nonsense.

and playing in the EPL is'nt a higher level than up here??? regardless of which team, it's still a far superior league than anything Scotland can offer.

Robbing the club :lol: , emotive nonsense.

There's no room for nonsense with the facts of the matter. Emotive or otherwise.

They could have transferred, allowed for the contracted, massively reduced fee and still been able to compensate themselves for their 'salary sacrifice' many times over. A win win outcome for all concerned - at least as much as this sorry mess would provide for a win.

They have robbed the club with the sole intention of lining their already bulging pockets.

You keep on tugging your forelock to them - I see their actions very differently.

Correct.

and playing in the EPL is'nt a higher level than up here??? regardless of which team, it's still a far superior league than anything Scotland can offer.

Of course the league is - for the few that will end up there. But, the clubs they will find? Norwich after The Rangers for example?

You couldn't sell that as the highest possible level to Stevie Wonder.