Alistair speaks on loan deals

bawsburst

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedantic.

Personally, I'd want them competing at as high a level as possible if they're not playing for us. Senior football, against grown-ups is, of course a far sterner test than you could ever face in a U20's match watched by one man and a dog. Never mind though, it's another opportunity to slate the manager.

I give up on him. He contradicts himself in this passage. And if he was pleased with them why not give them more fucking game time in the 1st team. All he has done is move the problem away for a few months. Out of sight out of mind. He is kidding no one.

“I enjoy them playing in the Under-20 League but at the same time I don’t think you can replicate playing against men in competitive football.

“That’s just our line of thinking and train of thought. We have obviously kept the boys back that have been playing and around the first-team squad, Lewis and Airdy and boys like that. (and who are the boys like that)

“But it’s important that we can gauge how the lads are going to do and how they fare in competitive football against men.

“I think it suits all parties, I really do. Calum and Robbie are two boys who have been in and around the squad and have come in and scored goals and played.

“I have generally been very, very pleased with them but we just feel, as do they, it’s an opportunity for them to go out and play on a regular basis in competitive football. It also gives us a great opportunity to monitor them which, indeed, we will do.”

Pedantic.

Personally, I'd want them competing at as high a level as possible if they're not playing for us. Senior football, against grown-ups is, of course a far sterner test than you could ever face in a U20's match watched by one man and a dog. Never mind though, it's another opportunity to slate the manager.

I see your following me around today mate, not sure what difference the amount of people watching you has got to do with it but never mind.

Slate The Manager. :lol: The manager does that all by himself every time he opens his mouth he needs no help from me.

Can you tell me when the cut off point is for boys and grown ups I must've missed that memo?

I see your following me around today mate, not sure what difference the amount of people watching you has got to do with it but never mind.

Slate The Manager. :lol: The manager does that all by himself every time he opens his mouth he needs no help from me.

Can you tell me when the cut off point is for boys and grown ups I must've missed that memo?

There is no cut off but why let the youth rot in the under 20 leagues when you can get them 1st team football agaisnt 1st teams either in the league were in or 1 below? Coming from experince from sports coaching and being coached from a Rangers youth coach through college.

He says that youth need to play football at the top to get more knowledge, if they won't get it at Rangers now, send them on loan for clyde, raith rovers and cowdenbeath or their attitude goes out the window and they go away from football and work in construction or retail

My fear with loan deals is out of sight out of mind.

Over the yeArs we have had limited success with few players going out on loan and returning better players, ready to challenge for a place and then gone on to be a success. In fact, off the top of my head only McGregor and Adam are the only look players to fall in to this category. Spencer went to Morton and Hong Kong whilst at Rangers although others benefited from it more than us.

Loans in or out are not the way to run a football club and should only be used in emergency,short term situations. It is embarrassing that even top club's are entering in to.such arrangements these days.

Having said that, there are some examples where loans have worked out incredibly well for the likes of Dalglish, Beckham, Defoe and Ferdinand in the early years of their careers.

I give up on him. He contradicts himself in this passage. And if he was pleased with them why not give them more fucking game time in the 1st team. All he has done is move the problem away for a few months. Out of sight out of mind. He is kidding no one.

“I enjoy them playing in the Under-20 League but at the same time I don’t think you can replicate playing against men in competitive football.

“That’s just our line of thinking and train of thought. We have obviously kept the boys back that have been playing and around the first-team squad, Lewis and Airdy and boys like that. (and who are the boys like that)

“But it’s important that we can gauge how the lads are going to do and how they fare in competitive football against men.

“I think it suits all parties, I really do. Calum and Robbie are two boys who have been in and around the squad and have come in and scored goals and played.

“I have generally been very, very pleased with them but we just feel, as do they, it’s an opportunity for them to go out and play on a regular basis in competitive football. It also gives us a great opportunity to monitor them which, indeed, we will do.”

:lol:

He talks some amount of shite tbf.

Starting to dread every interview.

Gallagher and McKay aren't far off of where Macleod was at when he first got his shot. Probably at the same level / better than Aird up until this season as well. We'd have very decent options in attack/creative midfield if we gave all 4 appropriate opportunity as opposed to just Macleod.

Can't really speak for Gaspa, Stoney, Murdoch etc as I haven't seen them. A few seem to have some plaudits on here though.

Not following you around at all. You just happen to spout nonsense that needs countered.

I get you don't like the manager, but you come across as one of those that lives in a wee fantasy world of what we should have been doing over the last few years and because it never happened it's all Ally's fault.

Not following you around at all. You just happen to spout nonsense that needs countered.

I get you don't like the manager, but you come across as one of those that lives in a wee fantasy world of what we should have been doing over the last few years and because it never happened it's all Ally's fault.

Well as my auld Gran used to say it takes one to know one. :lol:

And as the man in charge of football the buck stops with Ally.

Speaking to RangersTV he said: “Myself, Kenny and Ian sat down with Jim (Sinclair) and the youth department and we just felt, myself in particular, that we really wanted to get the boys out playing at a good level.

Does this wee snippet confirm the rumours of fall outs over these loans?

ok, i think it lends a bit of credence to it.

Maybe intimates that they had a minor disagreement - not sure The Procurator Fiscal would proceed with a case though.... :)

Of course it could be read that Ally wanted the loan deals - and the other 2 couldn't care less one way or the other.

Don't care what people say to me sending these particular lads out on loan is a no brainer, they need first team opportunities to help their development, we have a much stronger squad now and we're in a position where we really need to get promotion, taking a risk on untested players could be too big a risk.

I would rather have these lads sent out on short term loans, gain some first team experience and then come back in the new year and start to fill the gaps that could be caused by injuries or suspensions, would also be funny if the lads who have gone to other Championship teams score the winning goals against some of our challengers helping us also in that respect. :)

Crawford is 21

Gallacher is 20 in less than 2 weeks time

McKay is 20

Luca Gasparotto is 19 tomorrow

Craig Halkett is 19

Walsh is 18

Stoney is 18

Time is running out for these guys. I wonder if they know that?

Running out in what way?

So for each of these, take two years off and that's the guys we were supposed to be developing into a team capable of winning through the leagues and competing with Celtic next season...

Running out in what way?

So for each of these, take two years off and that's the guys we were supposed to be developing into a team capable of winning through the leagues and competing with Celtic next season...

Most are less than 20, they have plenty of time.

I dont think thats particularly young for a footballer nowadays - and time is running out for them to show they are capable of stepping up to the first team.

To the second point - the fact we have loaned them all out points to the charade our youth policy and youth development was and is.

The manager, however, feels that getting more top team action at senior level will only help the players who have now gone out on loan.

this is the same clown that refused to promote a young player to the first team squad for a home game against east fife, and instead left the slot empty

this is the same clown that refused to drop jon daly when the league was done last season because he had no other options

this is the same clown that was, up until this week, still hopeful of more signings

what an absolute clown our manager is

I dont think thats particularly young for a footballer nowadays - and time is running out for them to show they are capable of stepping up to the first team.

To the second point - the fact we have loaned them all out points to the charade our youth policy and youth development was and is.

How is loaning players out making the youth policy or development a charade? There isn't a reserve league anymore which is where most of these players would have been plying their trades. Getting the chance of first team football is good for any player as they can take that step up from a youth league to senior football.