Epl Tv Rights

KingKirk

when are these up for grabs Personally I would like to see Sky go all out to make sure they get exclusive rights BT is good but needing the 2 channels to watch the football is a bit much IMO. Can anyone see BT getting the rights in full for me that would be sky sports finished

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BT have got more more games for next season I thought?

It's going to be BT/Sky for a while with BT the home of the Champions League.

According to reports online current epl deal expires next summer so the next rights issue is from 2016-2019 Also interestingly no broadcaster can bid for the full lot under premier league rules..

Can't see anything about BT showing more next season but the parted with 700million for 38 games per season whenever the deal started..

Split into 7 packages sky have 5 bt have 2 its expected bt will fight to up this when the new deal is announced expected to be worth minimum 4bn 7million per game

Also it appears showing games at 3pm might be back on the cards as part of a new deal

Don't really mind BT in terms of football.

I only watch when the game is actually on and switch over at HT. Never understood folk who sit and watch them in the studio be it Sky ot BT talk utter shite.

You have hundreds of other channels :lol:

when are these up for grabs Personally I would like to see Sky go all out to make sure they get exclusive rights BT is good but needing the 2 channels to watch the football is a bit much IMO. Can anyone see BT getting the rights in full for me that would be sky sports finished

I don't believe they are allowed exclusive rights due to competition laws

Yeah.

However competition is supposed to give a better deal for the consumer.... between boxnation and btsport I'm paying 25 a month more....

My bills went up nigh on £40 in the last 5yrs.... to get the same content.

I dread to think what BT will charge next season :(

A single broadcaster can't get exclusive rights.

The money SKY pays for the EPL is just obscene while fobbing off Scotland with the scraps

We must be responsible for roughly 10% of SKY subscriptions but have to watch while we are starved of cash to allow them to pay absolute pish EPL teams £60M a season for finishing last

The money SKY pays for the EPL is just obscene while fobbing off Scotland with the scraps

We must be responsible for roughly 10% of SKY subscriptions but have to watch while we are starved of cash to allow them to pay absolute pish EPL teams £60M a season for finishing last

Scottish football is rank, no one will invest in that and the bulk of Scottish Sky subscribers would rather watch the EPL than go to watch their home team.

It's just the way it is.

What utter tosh