To You Celtic Football Club, I Say: Never!

GMac

Remembered this article from years ago by Rod Liddle. The only serious journalist I can think of that really stuck it to them.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/rod-liddle/2009/11/to-you-celtic-football-club-i-say-never/

Celtic supporters sung Irish “rebel” songs during the one minute’s Remembrance Day silence before the kick off of their game at Falkirk. Even more Celtic fans waited outside the turnstiles so that they would not have to take part in the commemoration. What an unspeakably foul club it is, bigoted and filled with sectarian hatred. And yet the only Glasgow club which ever gets punished for fuelling sectarian hatred is its rival, Rangers. It is not so long ago that FIFA decided that Rangers supporters were racist bigots for singing their fatuous, hate-filled tales about the Battle of the Boyne etc, while Celtic’s supporters were merely reveling in a noble folk song tradition while singing their fatuous hate filled tales about how good the IRA are.

Celtic wish to join the Premier League – ie the league of the historic Bruddush uppressor. That’s because they’d make a lot more money from finishing fourteenth (at best) in the Premier League than finishing first or second in Scotland. We should never let them do so. Let them have the courage of their convictions and join the League of Ireland where, in their exciting games against Sligo Rovers and Shelbourne, they will never be asked to observe a minute’s silence to commemorate those who fought against totalitarianism. Incidentally, Celtic could only draw with the bottom club, Falkirk. Mr De Valera, your bhoys are useless.

Does anyone have any examples of articles that are pro Rangers or anti-Celtic?

Excellent find there.

I cannot think of one pro-Rangers article or journo, but plenty of pro-cultic.

That is the saddest fact.

It is almost like the islamist mob that they are afraid of and too shit-scared to offend.

Frankly if that is the truth, then we are mightily fucked.

There was an article written a few years ago by Janet Daley I think, which was very intuitive about us and them, but I have searched for it and cannot find it.

Has anybody went at C****c the way that the hag, Collymore, 3 names and Britney have went for us?

nope because at the height of scrutiny that football received, celtic had people in power at their club willing to go bat for them,

meanwhile over in ibrox we had Murray, Mini, Bain and co :anguish:

The only direct reference to Rangers in that article is to call Orange songs "fatuous and hate-filled". It's clearly anti-Celtic, I fail to see how it's pro-Rangers. Nor do I care about the views of a self-confessed (pregnant) woman beater like Rod Liddle any more than I care about the views of a self-confessed woman beater like Stan Collymore