Hearts 4-0 Up Against Cowdenbeath 33 Mins Gone

GOAT

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have scored a few goals yes but the most important stat will be how many games have they won in the last 10 minutes.

Fitness alone should win 90% of these lower league games. When we started in the 3rd most of opposition guys worked full-time jobs all week. The trained a few times a week and you could often see them cramping up during games. If we set out to play a fast paced game, passing, keeping the football, then we would have run these guys in to the ground. Rangers are a full-time professional club so our fitness levels should be on a different level to these guys. We never went down that route tho. The attitude seemed to be - 'You can't play football in these leagues let's just sign Ian Black, hit long-balls, and kick them off the park'. Ally never even fucking tried to get us playing football. When he was sacked a few months ago we were still hitting long-balls and looked devoid of any other ideas. The guy made an absolute cunt of our club and to think he's still taking a wage from the club all the way up until december!

Fitness alone should win 90% of these lower league games. When we started in the 3rd most of opposition guys worked full-time jobs all week. The trained a few times a week and you could often see them cramping up during games. If we set out to play a fast paced game, passing, keeping the football, then we would have run these guys in to the ground. Rangers are a full-time professional club so our fitness levels should be on a different level to these guys. We never went down that route tho. The attitude seemed to be - 'You can't play football in these leagues let's just sign Ian Black, hit long-balls, and kick them off the park'. Ally never even fucking tried to get us playing football. When he was sacked a few months ago we were still hitting long-balls and looked devoid of any other ideas. The guy made an absolute cunt of our club and to think he's still taking a wage from the club all the way up until december!

No argument from me mate. The championship is fulltime though. Nielson has a very fit team, not the best footballing side in the league, I think Hibs play better football but hearts are stronger, fitter and clinical.

well they didn't fade - they appear to be getting stronger. They certainly haven't lost their edge - as our players have griped about . They haven't swanned about the park thinking they are too good for the league they are playing in. They haven't really cared whether its a plastic park or not. They haven't bothered about the weather or the smaller stadiums. They haven't blamed the off field problems for their performances.

They aren't a great team but their manager kept them fit and sharp and concentrated on the job at hand - something McCoist failed miserably to do.

The contrast is stark and its been a humbling experience being a Rangers fan this season. I hope we learn our lesson.

The contrast is stark and its been a humbling experience being a Rangers fan this season. I hope we learn our lesson.

We never do.

We always revert back to what we have done previously as the journey from Div 3 showed us.

Never mind struggling to keep up with the likes of the tims and the sheep, Hearts are already a better run club with stability and a game plan in place. If we can't get it right in a league with just 2 teams who can go toe to toe with us then I fear what will happen if a miracle happens and we go up.

We are going to have to start from scracth regardless of where we are next season, from the board to the coaching staff to the players everythin will need to be changed drastically.

We never do.

We always revert back to what we have done previously as the journey from Div 3 showed us.

Never mind struggling to keep up with the likes of the tims and the sheep, Hearts are already a better run club with stability and a game plan in place. If we can't get it right in a league with just 2 teams who can go toe to toe with us then I fear what will happen if a miracle happens and we go up.

We are going to have to start from scracth regardless of where we are next season, from the board to the coaching staff to the players everythin will need to be changed drastically.

The only thing about the SPL, for some unknown reason, a few of those teams we have played still fear us; St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc.

We are shite and it'll be very very tough for us to go up this Season, but I honestly believe some of the sides in the Championship are tougher than some in the SPL. I don't know if its young coaches getting a chance in the Championship and not in the SPL but plenty of them keep the ball on the deck and thats what we struggle against.

The only thing about the SPL, for some unknown reason, a few of those teams we have played still fear us; St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc.

We are shite and it'll be very very tough for us to go up this Season, but I honestly believe some of the sides in the Championship are tougher than some in the SPL. I don't know if its young coaches getting a chance in the Championship and not in the SPL but plenty of them keep the ball on the deck and thats what we struggle against.

I dont think there is one team we played against, who didn't try and play football. Some were better then others, but I dont recall sides lumping it up the park against us.

Actually we were more route one than most.

I thought they were on 2 sessions a day, sometimes 3?

I think they do. He's probably just built but it looks funny as fuck seeing a guy who looks like he's kicking the arse off of 15 stone running about the park.

I only noticed it becuase I watched the highlight of their game on the BBC website this afternoon.