The Racist Card.....Again

Samir Nasri recently said that Yaya Toure has been looked over as one of the best players in the world purely as he is African and Toure has now came out in agreement with this.

Yeah he's scored 22 goals from midfield but tbh playing the race card is just utter nonsense.

He is a good player but there is no way he is close to being one of the worlds best.....

Samir Nasri recently said that Yaya Toure has been looked over as one of the best players in the world purely as he is African and Toure has now came out in agreement with this.

Yeah he's scored 22 goals from midfield but tbh playing the race card is just utter nonsense.

He is a good player but there is no way he is close to being one of the worlds best.....

racist scum

I love the arrogance of some pro footballers :lol:

Sol Campbell likes this :)

In all seriousness, in my opinion Yaya Toure is one of the most complete midfielders in Europe but by no means is he discriminated against because he is African. That is just nonsense.

There are many admirers of Toure all over the world. I do however, think that Xavi and Iniesta in particular, continue to be classed as the best midfielders in the world despite, in my opinion their performances and influence on the game not being what it once. Don't get me wrong they are both still fantastic players and they have set an impeccable standard but they are getting on a bit, playing less and it seems they will always be regarded as the top men and appear on team of the years XIs primarily on their fantastic reputation. In that sense though it's not just Toure who is overlooked, many other top midfielders such as Reus, Hazard etc are too.

In terms of being one of the best players in the world though, Nasri needs to calm his jets a little. As above Toure is a very good player but he is nowhere near the elite level of Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Ibrahimovic etc.

PS Nasri is and always will be a greetin' faced wee knob! :)

Best player in England by some distance! Top 10 easy! If he was white i reckon he'd be top 5!

Sol Campbell likes this :)

In all seriousness, in my opinion Yaya Toure is one of the most complete midfielders in Europe but by no means is he discriminated against because he is African. That is just nonsense.

There are many admirers of Toure all over the world. I do however, think that Xavi and Iniesta in particular, continue to be classed as the best midfielders in the world despite, in my opinion their performances and influence on the game not being what it once. Don't get me wrong they are both still fantastic players and they have set an impeccable standard but they are getting on a bit, playing less and it seems they will always be regarded as the top men and appear on team of the years XIs primarily on their fantastic reputation. In that sense though it's not just Toure who is overlooked, many other top midfielders such as Reus, Hazard etc are too.

In terms of being one of the best players in the world though, Nasri needs to calm his jets a little. As above Toure is a very good player but he is nowhere near the elite level of Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Ibrahimovic etc.

PS Nasri is and always will be a greetin' faced wee knob! :)

Anti French greeting faced cunt racist.....

I reckon if he had all the same attributes (including build etc) but was white, he'd be held in higher regard and talked about more.

Pretty much down to how unusual, unique and rare it would be to have such a player like that who was white.

I wouldn't say it was but people will argue that is racism.

Yaya Toure is a fantastic player, but to say that he is the best in the world is nonsense, and I'm a fan of City.

He has scored some great goals this season, & when he is on top form City look fantastic, however, he is not always at the top of his game, and has a tendency to go 'missing' for long periods in a game.

He has scored a lot of goals this season, but he is the penalty taker, & City have had a few penalties this season.

In my view Toure is NOT the best player in the world, in fact, he is NOT even the best player at City, IMO, Aguerro, on his day, is much sweeter on the eye than Yaya, even Silva, at his best, would push Toure down the list. Maybe if Yaya Toure wasn't so lazy looking, he'd be thought of in a 'whiter light'??

if toure was brazilian he'd never be the type of player he is just now though, its a pointless argument,

He possibly wouldn't be. However, the thread is about perceived racism. I see nothing wrong with what Nasri said - I don't think it's racist. Another example would be a Scottish player not getting the same recognition as an English player of a similar ability - I don't think that would be racist either.

He possibly wouldn't be. However, the thread is about perceived racism. I see nothing wrong with what Nasri said - I don't think it's racist. Another example would be a Scottish player not getting the same recognition as an English player of a similar ability - I don't think that would be racist either.

It is playing the race card though, by claiming he is treated differently purely down to his nationality.

Such a bullshit claim to make tbh Toure doesn't get the recognition because he is NOT one of the best in the world not because he is African.

Just a sign of the times I'm afraid. Someone says you can be offended by some remark and claim you are hurt by it. Next thing, everyone in that ethnic group is claiming racism at the slightest thing. Before you know it the same will be applied to religion. Oh wait a minute............

Rangers, my team not my project.