The Dubai Loyal

StublueKPL

Guys,

I know a few people on here and I spend my time between dubai and glasgow.

Its a bit weird being a member of 2 supporters clubs (Kinning Park Loyal, Dubai Loyal) but i want to try and promote the Dubai Loyal a wee bit just now.

Club has been going for 10 years now and admittedly, the last couple of seasons the numbers went down a little in terms of membership. THis season the guys are trying to get the club back on the right track and its working well at the moment but they would always appreciate New members or people out here on holiday coming in to watch a game.

We ahve recently moved to the Ramada Chelsea Hotel in Al Barsha into a bar called Centre Circle. Its a good pub with plenty of screens and they will show the Rangers games 100% (if not on the Arabic channels, then on an internet feed). They have a couple of bears tops up on the bar and we are trying to get the bears from all over Dubai to come in.

Yesterday was brilliant for the Shettlestons game. Im guessing around 120-150 were in the bar and the atmosphere was great and a good sash up was also had. I was told there was a around 100 in for the valencia game also and thats great considering the late kick off out here.

The website has also been revamped after some hard work by the guys and its looking great. its also getting a lot more hits

My link

If anyone is interested in joining for this season, the cost is 100dhs (around 18GBP). this gets you a membership card for the bar and 15% discount on the Bevvy so knowing dubais prices, you will get your dough back after one game!!

Equally, anyone out here on holiday/working come along also.

The Killie Cup game on wed will be shown live through internet feed but obviously the numbers for that at (10.45pm kick off

time here) may be down a little but a good showing would be great.

WE also travel to a few euro games each year (outwith obviously going home to Blighty) and the more who travel, the better!!

if anyone needs any further info, give me a PM and i'll give you directions to the hotel etc or visit the website thedesertbears.org

Cheers and WATP

Stu

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you not join the Dubai club full time to give the KPL bus some respite?

I'll give your jaw some respite for half and hour in valencia. after that, im back to rattlin it (with my hands and my baws)

• 1 month later...

says on the website itll be shown live from 4.45pm local time

sorry mate. havent been on for a while. I heard there was a great crowd in for the game (about 140). I was back in glasgow so haven't been on. Pity about the result.

I used to go to the Golden Tulip when in Dubai for the games. Where is the new place exactly? I will be over on business in the next couple of weeks. Staying in the Rotana Towers.

THe new place isn't that far from the golden tulip.

Its still in Al Barsha, THe Ramada Chelsea Hotel. (bar called Centre Circle)

Take the mall of emirates cut off from Sheikh Zayed Road and you wont be too far away.

ALL GAMES ARE SHOWN. if its not on TV, then internet is used.

go to www.thedesertbears.org for any further info or drop me a PM

Cheers

Stu

• 1 month later...

Rangers v Sporting Lisbon

Live tonight in Centre Circle Bar, Kick off 12.05am (but its friday tomorrow so most people are off!!)

Ramada Chelsea Hotel

Al Barsha

Near to Mall of the Emirates

Should be a good crowd in tonight

when you home bawbag ?

NOt going to be home for a while mate. Probably april. Got lisbon and as soon as im back in dubai, im off to bali on holiday the next day. straight from there to Singapore for the rig again.

Papa Nazi's 11 v The Rangers

Live at Centre Circle Bar

Ramada Chelsea Hotel

Al Barsha

Near Mall of the Emirates

Kick off 4.30pm

SHould be around 150 in for this one so get down early!!!

Good turn out for 12am Sporting Lisbon kick off last night, probably around 40-50.

Papa Nazi's 11 v The Rangers

Ramada Chelsea Hotel

Al Barsha

Kick off 4.30pm

SHould be around 150 in for this one so get down early!!!

Good turn out for 12am Sporting Lisbon kick off last night, probably around 40-50.

Good numbers mate. Glad to see it going strong :crabflute:

• 2 months later...

The Rangers v Papa Nazi's 11

Ramada Chelsea Hotel

Al Barsha

Kick off 3.30pm

Obviously a big one. Advise people to get down early even though its a working day here. Prob around 100-150 numbers.

All welcome.

Stuart

The Rangers v Papa Nazi's 11

Ramada Chelsea Hotel

Al Barsha

Kick off 3.30pm

Obviously a big one. Advise people to get down early even though its a working day here. Prob around 100-150 numbers.

All welcome.

Stuart

Met a couple of your lads in Eindhoven mate. Beardy and Norrie. If there in tell them the boys from the drum were asking for them. Cracking big guys. Never let us buy a drink. Sure Norrie said he knew you Stu.

Enjoy mate :crabflute: