***Scotland vs. Northern Ireland thread***

davie1689

rumour has it

as northern irelands anthem is god save the queen

the scotland fans are going to boo it

how many gers fans are actually in the scotland end?

and if you are

will you boo there anthem or challenge the people who do!

british and proud loyal

:unionflag:

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'd have passed my driving test this week, I would have went but just not have sung the NI anthem and stayed quiet then but indeed I would have sung FOS.

its the british anthem

but thanx for the reply

If I'd have passed my driving test this week, I would have went but just not have sung the NI anthem and stayed quiet then but indeed I would have sung FOS.

its the british anthem

but thanx for the reply

Im fully aware that its the british anthem and your welcome (tu)

its the british anthem

but thanx for the reply

each must have its own identity in this match IMO....healthy rivalry between 2 British nations

Even though I think Britain and the union is important, I also think that in football and Rugby terms each nation of Britain must have it's own identity as there are differences between them......

I am British, born in England of Scottish decent, I have a Scottish surname and I am proud of my roots...before family comes into it I always say to people who say things like thats a funny scottish accent to me is Im British I can support any of the British nations...but I feel you can only do that when you can differenciate between the British nations....

...I support both Scotland in the Rugger and the Football and I couldnt imagine supporting England in them things because it is different....I just hate it when we all get labelled British as the same thing - we are the same but we have subtle differences which make each nation unique and we should celebrate them - singing FOS is one of them - so I wouldnt boo, and I wouldnt cheer it either as its in a N.I context...if that makes any sense waffling here now.

its the british anthem

but thanx for the reply

each must have its own identity in this match IMO....healthy rivalry between 2 British nations

Even though I think Britain and the union is important, I also think that in football and Rugby terms each nation of Britain must have it's own identity as there are differences between them......

I am British, born in England of Scottish decent, I have a Scottish surname and I am proud of my roots...before family comes into it I always say to people who say things like thats a funny scottish accent to me is Im British I can support any of the British nations...but I feel you can only do that when you can differenciate between the British nations....

...I support both Scotland in the Rugger and the Football and I couldnt imagine supporting England in them things because it is different....I just hate it when we all get labelled British as the same thing - we are the same but we have subtle differences which make each nation unique and we should celebrate them - singing FOS is one of them - so I wouldnt boo, and I wouldnt cheer it either as its in a N.I context...if that makes any sense waffling here now.

ta for the reply m8

but it isnt an english anthem

thats the point i am trying to make

but i welcome your post

thank you for taking the time to do it

its the british anthem

but thanx for the reply

ta for the reply m8

but it isnt an english anthem

thats the point i am trying to make

but i welcome your post

thank you for taking the time to do it

yeah I know its not an English anthem, but it will be sung in a N.I context.... I wouldnt boo it tho because I believe in the union :unionflag:

Davie1689 is probably one of the most dignified posters on RM.

i prob arent the most dignified posters here boab

but i dont think it will be sung in a ni context

all the nations used to sing it

british nations that is

my point was how many rangers fans are in the scotland end these days?

we cant sing a song every week and then boo it

maybe i`m wrong, but i like a debate and dont think i am

your replies would be most welcome

Of course you will get sections that will boo it, when Scotland played England about 10 years ago it was booed and as far as I know, when it was Scotlands anthem years ago, it was booed and then changed to STB.

But you will also get sections that will respect it like any other anthem.

I'll be there and I won't boo it. But people are asking fans who are going not to boo as it will just give ammo to the media(a bit like people on here saying not to sing TBB).

If Alex Salmond gets booed when making an appearance at Hampden, then what hope is there that GSTQ will not be boo'd? :craphead:

I certainly won't be boing it :unionflag: Im going to the game, but I will be neutral as I was born in NI, so Im obviously an NI fan, but will be in the Scotland end with a few mates of mine who are all Scots. Im hoping Lafferty and Healy give those 2 septic centre backs a torrid time though.

its the british anthem

but thanx for the reply

its actually the Northern Irish anthem, under those circumstances.

why be a smart prick ?

its the british anthem

but thanx for the reply

why be a smart prick ?

Northern Ireland doesnt have an anthem. GSTQ is the UK national anthem.

its the british anthem

but thanx for the reply

why be a smart prick ?

and where did you get that conclusion my friend????

its a british anthem

tim alert

When is the game?

A week tonight.

Why would a Scottish fan boo GSTQ?

Fair enough if you don't like it, or even respect the British National anthem. But to boo anyone's national anthem is a disgrace.

And yet again, those Tartan Army feckers who do, will embarrass themselves and the country.

I've never been to a scotland match so i was going to make this my first game, but was on tartan army forum and they all plan to boo it.

There is no way i would pay £25 for a ticket and get chucked out before game starts because there is no way i would be able to stand next to a prick who booed our british anthem.

Long live the union!

I've never been to a scotland match so i was going to make this my first game, but was on tartan army forum and they all plan to boo it.

There is no way i would pay £25 for a ticket and get chucked out before game starts because there is no way i would be able to stand next to a prick who booed our british anthem.

Long live the union!

:unionflag: :clap::clap::clap:

When is the game?

A week tonight.

Why would a Scottish fan boo GSTQ?

Fair enough if you don't like it, or even respect the British National anthem. But to boo anyone's national anthem is a disgrace.

And yet again, those Tartan Army feckers who do, will embarrass themselves and the country.

I think it is going to be split. Boos are inevitable(unfortunately) and I hate it when I hear any anthem being booed by any support(England booing Croatia's anthem etc...) but I also believe a lot of people will respect it by staying silent.

Long live the union!

I read the thread on that forum and there are a lot of idiots on it, I agree but a lot also said they would stay silent and respect it like any other anthem.

Also read a lot of Northern Irish fans might be coming over, so should hopefully be a good atmosphere.

Long live the union!

I read the thread on that forum and there are a lot of idiots on it, I agree but a lot also said they would stay silent and respect it like any other anthem.

Also read a lot of Northern Irish fans might be coming over, so should hopefully be a good atmosphere.

about 4 thousand of them

i welcome them all