Shev back to Milan on loan

JR

Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko is close to securing a return to AC Milan, according to one of their directors.

The 31-year-old Ukrainian has endured two disappointing years in England since his £30m move from Milan.

Milan director Silvano Ramaccioni said: "We are close to the end of the deal and I hope these little things that have to be fulfilled are done soon."

Shevchenko is AC Milan's second-most prolific goalscorer of all-time with 127 goals from 208 games.

An initial one year loan deal was reportedly discussed when Milan chairman Silvio Berlusconi met Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich in Sardinia last Thursday.

The Italian press claim the deal will be finalised on Thursday or at the latest 24 hours later and Ramaccioni agrees.

"Shevchenko in the Rossoneri shirt - there really isn't much more to be done," he told Italian radio station Radio Goal.

"I would be extremely delighted if Shevchenko returns to Milan and I am ready to embrace the Ukraine champion again, for us it's about a return home."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/7573135.stm

Milan have officially given up on trying to lure Andriy Shevchenko back to San Siro.

Reports earlier in the week suggested that the Rossoneri were close to agreeing a deal with Chelsea for the former Diavolo hero to return on loan.

But it has emerged that the Blues demanded Milan bought Sheva outright and refused to contribute to his wages for a temporary move.

Despite the optimism of director Silvano Ramacconi just 24 hours ago, the world champions have confirmed that Shevchenko won't be wearing a Milan shirt and Vice-President Adriano Galliani has explained the situation.

“Talks for Shevchenko have been put on ice,” the Diavolo director admitted to Ansa.

"We offered a loan deal with a permanent option but Chelsea said no because they wanted to sell him outright."

Milan have been active in the transfer market this summer having added Ronaldinho, Gianluca Zambrotta and Mathieu Flamini added to the ranks and a number of faces returning from spells elsewhere.

Move is back on.

Chelsea have confirmed Andriy Shevchenko's move back to AC Milan is back on.

Shevchenko's hopes of a return to the San Siro appeared to be over earlier this week after talks over a loan deal collapsed.

Milan claimed the move was dead after Chelsea decided they did not want to loan out Shevchenko and would only let him leave on a permanent basis.

However, the move was resurrected on Friday night with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and Milan supremo Silvio Berlusconi reopening talks and both parties have now finally agreed a deal to see Shevchenko return to the Rossoneri.

The Ukrainian has endured a miserable time at Stamford Bridge since his £30million switch from Milan in the summer of 2006.

The move is subject to Shevchenko passing a medical at the Italian giants as Chelsea have decided to let the unsettled striker move on.

Medical

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani confirmed Shevchenko will undergo a medical on Monday.

"After a series of frantic phone calls during the day today, we have reached an agreement with Chelsea," Galliani told Milan Channel.

"Andriy returns to the Rossoneri, tomorrow he will be in Milan, Monday he will undergo a medical, then he will sign a contract and from Tuesday he will be available to Carlo Ancelotti.

"We succeeded in bringing home the player who in the last 50 years has scored the most goals in our shirt.

"President (Silvio) Berlusconi and I am happy, as is our coach and I believe also our players.

"I believe that Milan are the only club in the world to have three European players of the year in our squad."

Galliani added: "Andriy has returned home and I am happy about it. I am a Milan fan and I am very happy.

"I've spoken to Andriy 48 times in the past three hours...the terms of the agreement are very private.

"Between today and tomorrow Andriy will be at Milan and he will start again his life as a Milan player.

"Andriy made a mistake in leaving and I believe that in the past two years he has realised that this is his home.

"Now he has made his financial sacrifices but at this point the only thing that matters is that he returns to us."