Celtic

dramsay1

Guys we are a week away from the transfer winda closing. Personaly so far im pretty happy with the business we've done..................i wouldn't have miller, and i would have tried to punt cousin a bit quicker and took the money for mcculloch.................all things being equal our buys, so far at least, seem to have hit the ground running for the ones who have played.

Celtic on the other hand so far, haven't had the best luck.

They've got samara's - ive not seen enough to make a comment, but sounds like a player who needs a manager to put fair in him. They've made it obvious that they want a big name defender, infact by the looks of it they were willing to spend fair wack. In the end they decided that Loovens wasn't a bad bet and not wanting to leave all their spending to the last week went and paid over the odds for a championship player in the last year of his contract.

Nakamura is an interesting one, a few journo's have into their heads that if celtic are out of europe by xmas, he'll be gone in january - bringing muzuno so they keep their hand in the asian market sort makes it look more likely. Does that mean they they'll bring another midfielder in or with MacDonald and JVH not free scoreing, do they get spend a wack on a striker. I think they have money, but i don't know if they know what they want.

So guys i pose the question, where are the tic' weakest and what do you think they will go buy?

I know some guys on here will say 'who cares?" but i think the next week have a big say in the season ahead.

Guys we are a week away from the transfer winda closing. Personaly so far im pretty happy with the business we've done..................i wouldn't have miller, and i would have tried to punt cousin a bit quicker and took the money for mcculloch.................all things being equal our buys, so far at least, seem to have hit the ground running for the ones who have played.

Celtic on the other hand so far, haven't had the best luck.

They've got samara's - ive not seen enough to make a comment, but sounds like a player who needs a manager to put fair in him. They've made it obvious that they want a big name defender, infact by the looks of it they were willing to spend fair wack. In the end they decided that Loovens wasn't a bad bet and not wanting to leave all their spending to the last week went and paid over the odds for a championship player in the last year of his contract.

Nakamura is an interesting one, a few journo's have into their heads that if celtic are out of europe by xmas, he'll be gone in january - bringing muzuno so they keep their hand in the asian market sort makes it look more likely. Does that mean they they'll bring another midfielder in or with MacDonald and JVH not free scoreing, do they get spend a wack on a striker. I think they have money, but i don't know if they know what they want.

So guys i pose the question, where are the tic' weakest and what do you think they will go buy?

I know some guys on here will say 'who cares?" but i think the next week have a big say in the season ahead.

I think its a good talk, but shouldn't be in the BEARS DEN.. :P

Celtic had a better squad than us to begin with, they never needed the type of surgery that we do and they still don't.

They're still pish - and the wont hide behind funerals this year

Celtic had a better squad than us to begin with, they never needed the type of surgery that we do and they still don't.

(tu) Their team isn't strong at all really.

lets compare signings :P Loovens, Samaras, Crosas, McCourt :craphead: to Lafferty, Miller, Velicka, Bougherra, Mendes, Edu, Davis, Aaron, Bresciano (?)

we have done far better and I include selling Cuellar in this as well

i think it does matter. I reakon right now its close. I think both teams have got exellent keepers. Decent - but could improved defenses. Both strongest (us now after the window) in midfield. I think both team are weakest up front.

i totally agree. But but because we getting rid of cousin and hemdani, with ferguson injured, weir getting on and cuellar gone we had a fair bit of catching up to do. We're at the end of our spending. I just hope that they don't go out and blow £8million on good midfielder and a striker - i think they have the money, they're still in europe. I think they're gonna pull one out of the hat at least.

i totally agree. But but because we getting rid of cousin and hemdani, with ferguson injured, weir getting on and cuellar gone we had a fair bit of catching up to do. We're at the end of our spending. I just hope that they don't go out and blow £8million on good midfielder and a striker - i think they have the money, they're still in europe. I think they're gonna pull one out of the hat at least.

I know what your getting at, i think they will make a signing or two but we shouldnt worry about them, they have dropped points and will again its what we do :unionflag:

Their strength is their mid-field; and we have the midfield to combat that now. They are still weak at the back and wee Shitty Skippy won't be as successful this year. Don't rate Sandmaass...... :unionflag:

as they are our main rivals its relevent to discuss their strengths and weaknesses...know your enemy so to speak.

I think they are still after Maloney and working to offload Balde to Birmingham...Eck is reportedly trying to persuade him to come south...then when they have freed up those wages they may go for a 'big' signing

I can't see them doing much if they don't make a major signing.

If we had got into Europe we'd still be looking to bolster and improve the squad. Celtic don't seem to be doing that. To me they are consolidating a team that barely won the league last year.

It gives me hope for this season. We shouldn't expect to win the league but if those feckers don't do something soon we probably could.

well thats celtic bought maloney back.......................that rules out bringing in anymore midfields for them unless someones goes. They just dont have the room. I still think they'll spend a bit of money on a striker yet.

I can't see them doing much if they don't make a major signing.

If we had got into Europe we'd still be looking to bolster and improve the squad. Celtic don't seem to be doing that. To me they are consolidating a team that barely won the league last year.

It gives me hope for this season. We shouldn't expect to win the league but if those feckers don't do something soon we probably could.

"IF" the middle word of life.........................................and "PROBABLY" ???!!!??? :unsure::huh: :huh:

Well if it's McGayday's or Borats funeral they can postpone a match for me.

Is that why they needed ambulance chasing and us playing 5 games in 10 days for them to win the league last year? I'm glad to say that wee gordons luck has finally run out (tu)