Panorama: Stadiums of Hate

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think we gave our song up and this shit is going down.

The Serbs are the same bunch of screwballs who need banned from Euro World football.

Disgracefull uefa fare should be ashamed coming after us .They came after the easy target ,and we gave up too easy.

Thanks to Murray .

But I doubt they'll be shown right before the Olympics in order to cause hysteria and make everyone believe that is normal behaviour, as tonight's programme seems to have achieved.

Emmmm but it is normal behaviour over there. Happens week in , week out and certainly seems widespread

Emmmm but it is normal behaviour over there. Happens week in , week out and certainly seems widespread

There was similar doubts about South Africa as well before the World Cup and that tournament went ahead successfully. Of course Poland and Ukraine have problems with racism but when the worst issues are highlighted before a major tournament, it causes hysteria and panic when the vast majority of people will no doubt have a great time there.

But I doubt they'll be shown right before the Olympics in order to cause hysteria and make everyone believe that is normal behaviour, as tonight's programme seems to have achieved.

It is normal behaviour. Are you just being contentious or are you really thick? Or maybe you are correct and it's not normal behaviour.....just total coincidence that all of the games the BBC attended had violent, racist or anti-semetic incidents.

The big brave Nazi skinheads picking on the Asian lad (who was just trying to watch the match and was actually supporting the same team as them) while everyone just watched made me sick.

Ironic that these big tough Nazi lovers from the Ukraine and Poland in particular are from countries that Hitler invaded and routed in about 3 hours. Vile countries full of vile people. Steven Gerrard should march his England team off the pitch if players are subject to that abuse.

Uefa are a total embarrassment. What a inept, corrupt, shameless organisation.

There was similar doubts about South Africa as well before the World Cup and that tournament went ahead successfully. Of course Poland and Ukraine have problems with racism but when the worst issues are highlighted before a major tournament, it causes hysteria and panic when the vast majority of people will no doubt have a great time there.

Maybe we shouldn't highlight incase it causes "panic". Maybe we should just sweep it under the carpet, let black or asian supporters travel to the competition and just take their chances? Idiot.

It did kind of show you that it wasn't just Germans who took part in the oppression and holocaust of the Jews in WW2. A lot of people from other nations like Poland and Ukraine were perfectly happy to take part in it too.

Poland has a disgusting history. A Polish boy worked at a Glasgow gym I attended, I got to know him and he obviously felt comfortable enough to start making pretty hideous comments about Pakistani people (the gym had quite a few Asian members all of whom were friendly and decent guys). When I pointed out people of Pakistani origin had more right to be in the U.K than Poles and historically many had actually fought for the British Army he looked at me like I was crazy.

It is normal behaviour. Are you just being contentious or are you really thick? Or maybe you are correct and it's not normal behaviour.....just total coincidence that all of the games the BBC attended had violent, racist or anti-semetic incidents.

The big brave Nazi skinheads picking on the Asian lad (who was just trying to watch the match and was actually supporting the same team as them) while everyone just watched made me sick.

Ironic that these big tough Nazi lovers from the Ukraine and Poland in particular are from countries that Hitler invaded and routed in about 3 hours. Vile countries full of vile people. Steven Gerrard should march his England team off the pitch if players are subject to that abuse.

Uefa are a total embarrassment. What a inept, corrupt, shameless organisation.

Of course there is racial issues there but I'm not as quick to label a whole country racist because of the actions of skinhead thugs.

Maybe we shouldn't highlight incase it causes "panic". Maybe we should just sweep it under the carpet, let black or asian supporters travel to the competition and just take their chances? Idiot.

I didn't say that it shouldn't be highlighted or swept under the carpet. Not at all. I said there shouldn't be generalisations about a country because of the programme. Not the same. Sol Campbell saying "Stay at home, watch it on TV. Don't even risk it… because you could end up coming back in a coffin." is not the same as highlighting and investigating an issue.

Of course there is racial issues there but I'm not as quick to label a whole country racist because of the actions of skinhead thugs.

I didn't see anyone on the this thread or on panorama claiming whole countries were racist. The contention was that football in these countries was violent, racist, anti semetic and dangerous for black or asian people to watch. All of the evidence on Panorama backed this up but you felt the need to argue the point because you are a) contrary b) an attention seeker or c) really thick. I would imagine you are a combination of the three.

I didn't see anyone on the this thread or on panorama claiming whole countries were racist. The contention was that football in these countries was violent, racist, anti semetic and dangerous for black or asian people to watch. All of the evidence on Panorama backed this up but you felt the need to argue the point because you are a) contrary b) an attention seeker or c) really thick. I would imagine you are a combination of the three.

Football can be violent, anti-semitic, racist and dangerous for black or asian people in a lot of countries, not just Poland or Ukraine. I know, I watched it as well. It was hard-hitting and right to highlight these issues but I don't think it's right to generalise. It happened to South Africa as well and that was a successful tournament.

I wouldn't say that anyone in here suggested that mate, nor the documentary. I think the problem they were highlighting was that in the Country there is an element, who attach themselves to football to push their far right wing pish. Which could in turn put certain travelling fans in danger.

I know the media love scare tactics, but I think there is genuine fear about what could happen to a fan who just finds himself in a horrible situation.

I wouldn't say that anyone in here suggested that mate, nor the documentary. I think the problem they were highlighting was that in the Country there is an element, who attach themselves to football to push their far right wing pish. Which could in turn put certain travelling fans in danger.

I know the media love scare tactics, but I think there is general fear about what could happen to a fan who just finds himself in a horrible situation.

And I understand that, but it's comments like Sol Campbell's that annoyed me and not even Panorama. Saying that fans could come back in a coffin is just irresponsible and will just cause panic.

And I understand that, but it's comments like Sol Campbell's that annoyed me and not even Panorama. Saying that fans could come back in a coffin is just irresponsible and will just cause panic.

Maybe, but going by the last clip on that documentary it is quite possible, quite within his rights to say that after seeing some of the footage tbh, if the games at the Euros are going to be policed/stewarded like the ones in this film were then I wouldn't recommend any black or asian people to go over. Disgusting and shouldn't be happening in todays game... baffles me how we're hit so hard for singing a fucking song when things like this are going on.

Maybe, but going by the last clip on that documentary it is quite possible, quite within his rights to say that after seeing some of the footage tbh, if the games at the Euros are going to be policed/stewarded like the ones in this film were then I wouldn't recommend any black or asian people to go over. Disgusting and shouldn't be happening in todays game... baffles me how we're hit so hard for singing a fucking song when things like this are going on.

If he had said that black and asian fans will have to take extra care as there is a vicious racist element of their footballing support then I'd say he was spot on but he didn't. I understand he was being emotive but I think there's a difference and his comments won't help. It's not the issue though and I hope Uefa crack down on it but they are a farcical organisation.

To be honest i doubt there will be much happen in the stadiums. i dont think many of the regular fans that participate in the racism will be able to afford tickets. I think its outside the stadiums where there can be trouble , groups wandering about and shouting racist slogans etc.

I read an article about gangs over in the Ukraine who are hunting people like animals and for sport as well now I don't know how true that is but the article had someone who had survived it after being found in a warehouse interviewed and he gave his account where he told of being tortured and beaten etc.

Another part of it was they were finding people and dismembering them with chainsaws until they bleed to death after just leaving them which is all so horrible to read about.

When you consider that the same country had the Maniacs who videoed themselves killing people for fun basically I would tend to believe this is happening.

I read an article about gangs over in the Ukraine who are hunting people like animals and for sport as well now I don't know how true that is but the article had someone who had survived it after being found in a warehouse interviewed and he gave his account where he told of being tortured and beaten etc.

Another part of it was they were finding people and dismembering them with chainsaws until they bleed to death after just leaving them which is all so horrible to read about.

When you consider that the same country had the Maniacs who videoed themselves killing people for fun basically I would tend to believe this is happening.

Is it ukraine where that 3 guys 1 hammer video comes from? Never seen that video and I certainly don't intend to after hearing people talking about it, fucking sick.

Worst of all was the Police Chief in Kharkiv clearly denying there was racist chants.

Agreed, you could tell he was lying as he wouldn't look the reporter or the camera in the face while denying the fans were doing such things.

Thoroughly interesting while disgusting viewing.

Is it ukraine where that 3 guys 1 hammer video comes from? Never seen that video and I certainly don't intend to after hearing people talking about it, fucking sick.

I couldn't sleep for days :(

Agreed, you could tell he was lying as he wouldn't look the reporter or the camera in the face while denying the fans were doing such things.

Thoroughly interesting while disgusting viewing.

I couldn't sleep for days :(

Literally? :lol:

It's ironic that you call him 'thick' but you're the one who, during a discussion, resorts to petty insults.