Celtc sign Marc Crosas

Muff

Marc Crosas, the 20-year-old Barcelona midfielder, could become a fixture in the SPL this season if Celtic are successful with a loan bid.

The highly-rated holding player, who spent last season on loan to Olympique Lyonnais, helping them win the French title, played in both of Barcelona's convincing wins over Hibernian and Dundee United last week.

However, with fierce competition at Camp Nou for midfield places, another loan move would suit both the player and his manager, Pep Guardiola. Seville are also interested, but the Catalan club would rather not lend Crosas to a rival.

advertisement

A source said: "Barcelona rate Marc very highly, so there's no way they will sell him. But Guardiola likes the Scottish mentality, the work ethic and the team spirit, while moving to Celtic for a year would also give him some valuable Champions League experience."

Hope not, quality player!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the kind of deal we should be looking at. A quality young player on loan.

Na, fuck it, we'll just stick to SPL, Championship or Scottish players.

That's the Tims been after Tamas, Crosas and Cavenaghi during this pre-season.

They, in all honesty, must be fucking loaded compared to us.

I have no doubt someone will come on here and say 'All smoke and mirrors from Lawell', but I think it's a desperate attempt to hide away from our lack of ambition in the transfer window.

I have no doubt someone will come on here and say 'All smoke and mirrors from Lawell', but I think it's a desperate attempt to hide away from our lack of ambition in the transfer window.

I really believed we would try for some better signings with the Euro and Hutton millions...

Hes a quality player and i wouldnt want him to go to them, but he wouldn't get a game often because of strachans preference of hartley and robson in midfield.

I think you're being rather hopeful there.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Never heard of him.

I see theres a lot of posters calling him a quality player, just curious as to how often anyone has actually seen this guy play seeing he has only played a handful of games for Barca and Lyon.

Apart from Paddy O'Court, have they even offered anyone a serous contract?

Well?

Never heard of him.

I see theres a lot of posters calling him a quality player, just curious as to how often anyone has actually seen this guy play seeing he has only played a handful of games for Barca and Lyon.

watched him in the friendlies v dundee united and hibernian and was very impressive. Hes rated very highly by barca as well.

Never heard of him.

(tu) Absolutely spot on, mate!

It's just another rant from the doom and gloom merchants who want to say with every post, "Everything's crap. Walter's crap. Barry's crap. all our player's are crap. Paddy McCourt and anyone that Celtic look at are automatically the best player ever in their position, even if they haven't played one game in a proper team in a proper league."

Never heard of him.

It's just another rant from the doom and gloom merchants who want to say with every post, "Everything's crap. Walter's crap. Barry's crap. all our player's are crap. Paddy McCourt and anyone that Celtic look at are automatically the best player ever in their position, even if they haven't played one game in a proper team in a proper league."

How is it being doom and gloom about rangers, by saying crosas is a quality player? Iam not being doom and gloom, i just think he looks a quality player.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Apart from Paddy O'Court, have they even offered anyone a serous contract?

Well?

Was going to post something along these lines as well, every summer celtic are linked to players they have no chance in hell of getting, even this summer theres so far been the names you mention, plus Pavlychenko, Bent, Boulharouz etc.

The only contract they appear to have offered anyone is 16 grand a week to Tamas who would not budge from his 25 grand a week demands and the deal has collapsed.

When we pulled out of a similar situation with Shittu we were derided. I would argue that the evidence suggests that they really aren't as loaded as they are made out to be.

Never heard of him.

How is it being doom and gloom about rangers, by saying crosas is a quality player? Iam not being doom and gloom, i just think he looks a quality player.

Because the player really hasn't proved himself, even moreso than Donati who was even more highly rated at that age, it's being played in this thread that they're doing wonders in the transfer market whilst we're messing up anything.

We have made the better signings by far this summer. They may well try to pull off a Donati/Gravesen/Jarosik style move as their "blue chip signing" but "blue nose signings" would have made a greater contribution to Celtic than these overpaid, headline-grabbing, non-achievers.

Never heard of him.

Because the player really hasn't proved himself, even moreso than Donati who was even more highly rated at that age, it's being played in this thread that they're doing wonders in the transfer market whilst we're messing up anything.

We have made the better signings by far this summer. They may well try to pull off a Donati/Gravesen/Jarosik style move as their "blue chip signing" but "blue nose signings" would have made a greater contribution to Celtic than these overpaid, headline-grabbing, non-achievers.

Fair enough

Never heard of him.

How would you know when and how many times people have seen him play?

Never heard of him.

Funny how someone can slate the player even though he has never seen him play.

I have, and on a number of occasions for both Barca (at several levels) and Lyon. He's far better than Donati and the other absolute dobbers you've mentioned and along with McGeady and Robson, would give a midfield of Hemdani, Thomson, McCulloch and Whittaker a lot of problems.

Unfortunately for us, Crosas has came out in the paper this morning saying that he'd 'jump at the chance' to go there for a season.

Never heard of him.

I have, and on a number of occasions for both Barca (at several levels) and Lyon. He's far better than Donati and the other absolute dobbers you've mentioned and along with McGeady and Robson, would give a midfield of Hemdani, Thomson, McCulloch and Whittaker a lot of problems.

Unfortunately for us, Crosas has came out in the paper this morning saying that he'd 'jump at the chance' to go there for a season.

More assumptions.

Let him jump. The weather will have a more significant effect on any match he plays in than the player himself.

Never heard of him.

How would you know when and how many times people have seen him play?

You've missed the point. doh

Never heard of him.

More assumptions.

Let him jump. The weather will have a more significant effect on any match he plays in than the player himself.

Lets hope so.

I'm hopeful the Scottish defenders afford him the same treatment they do to Beasley, Naismith and Burke etc.