Transfers

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

So Arsenal might lose Mustafi, Sanchez & Oxlade Chamberlain before the window shuts along with Ozil going into the final year of his deal with little indication that he will sign a new one. What an absolute shambles :lol:

And Wenger seems entirely happy with the situation

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think you missed the point of my post. 

No club is interested in a bidding war at present. Only City are in for him. I'm saying that if he hasn't gone in this window then City are then in competition with a whole host of other clubs in January where all that matters is the signing on fee and wage structure. They don't want to let it get to that stage.

It's been well reported in the papers, especially the Mirror - which is pretty much the Arsenal Official News - that Arsenal value having him for one more season and letting him go for nothing than selling him cheaply now.

If he does go in this window for City then it will be closer to 75m than 50m. 

By that logic we should just give hearts the million quid they want for walker, my point is purely that Sanchez is not worth 75million with only a year left on his contract, the fact that nobody else has bid for him makes the bid from city a very generous offer.....if Arsenal would Rather keep an unhappy player as accept 50million then that's their prerogative but if they are attempting to screw city for 75million then more fool them if they pay it.

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

So Arsenal might lose Mustafi, Sanchez & Oxlade Chamberlain before the window shuts along with Ozil going into the final year of his deal with little indication that he will sign a new one. What an absolute shambles :lol:

Genuinely could be looking at a mid table finish

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

By that logic we should just give hearts the million quid they want for walker, my point is purely that Sanchez is not worth 75million with only a year left on his contract, the fact that nobody else has bid for him makes the bid from city a very generous offer.....if Arsenal would Rather keep an unhappy player as accept 50million then that's their prerogative but if they are attempting to screw city for 75million then more fool them if they pay it.

Everton are asking for 50 million for Barkley (which they won't get) and with him being in the exact same contractual situation as Sanchez is Arsenal are well within their rights to demand a lot more than that for Sanchez.

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Why the fuck are Chelsea signing Danny Drinkwater? :lol: 

I have no idea why anybody would deem Matic surplus to requirements and then basically replace him with Drinkwater :lol:

I fully expect him to be there for 12-18 months, barely play and then join a Stoke or West Ham type team for about half the amount Chelsea paid for him.

22 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Why the fuck are Chelsea signing Danny Drinkwater? :lol: 

With their current squad, they need 3 'homegrown' players to make the quota. 

They've let Terry, Ake, Chalobah, Zouma, Boga, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham & Baker leave. 

Hence why they went after Chamberlain and are still pursuing Barkley. If not, their squad will be really weak with youth. Which might be a good thing for Chelsea. 

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, ben51 said:

With their current squad, they need 3 'homegrown' players to make the quota. 

They've let Terry, Ake, Chalobah, Zouma, Boga, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham & Baker leave. 

Hence why they went after Chamberlain and are still pursuing Barkley. If not, their squad will be really weak with youth. Which might be a good thing for Chelsea. 

should have kept Chalobah and Loftus Cheek rather than signing Drinkwater for an exorbitant amount of cash.

£40m, £50m. Ridiculous figures for good players, that's all.

With the exception of Sanchez, the Fees some of these players go for is nothing short of robbery.

£75m for Lukaku, £40m for Oxlade Longname. Makes me worry now when we buy for £1m. Just how shite are they??

Being a small country with idiots running our game and our horrible string commentators accents have really fucked our game good and proper.

6 hours ago, A.T.G said:

£40m, £50m. Ridiculous figures for good players, that's all.

With the exception of Sanchez, the Fees some of these players go for is nothing short of robbery.

£75m for Lukaku, £40m for Oxlade Longname. Makes me worry now when we buy for £1m. Just how shite are they??

Being a small country with idiots running our game and our horrible string commentators accents have really fucked our game good and proper.

7.5 million for Sone Aluko and 30 million for Jonny Evans. English football has gone mad :lol: