Liverpool Sign Danny Ings - Subject To Medical

Gaz52

Top story on BBC Sport, delighted with this as I think Ings has a big future ahead of him but would still like to see Liverpool sign another quality striker.

Also, Rodgers needs to get his finger out and bring in defenders, it's clearly their weakest area and Emre Can is better in midfield than playing as part of a back 3 IMO. So I hope his plan isn't Skrtel, Lovren & Can at the back next season :anguish:

Shite club, shite fans, shite future.

I wouldn't say they have a shite future, think of the money they'll get just from TV revenue alone, Anfield is a full house every time they play there, even though they tried with Clyne they don't seem to be raiding Southampton this year for players.. But aye, future's bleak, on the verge of going under probs....

I wouldn't say they have a shite future, think of the money they'll get just from TV revenue alone, Anfield is a full house every time they play there, even though they tried with Clyne they don't seem to be raiding Southampton this year for players.. But aye, future's bleak, on the verge of going under probs....

Fair enough, I just see them as 5th/6th position club for the forseeable future. They have fell a considerable bit behing in terms of the big 4 and I genuinley dont see that changing, infact it will probably get worse with the spending constictions being relaxed.

Ings and Milner won't win the league for liverpool

Can't see Jose worried about liverpool signing them two

Milner showed against Ireland how average he can be!

He had Aguero, Toure & Silva to bounce off this year and made him look better.

He will be bang average in a poor liverpool side

Milner was a free transfer and by the sounds of things so is Ings as his contract is about to expire with Burnley, that's decent business

I reckon Rodgers will still have the green light to bring a few more in. And hopefully Sturridge gets a good run next season without his injury problems hindering him

read that Gerrard scored more league goals (9) than Sturridge (4), Lambert (2), Borini (1) and Balotelli (1) combined

ok Sturridge struggled with injuries but fuck me hahaha

I wonder how many of Gerrard's goals were in open play.

Exactly.

He's a decent prospect, but if they are pinning their top four hopes on a guy who's had one half decent season in the premier league then their fans are only going to be left disappointed again.

Come on now. The transfer window technically isn't even open yet. Premature to assume that this is all they're doing. In fact, Milner on a free and Ings on a minimum development fee is great business.

Need a fit Daniel Sturridge and also a top class striker on top of the Ings signing.

Although there's not many out there who Liverpool will be able to attract without Champions League football.

Come on now. The transfer window technically isn't even open yet. Premature to assume that this is all they're doing. In fact, Milner on a free and Ings on a minimum development fee is great business.

Oh absolutely, I fully expect they will do more business. I'm just not sure Ings has done enough yet to warrant a move to a club like Liverpool, especially if they want to get back into the top four and I'm not convinced that he's gone there expecting to be third choice behind Sturridge and maybe somebody else either.

Milner is a good signing though. I'll give them that one.