**** Official Golf U.s Open 2015 ****

Hamie

The length of the course will be a huge factor. 3 of the par 4s are 3 of the longest in history at 534, 537 and 546 yards! Some won't reach that even with their Sunday Best! If you're short and can't keep it straight you have no chance.

Dustin Johnson is interesting. His form has been going from atrocious to sublime, sometimes in the same tournament. However with his length I think he'll contend strongly.

I'll have a better look for good value players in the next day or two.

Michael Putnam isn't necessarily long nor consistently great but he lives 1 mile from the course so is one of the few who know the course. Could be possible value for top 10/20. Ominously though Spieth's caddie lives near by too and also has course knowledge.

Nice bit of info that mate! - cheers

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Saturday and Sunday off work , get in ya fuckin dancer ! That course looks as scary as fuck .is it the 15th that's got the 20ft deep bunker?

Even Dracula couldn't get out of that ha ha.

Been dying for this for ages.gonna throw a curve ball into this, gut feeling and only that mind, tells me Ian Poulter will win it.he has got the stones an mental strength to tame both the course and the yanks .really would love a British winner.hate that wee speith cunt .!

I want to see how they get out of that bunker though.id take that many swipes , I'd fuckin strike oil ha ha.

No Surrender

Rab

I always back Poulter, he gives the impression he is due something. Issue here is that he is not the longest and length will be crucial for this course.

Really difficult to pick a winner so I have just stuck on about £30 on a combination numerous 6 folds, stakes ranging from 13p to 75p, minimum return of £1800.00 approx, to hopefully give me some decent interest.

Top Argie - Cabrera (to beat Romero)

Top Canadian - Fritsch (to beat Hearn)

Top Dane - Bjerregard (to beat Cappelen)

Top English - Casey, Willett, Fleetwood or Sullivan

Top South African - Oosthuizen, Grace or Coetzee

Top US - DJ, B Watson, Walker, Woods (just in case :)), Moore, Mahan, Woodland, C Hoffman, Putnam or Beljan

Let the madness commence!

I always back Poulter, he gives the impression he is due something. Issue here is that he is not the longest and length will be crucial for this course.

Don't be fooled by the length, apparently the fairways are so fast that you can putt from 150 yards from the green. Good piece on Jimmy Gunn where he also states that a lot of golfers will complain about the course. Suspect he's referring to the American target golfers.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jun/17/jimmy-gunn-links-us-open-chambers-bay

“I’ve never played Dornoch this firm and fast but the fescue grass on the greens and fairways is familiar. The putting surfaces here are a lot more undulating, but Dornoch’s greens have the same sort of roll-off areas. So there are similarities. You can putt from 150 yards off the green here if you want to.

“So many guys will be complaining about Chambers Bay but I won’t be one of them. I love the course. I love that good shots will sometimes be punished and bad shots rewarded. That’s the way golf is supposed to be.”