Parma

on Talksport earlier they were saying that Parma are basically folded and if they don't come up with a million euros in the next couple of weeks they wont be able to apply for Serie D

It's disgusting to see what money has done to such respected community institions.

1 million euros. Saves an entire football club or gets you 3 & a half weeks of services from fuckin Wayne Rooney.

It's disgusting to see what money has done to such respected community institions.

1 million euros. Saves an entire football club or gets you 3 & a half weeks of services from fuckin Wayne Rooney.

Its a sad state of affairs mate, doubt it would be hard for the likes of Cannavaro, Thuram and others to drum up a million between them to save the club seeing that Parma gave a lot of them there big break, not like that matters in football now a days.

A club twice the victim of unscrupulous businessmen. Shite how something that means the world to thousands of people can be destroyed by a few arseholes trying to make a buck for themselves.

Apparently they are now going to be an amateur club?

Yup. That's if they are lucky, mate. Nasty business.

I wish them well, we obviously have a wee bit of recent history with the best team in their history.

UEFA Cup 1998/99:

Went on to win it, giving those cheating bastards Marseille a fair humping in the final. :21:

Champions League 1999/00:

I think Parma are the only club who have had worse luck than ourselves with regards to crooked owners and a governing body who didn't give a shit.

They were dissolved in 2004 as well and have had a barrowload of La Spivios in charge ever since. Twice in two months, they were sold for one Euro... and one of the guys who 'bought' them never even paid up!

Italian 'businessmen,' Russian-Cypriot 'congolmerates,' no-one at the Italian FA giving much of a hoot. Their fans have been treated like shit.

Yup. That's if they are lucky, mate. Nasty business.

I wish them well, we obviously have a wee bit of recent history with the best team in their history.

UEFA Cup 1998/99:

Went on to win it, giving those cheating bastards Marseille a fair humping in the final. :21:

Champions League 1999/00:

16 years ago. 16 years. <cr>

I forgot that Parma were the Uefa Cup holders when we beat them. And the Uefa Cup was a good bit stronger back then.

That club gave us an absolutely epic few games.

One of my best memories was beating them at ibrox with Vidmarband Reyna on the score sheet.

They were a team of galacticos back then.

Was that Clauio's brother...?

Sounds like a relative of Cumberbatch Benedict with such a splendid Dickensian moniker.