Kilmarnock Chase Boyd And Mcculloch

Kilmarnock chase Kris Boyd and Lee McCulloch

_83896188_boyd.jpg

Kilmarnock are trying to sign Lee McCulloch and Kris Boyd with the former Scotland internationals being out of contract with Rangers.

Manager Gary Locke wants defender McCulloch as his assistant manager but says the 37-year-old is still hoping for a new contract at Ibrox.

"I've had tentative talks with Lee, but it's not gone any further than that," Locke told BBC Scotland.

"He would give me a playing and a coaching option."

McCulloch was Rangers' captain and was integral to their defence as they won League Two, League One and then missed out on promotion to the Premiership this season.

But new Rangers manager Mark Warburton has already signed Danny Wilson and Rob Kiernan to bolster his back four.

"He is waiting to see what happens at Rangers before making any decision," stressed Lock.

"If they make him an offer, I suspect he'll stay there."

Boyd scored 10 goals in 43 appearances in his second spell at Ibrox after ending his second term with Kilmarnock.

However, the 31-year-old fell out of favour at the end of the season under Stuart McCall.

"It's no secret that I am looking for a striker and I've been keen on Kris for some time," said Locke.

"We start back training on Monday and I would like to add to the squad as soon as possible.

"I am also looking at striker from England who I have looked at several times and who could do a job for us."

Agree Al .Sick of all this shit attacking Jig when he has now left .

Surely to fuck we have to move on from this now and wish him all the best.

I was his biggest critic while playing but some of the stuff written now is just plain petty.

Agreed. Some of the stuff on here regarding McCulloch is way OTT.

I don't see any criticism now, mate. I take it the thread was chopped? How many hundred posts had to be censored?

If I bump into Lee he will be getting a warm handshake and thanks from me. I will leave it to others to sit and snipe.