Scottish League Re-Construction

Apologies if this has been posted before but found this site online with what, to me, looks like a very attractive looking proposal. Just wondered what others thought of it? Only question I had (might have missed in the article) is what would happen in the event of a lowland team being relegated while a highland team was promoted but I think that's a scenario that could happen even now with the current playoff structure? Anyway links below for anyone that wants a read.

http://90minutecynic.com/90mc-scottish-football-league-reconstruction-proposal/

Apologies if this has been posted before but found this site online with what, to me, looks like a very attractive looking proposal. Just wondered what others thought of it? Only question I had (might have missed in the article) is what would happen in the event of a lowland team being relegated while a highland team was promoted but I think that's a scenario that could happen even now with the current playoff structure? Anyway links below for anyone that wants a read.

It seems like a very good proposal. It is, in fact, very close to a structure I play on FM. I would love the above to happen but I just can't see the powers at be having the foresight to make this big of a change.

Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic comes to mind. :sherlock:

Yeah, this. I like the pyramid idea, but in terms of the top division, I actually like it as it is. I don't think we have enough good outfits to justify a top 16 with a 3 up, 3 down setup.

I think we've changed the format so many times in the last 30 years or so. Doesn't that tell us something? Maybe we need to realise that the format of the league isn't the biggest problem we have.

Depending on which teams are promoted, there might need to be a slight change each season in the teams that compromise the SFL Highland and SFL Lowland divisions, depending on the 12 teams that are most northerly and southerly (in the league structure example below the decision actual had to be made on alphabetical grounds, as Stirling University and Stirling Albion would be tied for the 12th most northerly team as they share a stadium).

think they do something similar down south with the leagues below the conference

TV bosses are the daddies and they wouldn't be best pleased going from 4 games against the animals to half of that.

Hard to argue against that. Of course playing each other only twice per year could possibly make the league more competitive which should generate more interest in the league as a whole, rather than just a handful of games.

We'd be going from no games against them, to two.

Obviously. But once we get to the top league again, I'd imagine they wouldn't be happy having 2 instead of 4 like it would have been for the past 4 years had we not been illegally sent down the leagues.

Obviously. But once we get to the top league again, I'd imagine they wouldn't be happy having 2 instead of 4 like it would have been for the past 4 years had we not been illegally sent down the leagues.

Perhaps, the TV companies need to be told what's for sale and if they want to bid for it they can. If they don't bid enough, they don't get.

Perhaps, the TV companies need to be told what's for sale and if they want to bid for it they can. If they don't bid enough, they don't get.

If only it was as easy as that. They effectively run the game up here.

TV bosses are the daddies and they wouldn't be best pleased going from 4 games against the animals to half of that.

That was my main worry as well but I think we can counter that somewhat, I'd introduce a Scottish Super Cup were more often than not it would feature the Old Firm, you also want to give people a reason to watch Scottish games, while it'd cut the 4 gauranteed Old Firm games in half, I think it'd make more games more of a spectacle, take Aberdeen for instance, right up until the tims won the League they were only 11 points clear of Aberdeen, considering they actually took 12 points off the Sheep it shows that against the rest their consistency was slightly better, theres no reason why Hearts and even Hibs once like us they sort themselves out can't show consistency against the rest and it also means when the Sheep/Hibs/Hearts etc... do play us or them then those games become bigger and more vital

Also you'd be slashing 24 points off the Season so thats another 24 points both us and the tims cant use to pull away from the rest, I think its a no brainer and what TV would lose in Old Firm quantity they'd make up for every single week with more games and more teams being far more critical to the League Championship