Mo Farah

If it's proven that Salazar has cheated then Farah says he will leave him.

As the accusations pre date Farah's working relationship with Salazar I don't really see what more Farah can say.

Farah has never tested positive for drugs so he's still the greatest British distance athlete ever and I hope he wins another double gold at the Rio Olympics next year.

If it is proven that Salazar has doped his athletes, regardless of whether Farah ever fails a test I'll be fairly confident he was doped. Doping coaches don't waste their time, money and risk their livelihood on their also-rans and get their top athletes to do it all clean, they give their best services to their top athletes.

When Farah joined Salazar he was an underachiever. If Salazar was doping other athletes, if that's how he made his money, what exactly was appealing to him about working with a clean, underachieving Mo? Where was the evidence that it would be a success, when he had decided clean techniques hadn't been enough for his other athletes?

I know a couple people in the NCAA scene and there's been ridiculous amounts of suspicion regarding Salazar and the Oregon project for years. There's absolutely no doubt about it that he's done it in the past, and pretty sure Mo has as well.

He was average as fuck before joining Salazar.

Might be worth noting that he isn't actually THAT good an athlete times-wise.

He's 31st all time for the 5k and 25th for the 10k.

He's benefiting from an incredibly weak period.

It's always hard to tell in long distance-running though. If you don't NEED to, because of a weak era, most people aren't going to go out at world record pace in a major championship final, and most peak for those major championships, so they aren't going to think "fuck it, I'll go all out for the record" at a Diamond League meet.

Could be that Mo is nowhere near one of the top athletes over his events or it could be that he he has just run within himself.

It's always hard to tell in long distance-running though. If you don't NEED to, because of a weak era, most people aren't going to go out at world record pace in a major championship final, and most peak for those major championships, so they aren't going to think "fuck it, I'll go all out for the record" at a Diamond League meet.

Could be that Mo is nowhere near one of the top athletes over his events or it could be that he he has just run within himself.

Fair point, and he is top 5 ever over the 1500m

Is it physically possible to be so dominant over 10k yet be the one of the best ever over 1500?

1500 is slow twitch, but 10k is a whole different ball game. That's not even mentioning his 2.08 marathon...

Fair point, and he is top 5 ever over the 1500m

Is it physically possible to be so dominant over 10k yet be the one of the best ever over 1500?

1500 is slow twitch, but 10k is a whole different ball game. That's not even mentioning his 2.08 marathon...

The question in cycling is always "how is this person a sprinter, climber AND time-triallist all at once, despite these requiring different natural physiologies?"

Same principle really. If it seems implausible it usually is.