I Have A Massive Fear We Will Fade Away

Gaz52

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are pretty bleak right now and it is a combination of so many things that has us in this mess.

However, things can change so quickly, any feeling of positivity in the club, any feeling of a link between the club and the fanbase will go a long way, attendances bumping back up as we join together to try to rescue this current disaster of a season. Along with that a new manager, a team that see some sort of strategy, roared on by fans with a point to prove - that is our starting point.

We talk about no surrender, and WATP, this is going to be the time to actually show it,

For some reason we can not play on Artificial surfaces when our own training pitch is Artificial. We played against hibs and raithrovers which were both grass and then came to the likes of Falkirk on an Astro pitch and play crap, doesn't make any sense.

We were Rubbish against Raith rovers the game could have went either way,we were poor against hibs this Draw wasn't really a shocker for me.

I did predict a nervy 1-0 win but that was more out of hope, the players have chucked it.

I just never believed McCoist was the right man for the job. His approach to signing players was to rummage through old team sheets from the Walter Smith era and then offer them insane money for the level we were playing at.

Then you have the fact he wouldn't leave the job most likely because he'd never get another job like it on anywhere near the same money added to the board needing a Rangers legend in place to keep us fans onside.

He had 3 years to build something substantial, he had the money to do it compared to the competition and yet we looked worse the day he left than anytime under his reign.

Then you turn your head to Tynecastle. Robbie Nielson strides in the door with a proper plan. Double training sessions and a real ability to coach and improve players and looking at his team now you can see the progress made.

10 nil up at Cowdenbeath. That's a team that shows no mercy.

No we will we not fade away, that is a ridiculous notion to place on a 143 year old institution and worlds most successful football club.

This isn't the first time Rangers FC has been in the doldrums, it won't be the last time, so for us younger generations only used to unparralled success it's about time we stopped this 'woe is us' shite and get on with it.

People(anti-DK) go on and on about how they support the club not the board, inferring the rest of us do the opposite, and whoever win will get their backing for the sake of the club. They also tell everyone DK has won, it's just a formality etc yet they spend everyday on here decrying the board-elect and those who voted for them.

News flash: We've voted already, give this political posturing a fucking break.

Three cheers for the boardroom who have guided us here in the past few years...three cheers for the pricks who want Ashleys to get his hands in deeper.

Three cheers for the return of the pricks who put us in Whytes, then Greens, then Ashleys hands in the first place too I suppose.

Aye good one. Can't wait.

Footballing wise we're a shambles, not got any big game players, no game changers and more important, no leadership.

Aye, things might improve financially shortly but McCoist's legacy is going to live on, how hard was it to bring youngsters through, pay them a fair salary and build them up to be good footballers?

Black, Shiels, Daly, Cribari, Peralta, Argygygyou (or whatever his name was), Simonsen, Foster, Smith, Miller.. Just to name a few. These signings have killed us big time and we will be spending another year in the championship due to the shitebags who pull on our jersey these days.

We've finally started to see some changes in the squad but last night's selection with Law left wing instead of Templeton shows how clueless/stubborn these men are, the board haven't caused this situation, the management have

Terrified we die away like Leeds. If we do get back to the SPL, it's going to take 5 years minimum until we've got a side who can compete with Celtic, honestly it's just sickening what McCoist has done.

We faded away before, you know.

It was hell being a fan in the 70's and 80's, but you are probably too young to know what that felt like.

THEN WE CAME BACK.

We faded away before, you know.

It was hell being a fan in the 70's and 80's, but you are probably too young to know what that felt like.

THEN WE CAME BACK.

Your right we be back of that there is no doubt. But it won't be next year ffs. Wete rotten. Anyway enough of that shite I'm off to the thistle to see some real Rangers men.

my thought on the reality of this is that from day one of liquidation everyone took a massive blow to their status . us as fans , players , management . The thought of romping division three (remember how much the bookie took in on bets that we wouldn't lose a game) then the absurd spending on players and very generous contracts to boot . These players trying to match the status of rangers old , the fans expectations of instant glory . Not to be . Never fade away but reality is living within our means , surviving to reach those limits of old . its gonna take a long time , a very long time . If you have time on your side then don't worry about it .

I admire your optimism.

If King invests in the squad and a scouting team we can achieve it.. This squad with 3 or 4 top additions can challenge easily... As things stand atm The management dont want to be there so that gives the players a excuse for not trying anymore.... thats whats happened i think