I Have A Massive Fear We Will Fade Away

Gaz52

Murray was the person who started the financial breakdown but that's gone, it won't be forgotten but try and balance things out. McCoist had to try and scrape together a team when we were in the third division, no argument about that. However he then had more advantages than most other managers in Scotland when we got promoted to league one...

Yes; McCoist has been shown to be a poor manager. Big deal, we can move on from that. The sorry state this once great club has found it's self in though is squarely down to Murray, he destroyed us with his gross financial mismanagement and his abandonment of the club to the first spiv who would take it off his hands. It will be amazing if we ever recover fully.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no pride or respect in playing for Rangers anymore. We as a club and team are a laughing stock and it permeates through to the players. Blame the boardroom shite all you want but that's just an excuse for being average.

I have repeatedly said that i am finding it difficult to see a way out of this mess and a return to former glories.

If we are to run within our means as Ashley has done at Newcastle then we will be a mid table mediocre team for years to come.

If King assumes control of rebuilding then we are going to need upwards of £30 to £40m just to get back to the level we were at. And this also means running at a loss and incurring significant debt. A lesson we simply will not learn from and the reason why we are where we are.

King also said 3 to 5 years before we are "competing". Will the support last another year let alone 3 to 5?

Yes; McCoist has been shown to be a poor manager. Big deal, we can move on from that. The sorry state this once great club has found it's self in though is squarely down to Murray, he destroyed us with his gross financial mismanagement and his abandonment of the club to the first spiv who would take it off his hands. It will be amazing if we ever recover fully.

It's Scotland we play in, not some league that is lavish with money, during our time away from the top division there has not been one relevant challenge to them, this season is the closest in the last three years and that's coming unstuck. The club will get back to the top, it may take three or four years but we will be back, i'm quite sure King, Letham, Park, Gilligan are already working to that scenario in the quickest time frame possible. As i stated it's Scotland we play in, not a great deal to beat in reality.

It's Scotland we play in, not some league that is lavish with money, during our time away from the top division there has not been one relevant challenge to them, this season is the closest in the last three years and that's coming unstuck. The club will get back to the top, it may take three or four years but we will be back, i'm quite sure King, Letham, Park, Gilligan are already working to that scenario in the quickest time frame possible. As i stated it's Scotland we play in, not a great deal to beat in reality.

....and where's the money coming from,outwith loans at high interest,to rebuild Rangers,to compete in Scotland,nevermind Europe,where we really need to be playing year on year,to become truly great once again???

....and where's the money coming from,outwith loans at high interest,to rebuild Rangers,to compete in Scotland,nevermind Europe,where we really need to be playing year on year,to become truly great once again???

Do you really think that King, Letham, Park and the rest haven't given a lot of thought into what is needed to get us back to the top in Scotland? It has been stated that it will take 3-5 years to get back to the top in Scotland, get the management and coaching right then we could win the SPFL Premiership in our third season back, assuming we get promotion this year. A successful Rangers will attract investment to try and qualify for CL proper in 5 -6 years. It's not going to happen overnight but 3 years to win the Scottish title is well within reality or do you think that as a club we will stay as we are for a significant number of years. Not a chance of that happening if we are ran correctly as a football business.

Do you really think that King, Letham, Park and the rest haven't given a lot of thought into what is needed to get us back to the top in Scotland? It has been stated that it will take 3-5 years to get back to the top in Scotland, get the management and coaching right then we could win the SPFL Premiership in our third season back, assuming we get promotion this year. A successful Rangers will attract investment to try and qualify for CL proper in 5 -6 years. It's not going to happen overnight but 3 years to win the Scottish title is well within reality or do you think that as a club we will stay as we are for a significant number of years. Not a chance of that happening if we are ran correctly as a football business.

Exactly. There's no chance that we'll "fade away".

As long as the fans stay interested the club will always be there.

I think the only thing which could threaten outside interest would be if we didn't make it up this year.

And we achieve that by...err ...going in to even more debt. And that was what King said not me.

3 years to win the SPFL is within reality but is it within financial reality???

It is every Rangers supporters main priority to ensure you are wrong. At present we are doing our bit, now from next week it's up to the suits to deliver their promises.

We will never fade away though, be certain of that

This.some folk need to calm down.Leeds and Rangers are not comparable,fear not i think we are on the way back (this time).

sorry mate must have got the wrong end of the stick

Think that's what he neant mate. Linfield sell a surprising amount of merchandise. An orange away top shifted 5k in a couple of days. Yet we're lucky to get 2k through the gate.

I have 5 nephews only 2 are in anyway interested in Linfield or Rangers, the rest is sky loyal.

what did you mean? that their local fans are more interested in the epl than lfc?