Season 2015/16

I don't see how it is possible to rebuild in the championship, but not in the premier. I don't think we'll go up, but anything we want to do can be done in either league - with more money if we get promotion.

I never thought this through properly and I stand corrected of course the income streams necessary for us to progress are to be found in the premiership and not the championship. My thinking was along the lines of blooding younger players which would be a lot easier in the current league than the premiership. If we go with youth and they get pumped week after week what happens to morale and what happens to attendance figures? I think the answer lies in a mixture of both with promising youngsters playing alongside seasoned professionals. Going to change my cup from half empty to half full at the end of the day I just want whats best for Rangers and to start enjoying my football again!

This club needs to be in the top league .Another season in this league won't make any difference . Even with that ,there is no guarantee we would not get found out .

No we have to go up and take any medicine . We will get a few spankings ,that is for sure . Still have to be up there though competing

I'm positive because by March 7th we will have a new manager in place.

We need someone who is going to lift the place and can get the best out of what we've got.

Is McCall capable of doing that - Yes.

But there are other options. Some are riskier than others but offer something different and have the potential to take us further.

Ultimately the football setup needs to:

-Develop are own

-Identify talent

-Coach effectively

-Have a system and structure that gets the best out what we have

In answer to the OP. I would much prefer us to be in the top league next season- no matter what are level of competitiveness. We need to be there. There is a greater opportunity to increase income streams plus greater opportunity to attract decent players. We cannot try and hide in the Championship. Our players have gone backwards whilst playing alleged inferior opposition. 3 years in the doldrums and 2 low value titles and not even a Scottish Challenge Cup- no wonder Ibrox is steadily emptying.

However unless there is an inject of some sort of energy and direction following the EGM, then as things are I can see us being in the Championship anyway next year.

All together now the cry was we surrender

FFS

We will never surrender mate! I wouldnt mind another seaso9n in championship, but purely for the reason that the schum at the SFA and the biggeted wee diddy clubs need us more than we need them!

We will never surrender mate! I wouldnt mind another seaso9n in championship, but purely for the reason that the schum at the SFA and the biggeted wee diddy clubs need us more than we need them!

cutting off your nose to spite your face then.

assuming things change in the next few weeks ie. new manager/ coach then we will go up, we have already beat two spl teams this season with a "sh-te" team which needs to step up on fitness, and tactics which a new manager will implement providing we make a positive choice, it is nonsense to suggest a decent manager would sidestep us! the potential is there and the only direction would be up. we were getting 40,000 crowds when we went down and had we a decent manager we would not have gone through all that pain and humiliation as the money would have been there to run off field matters, no redundancies etc, as I said, the only way is up when we get organised and I do not see many changes in personnel on field, next season is a different ball game.

Couldn't read anymore after the no promotion bit.

Do people not understand the money we will lose if we don't get promoted.

We will need to find even more money from somewhere if we are stuck in the championship.development would stall for even longer.

Why do people think it would help us or our team in anyway?

Is it just a defence or excuse to not getting promoted?

Non-promotion isn't the end of the world if King and co can steady the ship financially, the support comes back in it's droves to help with finances and give the team an added boost also a management team is found who have a plan to progress us forward that isn't going to break the bank.

I'd fear if we got promotion, we'd do what we normally do and throw the chequebook around to try bridge the gap between us and Celtic immediately instead of doing it progressively and a financially viable way. Whether we go up this season or not, at the end of this season we're going to have alot of players out of contract and on their way out the door. Rebuilding is going to have to be done, something that without a doubt will take time.

If we don't get promoted and can look at what Hearts did at the start of this season, brought in the correct players mixed with some youth, while sorting out the boardroom mess, we will get promoted next season comfortably with in theory a far better platform to progress in the SPFL than we would if we went up this season.

Non-promotion isn't the end of the world if King and co can steady the ship financially, the support comes back in it's droves to help with finances and give the team an added boost also a management team is found who have a plan to progress us forward that isn't going to break the bank.

Well for the support to come back the squad needs rebuilt and a decent manager needs to come in.

It's not going to come back just because King is in instead of the last board.

We will see if King can invest in the club to allow these things to happen, he has no excuses now.

However if we don't go up then it's going to be a complete distaster, no point trying to dress it up as anything else. It will damage this club badly.

I'd fear if we got promotion, we'd do what we normally do and throw the chequebook around to try bridge the gap between us and Celtic immediately instead of doing it progressively and a financially viable way. Whether we go up this season or not, at the end of this season we're going to have alot of players out of contract and on their way out the door. Rebuilding is going to have to be done, something that without a doubt will take time.

If we don't get promoted and can look at what Hearts did at the start of this season, brought in the correct players mixed with some youth, while sorting out the boardroom mess, we will get promoted next season comfortably with in theory a far better platform to progress in the SPFL than we would if we went up this season.

Ok let's forget the money.

I'm cracking up in this league. It's pish. The stadiums are pish. The other teams are pish and we have seen we need to play against better teams to play better football. Our young players could do with playing against better players. That will make them better.

I think the best method for our scouting would be to go for the best players from teams around scotland and england e.g Aberdeen, Motherwell, inverness. We need a scouting System and I would imagine that is among the top things for king to do. It doesn't cost much to start challenging for the title in scotland, if we play it right we should be challenging for the title in no time (If we get promoted this year of course).

Well for the support to come back the squad needs rebuilt and a decent manager needs to come in.

It's not going to come back just because King is in instead of the last board.

We will see if King can invest in the club to allow these things to happen, he has no excuses now.

However if we don't go up then it's going to be a complete distaster, no point trying to dress it up as anything else. It will damage this club badly.

From what I've heard there seems to be alot of fans coming back for the next home game, maybe not a sell-out but I'd imagine 30-35k.

Totally agree on King, just made a post in the boardroom section there's still caution to be had, not rejoicing myself by any means at the minute.

Of course it's a disaster, we are a top division side, the best this country has to offer but we aren't going to go out of business if we don't get promoted. It's not settling for second best, if we get promoted then fantastic, I for one won't be complaining but the likes of King, Park etc will know promotion isn't a dead cert and will have a back-up plan for a non-promotion season (well I should bloody well hope), and we've seen first hand from Hearts and also Hibs I'd say on how to get back up efficiently, while building a team with a stable philosophy.

Will it do as much damage as going up as throwing the chequebook at more overpaid, over the hill, old washed up talent? It's been our way for a long time now, will that trend finish? Although while writing that, you could argue we could just aswell do that if we don't get promoted again, we've done this season already.

I would rather get a new manager in pronto , and make sure we get through these play offs. Then rebuild from next year if we get back into the premiership. Also if we manage this I am willing to be patient give the manager two or three years if whoever it is shows the signs that he is trying to build a team and style , bringing in good quality, sensible signings and mixing them with a good mixture of youth and not just build a QuickStart team of journeymen again . I don't know if we can afford another year down here.

Some guy from Motherwell on radio last week says they have a back up if they got demoted. Said the money difference didn't bear thinking about. Said most of the team would need to leave. Hibs demoted and let their whole team go. People that think it's just a small difference are deluded. There is not one positive to not get promoted

I can assure you all that the OP is a fud in real life as well as here.

We can't afford another season out with the premier league. We'll likely struggle at first but we most certainly won't be in a relegation battle.

Under new management a few of our players could do a turn for us yet, couple that with some great signings and we could very well be competing again.

I can assure you all that the OP is a fud in real life as well as here.

We can't afford another season out with the premier league. We'll likely struggle at first but we most certainly won't be in a relegation battle.

Under new management a few of our players could do a turn for us yet, couple that with some great signings and we could very well be competing again.

Deary me Murray there was no need for that!