Fan Ownersip

TMB

Will we ever have this? Swansea own 25% of their club with the Supporters Trust being the 3rd largest shareholder. Surely the best thing that could come from all this mess is if a large part of the club belonged to the fans. No more cloak and dagger stuff and a permanent representitive on the board wo can voice the wishes and wants of the fans. I know the fans can't afford to buy such a massive stake straight away but perhaps the club could sell a portion of the shares to RST each year.

I have no affiliation with RST whatsoever but they do seem like the only group that could do it.

Given the numbers in RF and RST I would think this is very likely I would say if we can get 25% then that would be fine. I think the groups over the next few years could get his figure and by buying direct from the share market. I would think with the impending changes in the board room then shares will be more available from those who have lost

RF also don`t have any baggage.But I also see the numbers dropping in the near future. People who are boycotting can afford to be in the RF etc but when its time to fork out even more money when we get back up then I have a feeling people will think between ST and RF etc. They may also think job done and they don`t need my money.I hope they reach 25% but I think it is miles off and it will take a long while. But we have the time.

RF also don`t have any baggage.But I also see the numbers dropping in the near future. People who are boycotting can afford to be in the RF etc but when its time to fork out even more money when we get back up then I have a feeling people will think between ST and RF etc. They may also think job done and they don`t need my money.I hope they reach 25% but I think it is miles off and it will take a long while. But we have the time.

I'm really hoping that doesn't happen, we don't have our club back yet King has it.

but i thought king supported the fan groups! or was it just RST?? does he not care about these groups anymore now he's in the door?

i'd like to see fan groups own a significant percentage of the club. maybe if we can claw back the assest from ashley the fans should own them? things like the clubs crest, ibrox, auchenhowie, albion car park etc...

but i thought king supported the fan groups! or was it just RST?? does he not care about these groups anymore now he's in the door?

i'd like to see fan groups own a significant percentage of the club. maybe if we can claw back the assest from ashley the fans should own them? things like the clubs crest, ibrox, auchenhowie, albion car park etc...

King has already stated he wouldn`t take Ibrox off the table. No chance him or probably any owner giving up Ibrox.( although it would be great )

Fan ownership would be a complete and utter disaster. Just look at how many groups there are now and ask yourself how the hell they would all get on running the club. It would end in abject failure.

However fan representation at boardroom level is a real possibility. That said i also have reservations about who would be on it and who they would represent.

Having two major groups like RF and the RST will mean they both want their voices heard. And will also both want their person on the board to put across their points of view.

I still firmly believe that one majority shareholder backed up by other strong minded professionals is the best way to run Rangers. So long as that individual truly has the best wishes of Rangers at heart at all times.

Committees never work.

some clubs benifit , some clubs dont .......

I am currently reading the book "PUNK FOOTBALL".....it is about english clubs who needed the fan to step up to the plate and also about fan ownership.

It does scare me that fan ownership ( as good as it stands) isnt the model rangers need, as the ownership scheme will only take us so far.

with us having average of 44k at every home game....every penny counts as i have read, Exeter city relied heavily on fans after the disaster of the previous owner with debt up to say 10 million, pies, tops, progranms all went into the club ....when they faced a big team in the FA cup regardless of the result they have all ready won as the money generated from TY and gate reciepes went sky high and a good bit of business for exeter.

Swansea up to date is the only fan owned club that has achieved the status all clubs want at the lower level, but it came with a price, tops players need top money, and the swansea set up was so perfect a wrong move in the transfer market or wage rise could of meant " back the drawing board ASAP".

for Rangers am unsure really how it would pan out , as said above we have the fan base that would buy buy and buy......but to challenge celtic and europe will require much needed income and that might have to be a shareholder who holds 20/50 odd shares or an owner of us.

I recommend bears to buy this book and make of it what you will, i got it off amazon and too be fair am not dissapointed with it

Fan ownership would be a complete and utter disaster. Just look at how many groups there are now and ask yourself how the hell they would all get on running the club. It would end in abject failure.

However fan representation at boardroom level is a real possibility. That said i also have reservations about who would be on it and who they would represent.

Having two major groups like RF and the RST will mean they both want their voices heard. And will also both want their person on the board to put across their points of view.

I still firmly believe that one majority shareholder backed up by other strong minded professionals is the best way to run Rangers. So long as that individual truly has the best wishes of Rangers at heart at all times.

Committees never work.

Fans running RFC will absolutely ruin the Club to death.

What a mesS.

Fans running RFC will absolutely ruin the Club to death.

What a mesS.

Fan ownership is a pipe dream just like the Nats and their Independence Utopia.

I shudder when i think of the likes of Dingwall or Graham sitting in the boardroom trying to run Rangers. Then along come mealy mouthed pricks like ABC Gow who would want to surrender every part of our heritage and culture.

Nah not for me. Fan involvement is crucial for Rangers but fan ownership...never in a million years is it right for us.

Will we ever have this? Swansea own 25% of their club with the Supporters Trust being the 3rd largest shareholder. Surely the best thing that could come from all this mess is if a large part of the club belonged to the fans. No more cloak and dagger stuff and a permanent representitive on the board wo can voice the wishes and wants of the fans. I know the fans can't afford to buy such a massive stake straight away but perhaps the club could sell a portion of the shares to RST each year.

I have no affiliation with RST whatsoever but they do seem like the only group that could do it.

You know Rangers First are the largest FO group in Britain and the 10th Largest shareholder in the club.

The RST are also doing very well but they aren't the only group.

GM

You know Rangers First are the largest FO group in Britain and the 10th Largest shareholder in the club.

The RST are also doing very well but they aren't the only group.

GM

I didn't know that. I'd like to see a large chunk of the club being owned by the fans and I'd back any supporters group in that respect. I don't care if it's RF, the RST, or both who buys the shares. Fan representation at boardroom level can only be a good thing in the long run. I know many have no faith in our fan groups but I like to think they're all doing their best to help the club.

What i would like to see is, us (the fans) owning a percentage of the club, and owning Ibrox stadium. I dont think this is impossible.

That way, all this carry on thats happened in the past 3 years will NEVER happen again.

I didn't know that. I'd like to see a large chunk of the club being owned by the fans and I'd back any supporters group in that respect. I don't care if it's RF, the RST, or both who buys the shares. Fan representation at boardroom level can only be a good thing in the long run. I know many have no faith in our fan groups but I like to think they're all doing their best to help the club.

I'm a big advocate of the Rangers First model but I've contributed to the RST and I'm a member there too. As long as the money goes to giving fans a voice and a say I'm happy.

GM

RF should definitely have fan ownership as the end goal. But their decision to buy shares is looking worse and worse.

It would have been much better to have a big pile of cash ready to take over, than to hand it to the very spivs who fucked us to begin with.

We could have owned Ibrox. Instead we'll likely end up with paper.

RF should definitely have fan ownership as the end goal. But their decision to buy shares is looking worse and worse.

It would have been much better to have a big pile of cash ready to take over, than to hand it to the very spivs who fucked us to begin with.

We could have owned Ibrox. Instead we'll likely end up with paper.

Again, I disagree - I really don't see how getting over 2m shares in Rangers is a bad thing.

The shares will be available again - RF have an asset lock and don't sell anything anyways.

I'm very comfortable with RF's decisions so far and I'm proud to be one of 13,000 Membears :)

GM