Mcdowall- 5 Years To Fix Rangers

Murtaugh

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from his interview with STV....With investment I reckon we can challenge in two years? Thoughts?

I think it very much depends whether or not he's up to the job of getting us promoted (that is, unless the new board makes a new appointment in the near future). If we spend another year in the Championship, five years might be about right, if we're talking about challenging for the top title.

I think it very much depends whether or not he's up to the job of getting us promoted (that is, unless the new board makes a new appointment in the near future). If we spend another year in the Championship, five years might be about right, if we're talking about challenging for the top title.

I think if we appointed a new manager this month it would re energise this squad, hard for players to give everything for a manager they know just wants his pay off

It'll take 5 years period.

Any investment made should be put into something that should have been done from the get go.

Investment in Scouting ,youth coaching and developement,coaching players to play the way the Club

should be playing i.e. giving the Club an identity for a style of Football that entertains and murders opponents week in week out.

Spending big money on players,money we obviously could'nt afford,is what got us in this shit in the first place.

I think if we appointed a new manager this month it would re energise this squad, hard for players to give everything for a manager they know just wants his pay off

I totally agree. If we make a new appointment quickly, I'd be very confident of going up. However, if Kenny sticks about until the end of the season, we'll be in this league next season.

Seems some don't quite understand how far we have fallen and what it will take to get back to where we were.

Unless King and his lot invest vast sums of money (Which they won't) then it will be a lot longer than 5 years.

The thing is to separate out the form from the actual standard.

If a new manager came in, shook things up and started getting results, we'd go into the playoffs with some momentum.

Remember that we did beat three top tier teams this season, when we did have a better attitude.

Many players are going, thus clearing up space for the new manager's signings.

You also can't ignore the fact that the top tier has slipped in standard massively.

Dick van Dijk is considered the peak.

I don't underestimate the "slide", but it's not restricted to us, some of it is form-based and standard nationally has slipped a lot too. We have plenty of scope for swift and decisive improvement over the next 6 months.

To be fair, when Ally signed Boyd and Miller, am sure 95% of bears were happy

Was not happy when we signed Boyd, he was lazy when he left us, and was surprised that we signed him. And yes he did have a good season with Kilmarnock, but he has been poor since returning to our club.

The manager will be the critical factor.

A strong manager who can get us winning on a budget.

Who can beat the mhanks despite spending less than them.

What happens on the park will determine revenues which will improve the squad and so it continues.

The days of buying ourselves success have rightfully gone.

Seems some don't quite understand how far we have fallen and what it will take to get back to where we were.

Unless King and his lot invest vast sums of money (Which they won't) then it will be a lot longer than 5 years.

Spot on mate. Anyone who thinks we have a clear path back to the top is wrong, king will not fund a path to being the Rangers we were.

The thing is to separate out the form from the actual standard.

If a new manager came in, shook things up and started getting results, we'd go into the playoffs with some momentum.

Remember that we did beat three top tier teams this season, when we did have a better attitude.

Many players are going, thus clearing up space for the new manager's signings.

You also can't ignore the fact that the top tier has slipped in standard massively.

Dick van Dijk is considered the peak.

I don't underestimate the "slide", but it's not restricted to us, some of it is form-based and standard nationally has slipped a lot too. We have plenty of scope for swift and decisive improvement over the next 6 months.

Yes the majority of players will be going but do you honestly think we are going to throw millions at building a new team next season?

Where is this vast amount of money coming from?

We need a near new starting 11 and while we have beaten a few top league sides we have also been battered by the majority we faced.

Aberdeen are streets ahead of us while Hearts also seem to destroy us every time we meet and they are a lower league side as it stands.

There is no money in Scottish football, people who invest will get little if anything back at this point so I'm sturggling to see why anyone would fund what we require to be 'back' at the top in 5 years.

Maybe it would have been 5 years had McCoist not made a rip roaring cunt of things and got away with it for 3 years.

It's too difficult to say at the moment because King hasn't had a right look at the books. If Ashley has tied up merchandising with SD and one or two other revenue streams then that hampers the quest to build a squad strong enough to compete in all competitions.

He's still in a position to do more damage between now and Friday too.