Brian Dempsey Says Get Off Rangers' Back

Must be something in the air today Lawwell has just come out with this comment

Follow
Peter A Smith
‏@PeterAdamSmith
Lawwell: Celtic has no attachment, historically or now, with Irish Republican identity and those promoting proscribed groups are not welcome

He really doesn't know their history.

Brother Walfrid's right hand man, Pat Welsh, was an "illegal Fenian activist" who was captured by Willie Maley's father, who let him go for promising not to continue with his illegal activities.

Hmm don't agree with the self inflicted bit, wrongfully prosecuted for ebt's which led to a

fraudulent takeover, seems to me Rangers were victims of a HMRC mistake which then allowed

fraudsters to take control of the club. so that's a not guilty on the self inflicted comment

for me.

Mate, the reason we were demoted wasn't to do with the EBT's in the end. Whyte didn't pay the taxes we were due from the date he took over, HMRC called his bluff by calling in the receivers. He tried a broadside by hiring D&P instead, thinking we were getting done for the Big Tax Case, when they it was the small tax case. It derailed from there. This was all self-inflicted.

Of course, we we've been kicked all ver the place ever since!

Anybody else feel dirty after reading that.

nope not really - its the first fair appraisal of what has went on that i have read.

Personally the difference when they were struggling against our own position is stark. I dont remember watching the telly and thinking "I hope those bastards go under" - what they did or didn't do was of no concern to me really - there was mild interest but I never thought for one moment (or really wanted) that Celtic would cease to exist.

I have always found it strange - and still do - that they want us died.

Brian Dempsey seems a thoroughly decent guy. I've heard him say these kinds of things before and I believe he's genuine. He always comes across well.

There's so much hate between Rangers and Celtic now, but he's a wee reminder that everybody on the other side shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

I remember him as a young boy running around the streets with a celtic top on, which to me was like a red rag to a bull,however other than that he was a genuine type of guy.

Mate, the reason we were demoted wasn't to do with the EBT's in the end. Whyte didn't pay the taxes we were due from the date he took over, HMRC called his bluff by calling in the receivers. He tried a broadside by hiring D&P instead, thinking we were getting done for the Big Tax Case, when they it was the small tax case. It derailed from there. This was all self-inflicted.

Of course, we we've been kicked all ver the place ever since!

Yes I know the mechanics of what happened but if the ebt case was not launched against us

Whyte would never have got his hands on us.

Hmm don't agree with the self inflicted bit, wrongfully prosecuted for ebt's which led to a

fraudulent takeover, seems to me Rangers were victims of a HMRC mistake which then allowed

fraudsters to take control of the club. so that's a not guilty on the self inflicted comment

for me.

Agree totally with the post, however, the HMRC witch-hunt conducted against our club was anything but a convenient mistake.

Dempsey: He's always been a decent sort. And it's a shame his history is with them because as Inigo says, he always seems to speak with sense and not the rabid bile spewed by many of that ilk.

At the end of the day, he was shafted by that mob as well.

for me.

I don't think for a moment that HMRC made a "mistake". I will always believe that we were targeted by a group of Celtic supporters at Centre One.

Murray's actions did open the door for HMRC to shaft us, so I suppose that bit was self inflicted

Brian Dempsey seems a thoroughly decent guy. I've heard him say these kinds of things before and I believe he's genuine. He always comes across well.

There's so much hate between Rangers and Celtic now, but he's a wee reminder that everybody on the other side shouldn't be tarred with the same brush.

Mmm well I worked with him for 15 years and spent many hours in his company. Likeable guy, never heard him say a bad word about us but on the other hand he certainly wasn't overly fond of us. Surrounded by taigs and haters of us and from what I heard behind closed doors he liked his party tunes. His father was MP for monklands for many years and anyone who knows the history of monlands council back in the day knows what that means. He's had about 50 companies go under and made his money from getting planning permission for housing in yes you've guessed it in monklands, planning permission passed by labour councillors courted by his father.... Get the picture?

Friendly with Dr Reid and the last time I met him was at the glasgow Hilton when he was having afternoon tea with none other than george galloway.

Spend years trying to get control of c*ltic and when McCann got control he didn't come up with the readies! McCann. And Dempsey despised each other. Spend a fortune of other people's money protecting priests from allegations, especially one from mmilngavie.

One thing I admired about him, a company he had a share in had a box at Ibrox. 3 or 4 times a year he filled it with boys from his factory floor. Didn't have to do it and he did genuinely care about his workers

BJ in the paper sticking up for Rangers? No, he just loves the limelight and will be self promoting as usual.

Mmm well I worked with him for 15 years and spent many hours in his company. Likeable guy, never heard him say a bad word about us but on the other hand he certainly wasn't overly fond of us. Surrounded by taigs and haters of us and from what I heard behind closed doors he liked his party tunes. His father was MP for monklands for many years and anyone who knows the history of monlands council back in the day knows what that means. He's had about 50 companies go under and made his money from getting planning permission for housing in yes you've guessed it in monklands, planning permission passed by labour councillors courted by his father.... Get the picture?

Friendly with Dr Reid and the last time I met him was at the glasgow Hilton when he was having afternoon tea with none other than george galloway.

Spend years trying to get control of c*ltic and when McCann got control he didn't come up with the readies! McCann. And Dempsey despised each other. Spend a fortune of other people's money protecting priests from allegations, especially one from mmilngavie.

One thing I admired about him, a company he had a share in had a box at Ibrox. 3 or 4 times a year he filled it with boys from his factory floor. Didn't have to do it and he did genuinely care about his workers

BJ in the paper sticking up for Rangers? No, he just loves the limelight and will be self promoting as usual.

Interesting read, Al (tu)

Hadn't heard re the party tunes, however, from anyone associating with 'Lord' (pass me the sick bucket) Reid, maybe I shouldn't be overly surprised.

Strip back the layers and it's a taig lying about Rangers

How 1 club can be represented by so many clueless fuckwits is staggering

It's a turd with a ribbon on it

Threads that are titled "Even (insert taigs name here) said it was wrong" either an imposter as OP or naive handwringer

A taig opinion is always going to be bollocks, it's in their DNA

Fuck them when their normal & fuck them when they try "and fail" to come across a decent folks