King: Rangers Need A Coach.not Another Advocaat, Smith Or...

If Norwich don't get promoted I like Alex Neil.

No budget at Hamilton and worked wonders with youngsters. As a player he helped mould Mccarthy and McArthur as the old head/captain in midfield next to them. Knows the Scottish game obviously and has been promoted from div 1 as a manager, then had them in the top 3 for most of the early part of this season.

Speaks well and doesn't seem fazed by his Norwich move. He has seen off Mike Phelan already and is very much his own man.

He's also a local guy in his mid 30s who I'm sure would look at Rangers as a chance to cement his reputation as one of the best up and coming talents about.

They (Norwich) must be looking at automatic promotion and if they manage it he will end up wanted by bigger Premiership teams. We need to move now if we don't want to miss out.

Even if Norwich don't go up this season, he will stay there imo. He'll want a crack at a full season with them I think however, he could be tempted if he's a Bear?

If Norwich don't get promoted I like Alex Neil.

No budget at Hamilton and worked wonders with youngsters. As a player he helped mould Mccarthy and McArthur as the old head/captain in midfield next to them. Knows the Scottish game obviously and has been promoted from div 1 as a manager, then had them in the top 3 for most of the early part of this season.

Speaks well and doesn't seem fazed by his Norwich move. He has seen off Mike Phelan already and is very much his own man.

He's also a local guy in his mid 30s who I'm sure would look at Rangers as a chance to cement his reputation as one of the best up and coming talents about.

They (Norwich) must be looking at automatic promotion and if they manage it he will end up wanted by bigger Premiership teams. We need to move now if we don't want to miss out.

Norwich have way more to offer than what we have just now we have to be realistic as the only thing we can offer is uefa cup or champions league football.

Even if Norwich don't go up this season, he will stay there imo. He'll want a crack at a full season with them I think however, he could be tempted if he's a Bear?

He isn't a bear but he's a smart pro. If one of Scotlands big two come along it would be hard for a guy from Hamilton to say no to coming home. Rebuilding Rangers is surely a massive carrot versus a season in the Championship competing against other clubs spending fortunes to get up.

Well that's a fucking terrible start.

Does someone want to remind King how much we won under Advocaat, Smith & McLeish. 9-in-a-rows, Helicopters Sunday's & Champions League last 16's.

I really do despair that Dave King is considered "good news".

I'd rather a good manager AND a good coaching system. However I take his point as being that coaching and bring through youth is the way forward for Rangers. That's fairly obvious but also a good point that has been sadly missed in the last few years!

Does someone want to remind King how much we won under Advocaat, Smith & McLeish. 9-in-a-rows, Helicopters Sunday's & Champions League last 16's.

Maybe try reading the full article and not just the headline... The reason we had so much success was because we spent money on players that were already established.. We cant do this anymore, he wants to bring in someone that can coach our youngsters, something that the majority of our support has been crying out for for years, yet you seem to think this is a bad thing?

Well Oleg.. Looks like you were correct about reactions :-)

King is right imho. Get in someone that can actually 'coach'.... and implicitly... get in a DOF.

I doubt Walter was a good coach... but he was a great manager. Got the most out of his players. A great equalizer in that sense.

Walter was a great coach. He trained the lads at Dundee Utd under the great Jim McLean and also at Rangers in his earlier years. Walter was absolutely a coach but also a fantastic football manager. He knew how to treat players and how to get the very best out of them.

He isn't a bear but he's a smart pro. If one of Scotlands big two come along it would be hard for a guy from Hamilton to say no to coming home. Rebuilding Rangers is surely a massive carrot versus a season in the Championship competing against other clubs spending fortunes to get up.

Is he a pape?

I think the idea would be a coach with ideas and passions for youth and playing a high tempo pressing / passing game. A DOF with solid knowledge, connections and understanding of the 'wider' responsibilities required of our great club. Hopefully we build European and international scouting networks to find some hidden talent.

Watch the interview FS! :lol:

Not sure if he's supported Celtic as a boy but his association for many years has been with Hamilton. It doesn't matter, he's a pro and we are a great opportunity.

If we're trying to get a manager out of the Championship then I'd rather have Howe. (tu)

Doesn't speak like one or come across as one. He has no chip on his shoulder and is not bitter. I can't see it. Comes across like one of the good guys.

Fair enough bud. I do think he comes across well and is normally gracious after a defeat. He's doing well for himself.

"I think for the re-build of Rangers theres not a squad to manage so we would need more of a coach who can work with young players and develop them in training"

Is this indication that the out of contract players will be released and not replaced with incoming players?

I do like the second part of his quote above.

I hope the out of contracts will be released but I think they will be replaced by younger (cheaper) Bosman signings. The second part of the quote is what we should have been doing in Div 3.

call it what you like - coach, manager, fucking Head potato muncher - it makes no difference as a Muppet could see what job needs done and the role and responsibilities of the job(s) required.

I think the rebuilding job its too big for one man. There are strategic footballing decisions to be made.

I'm all for making the right appointment, but if that person isn't available immediately or we haven't decided, who the fuck takes the team until they are appointed?

We need a change. I'd be all for someone until the end of the season - if they take us up their stock rises and when released they'd walk into another job. If they fail then, hell, it was always on the cards.