Oh dear Borucs been at it again

Celtic keeper Artur Boruc defended by Poland boss over tunnel rampage claims

Jun 16 2008 By Keith Jackson

LEO BEENHAKKER last night leapt to Artur Boruc's defence after the Celtic keeper was accused of going on a rampage after Poland's 1-1 draw with Austria.

Reports in Poland have claimed Boruc left a trail of destruction on his way up the tunnel at Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium last Thursday following the controversial injury-time penalty that looks set to cost the Poles a place in the last eight. It's claimed Boruc kicked everything in his way but Beenhakker said: "The lad had just become a father to a son so before the incident he was still highly emotional.

"He has just left our camp to travel to Warsaw so that he can cuddle his wife and baby. He'll be back on Monday and he'll be ready just like the rest of the team.

"It was pandemonium in the tunnel and inside the stadium after the match.

The former president Lech Walesa was going to run on to the pitch to confront the referee but thankfully his legs aren't so good anymore.

"We also had to hold back the Polish Minister of Sport."

Poland face section winners Croatia tonight in Klagenfurt knowing a win still won't be enough if Germany beat Austria.

Meanwhile, Webb's home address has been published on a Polish website and the official is understood to have requested round-the-clock police protection.

Beenhakker said: "He thinks he's a big man because he gave a penalty in injury time. But the truth is he blundered."

Celtic keeper Artur Boruc defended by Poland boss over tunnel rampage claims

Jun 16 2008 By Keith Jackson

LEO BEENHAKKER last night leapt to Artur Boruc's defence after the Celtic keeper was accused of going on a rampage after Poland's 1-1 draw with Austria.

Reports in Poland have claimed Boruc left a trail of destruction on his way up the tunnel at Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium last Thursday following the controversial injury-time penalty that looks set to cost the Poles a place in the last eight. It's claimed Boruc kicked everything in his way but Beenhakker said: "The lad had just become a father to a son so before the incident he was still highly emotional.

"He has just left our camp to travel to Warsaw so that he can cuddle his wife and baby. He'll be back on Monday and he'll be ready just like the rest of the team.

"It was pandemonium in the tunnel and inside the stadium after the match.

The former president Lech Walesa was going to run on to the pitch to confront the referee but thankfully his legs aren't so good anymore.

"We also had to hold back the Polish Minister of Sport."

Poland face section winners Croatia tonight in Klagenfurt knowing a win still won't be enough if Germany beat Austria.

Meanwhile, Webb's home address has been published on a Polish website and the official is understood to have requested round-the-clock police protection.

Beenhakker said: "He thinks he's a big man because he gave a penalty in injury time. But the truth is he blundered."

What an absolute fanny baws. Guy is an absolute prick.

And as for the emboldened part... Boruc has a wife?! :ohmy: or is that just a coverup to hide his blatent homosexuality?!

It's claimed Boruc kicked everything in his way but Beenhakker said: "The lad had just become a father to a son so before the incident he was still highly emotional.

That justifies his actions? Because every new born father goes on a rampage?

The guy is just a tool.

BBC blog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/euro2008/2008/0...anish_roya.html

Vienna

It may only have been a few days since I made my blogging debut en route from Vienna to Klagenfurt, but it feels like about a month, such is the amount of travelling we've done.

We've covered most of Austria going to football matches, interviewing players and managers, filming the stunning scenery, trying in vain to get my radio satellite dish to work and pleading with editing genius Nick to stop telling his shockingly bad jokes.

All to the soundtrack of "Mercy" by Duffy. It appears that every radio station plays it as soon as we tune in. We're begging them for mercy now - please stop!

I thought you may be interested to know what's involved in getting interviews after games.

First up was Klagenfurt again, this time for Croatia v Germany. The last time we were here we watched Germany play Poland. It was live on BBC1 and, after reporting on potential crowd trouble into half time of the earlier game, my next job was to do the live post-match interviews. This was a bit of an eye-opener.

I work for Radio 5 Live, so interviewing is a regular part of my job, but live television is very different. In radio, you stay in position in the press box on the gantry until the end of the game then head down to the tunnel and wait for a player or manager to come out of the dressing room before speaking to them.

With live television, you speak to the players straight after they've walked off the pitch, usually still dripping with sweat. It meant leaving my seat in the stands 20 minutes before the end of the game so I could take up my position.

There were about six different interviewing areas in the "flash zone" - it's not what you think, it's the area by the tunnel where they do the live interviews - each with a cameraman and reporter from different countries very keen to hear the views of certain players before their respective live programmes finish.

Our producer/match director Séan texted me from the broadcast van outside the stadium to request Michael Ballack as the ideal choice, with an ETA if possible so Gary Lineker would know how much time he had to fill with the studio pundits. I also requested Artur Boruc of Poland/Celtic.

Luckily, Ballack arrived in time for the end of the live programme. I had been given strict instructions by Uefa official Sebastian that the interview must last no longer than 90 seconds, time enough for three questions. Ballack spoke very well so I was a little cheeky and sneeked in a fourth. Afterwards, I tentatively looked round at Sebastian, who stopped his stopwatch and gave me the thumbs-up. "Perfect, thank you," he said. Phew.

At that point, a Polish team official came over, shrugged his shoulders and told me: "Boruc is in the shower. I asked him to come for an interview but he told me to '**** off'." Ah, and there was me unsure of his grasp of English.

Forty-eight hours later, the fun bus headed to Innsbruck for Spain v Russia. The Alps made a stunning backdrop to a fine football match, in spite of the lightning and heavy rain.

Again I only saw around three quarters of the match - and only two of the five goals - as I had to nip off to meet Sebastian downstairs by the flash zone. I had nine minutes between the end of the game and the end of our show in which to try and get some player reaction.

Fabregas poses for photos with Spanish fans

I'd put in a request for Fernando Torres and/or Cesc Fabregas, who'd come on as a sub and scored. But as the seconds and minutes ticked by there was still no sign of any Spanish players....until news filtered through that the Prince of Spain had gone into the dressing room to talk to the players. Argh! Fabregas did eventually (and it seemed reluctantly) appear after his shower to talk, but it was too late for Lineker and co.

So as you adopt your regular formation on the sofa for the next live game and afterwards think "why haven't I heard from the star player?" then bear in mind that they might be in the company of royalty or they may simply have better things to do than talk to the likes of us!

Jacqui Oatley commentates on football for BBC Sport, working on Match of the Day and Radio 5 Live. Please check our FAQs if you have any questions.

The two faced tims have been phoning the papers claiming that it was " a natural emotional reaction." It wasn't such an emotional reaction when our fans went on the rampage in Manchester.

Further more the Poland boss ( and tims ) claim that it was because he just became a father. Yeah, because that's what all dads do.