Even when your team plays poorly

Danny

If you have a strike partnership of Villa and Torres, they can get you not only out of jail, but running for Monarchy.

It's maybe the best double act on earth. Not only are they heavyweight strikers worth easily 50M each now, but they work brilliantly together too.

It's worth its weight in gold - Spain were mediocre at best against Sweden but their 2 strikers with absolutely class finishes pinched them the win.

Spain have an outside chance of winning the whole thing. Yeah, they have a very strong midfield with Silva, Iniesta, Xavi and Senna - but that strike duo is what can elevate them to greatness.

It's a pity we can't have a Netherlands Spain final. That would be special.

If you have a strike partnership of Villa and Torres, they can get you not only out of jail, but running for Monarchy.

It's maybe the best double act on earth. Not only are they heavyweight strikers worth easily 50M each now, but they work brilliantly together too.

It's worth its weight in gold - Spain were mediocre at best against Sweden but their 2 strikers with absolutely class finishes pinched them the win.

Spain have an outside chance of winning the whole thing. Yeah, they have a very strong midfield with Silva, Iniesta, Xavi and Senna - but that strike duo is what can elevate them to greatness.

It could potentially be a very good semi final though (tu)

It's always like that though, the best match of the tournament is not necessairily the final. The best match in my books for the last World Cup was Argentina vs Germany in the 1/4 finals.

It could potentially be a very good semi final though (tu)

But it does mean that one of them bows out earlier than maybe they should. Which is a shame.

But yeah, they will potentially meet in the semis.

It's always like that though, the best match of the tournament is not necessairily the final. The best match in my books for the last World Cup was Argentina vs Germany in the 1/4 finals.

Argentina should have won that world cup. It just didn't happen for them in that quarter.

Argentina should have won that world cup. It just didn't happen for them in that quarter.

They played some unbelievable football in the gorups stages and were a joy to watch. Germany were quite enjoyable as well as they took an attacking approach but I feel they were lucky to go through. Feel Argentina could've got a result against Italy as well but that's the way it goes. For me though Spain and Holland are the red hot favourites at the moment but then again how many times has that been said of both those nations only for them to collapse.

They played some unbelievable football in the gorups stages and were a joy to watch. Germany were quite enjoyable as well as they took an attacking approach but I feel they were lucky to go through. Feel Argentina could've got a result against Italy as well but that's the way it goes. For me though Spain and Holland are the red hot favourites at the moment but then again how many times has that been said of both those nations only for them to collapse.

How often do the favourites actually win the competition though? Italy were hardly favourites at the last world cup, and Greece certainly weren't at euro 2004.