AC Milan

Muff

AC Milan have revealed they have made Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor their sole transfer target and are trying to negotiate a deal with the London club.

As well as Adebayor, 24, who signed a long-term deal in 2007, AC Milan have been linked with Spurs forward Dimitar Berbatov and Chelsea's Didier Drogba.

But AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani told L'Equipe: "If Adebayor doesn't come then nobody will come.

"We are in negotiations but Arsenal are unwilling to sell at the moment."

The Rossoneri are keen to sign a striker following the departure of Alberto Gilardino to Fiorentina and a serious injury to Ronaldo.

And Galliani said at the beginning of June that Drogba, Berbatov, Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez were all on Milan's wish-list along with Adebayor.

But now the Milan vice president has claimed the club will put all their efforts into convincing Arsenal to part with their 24-year-old Togo forward.

"One single player interests us and that is Emmanuel Adebayor," he added.

Arsenal are reluctant to sell their star forward, who last season found the net 30 times in 48 outings, and Adebayor has repeatedly committed his future to Arsenal.

Another sticking point for Milan could be the fact they have failed to qualify for next season's Champions League.

But Galliani was adamant the Italian club will continue to chase Adebayor until they are convinced they can do no more to persuade Arsenal to sell.

Should Adebayor be tempted to move to the Serie A club he will be reunited with French midfielder Matthieu Flamini who left Arsenal for AC Milan in May.

Surely they need more players?

zambrotta, flamini and most likely adebayor. 3 good signings and i think when galliani says adebayor is the "sole" transfer target, i think he is meaning the only striker milan will bring in. a list of 5 has been shortened to 1, as milan have been priced out of moves for the others.

a centre back and goalkeeper MUST be signed(surely they know this?!)! most likely ferrari from roma but lloris has went to lyon (?) and frey is staying at fiorentina so if no keeper is signed abbiti will be at milan next season instead of being loaned out. borriello has been brought back by milan(he isnt good enough imo) aswell.

i wouldnt be surprised though if a striker is all that milan sign between now and the end of the window. :(

oh and milan are after miguel veloso, seen a story about this a day or 2 ago, think milan have also been priced out of a move for him?

It said on skysportsnews today that both AC & Inter have asked Sampdoria about the availability of Cassano.

most likely staying at sampdoria, thats what i read anyway. he seems to have calmed down over the past year and if he did leave would be a decent signing.

zambrotta, flamini and most likely adebayor. 3 good signings and i think when galliani says adebayor is the "sole" transfer target, i think he is meaning the only striker milan will bring in. a list of 5 has been shortened to 1, as milan have been priced out of moves for the others.

a centre back and goalkeeper MUST be signed(surely they know this?!)! most likely ferrari from roma but lloris has went to lyon (?) and frey is staying at fiorentina so if no keeper is signed abbiti will be at milan next season instead of being loaned out. borriello has been brought back by milan(he isnt good enough imo) aswell.

i wouldnt be surprised though if a striker is all that milan sign between now and the end of the window. :(

oh and milan are after miguel veloso, seen a story about this a day or 2 ago, think milan have also been priced out of a move for him?

Good post

but although milan NEED a lot of new players, how many players can a club buy in 1 summer and ensure that they can gel so they can challenge for the league?

also, i am gutted that gourcuff has been loaned out. on one hand he will get games, but as milan go through a period of change(however slight it may be) surely a young, talented attacking midfielder is what you need to build around? pato, kaka and gourcuff is what milan should be looking to build the midfield and attack around.

wenger is a massive admirer of gourcuff. he hasnt had enough games at milan. scored on his champions league debut, but has only scored once or twice since then, but has shown he has the quality to cut it in the milan first team. i hope he isnt forgotten about and has a season at bordeaux which is worthy of him being recalled.

would also love him on loan at rangers (tu) he is just the sort of midfielder we need.

On 31 May 2008 Adriano Galliani revealed Milan would loan Gourcuff to Bordeaux for the 2008/2009 season, to enable him more playing time.

but if he is like many other milan youngsters(which i hope not) then he will be at 3 or 4 different clubs over the next 5 years! :rolleyes:

Ac milan are a spent force.

Juventus, Inter Milan and Roma are the big 3 in Italy

And all 3 are shite.

Which gives some idea of how chronic Milan are.