European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

Delighted that an investigation is to be had. I will reserve judgement on the matter until all the details are confirmed. Whoever had legitimately pursed this deserves great plaudits as all I want is that those corrupt so and so's get the same treatment and scrutiny they imposed on us

i agree, some people clutching at straws here

The EU didn't side with the clubs over Bosman and that was a far far far bigger deal than this as it affected every club in the EU not just 8 clubs as it stands just now, So why won't anything come of this.

The guys that are chasing for the facts deserve a medal.At the moment the Mhanks are light years ahead of us on and off the park.I still believe that John Reid had a hand in our demise and its important that we fight back.They are the ones that keep going on about sporting integrity.Hope something comes of this.KHARMA

Agreed mate but don't discount Brian Wilson.

Please see template below for use

Contact

http://www.audit-sco...t/as/people.php

Template

Dear Sir/Madam

I have recently been made aware of a blog raising questions on several land deals involving Celtic Football Club.

There are a number of questions raised about the value of land sold by public bodies to Celtic FC, ie the sales of London Road Primary School and Westhorn to Celtic by Glasgow City Council, and the sale of Lennox Castle Hospital from the Greater Glasgow Health Board to Celtic.

The blog is here, with a number of references therein

http://footballtaxha....wordpress.com/

One other public body, the Valuation Office Agency was also mentioned in a recent report of one of the transactions

http://www.heraldsco...0-deal.22932938

Given some of the analysis on that blog suggests that the sales may have been under market value, and in one instance may have (conveniently) been below a threshold (£500k) that would require a higher level of authority to approve the sale (Lennox Castle), I would ask that the Audit Office conduct a thorough examination of these transactions.

Please also note that one site today is reporting that the European Commission is investigating these land deals, while the Conservative Government at Westminster is also reportedly seeking answers on the activities of the Co-Operative Bank.

http://www.theranger...ltic-land-deals

Could you please advise what course of action you plan to take with regards to these transactions?

Thanks

Kind Regards

James Baillie

Admin can we sticky this

everyone should be posting an email above, get it on ff, dtb, gersnet every bear with twitter tweet it, retweet it facebook it and shout it.

Everyones had a good kick at us, its about time we kicked back.

BP or gogz can you pls sticky this.

Is this all based on someone presuming the land would be worth a lot of money should there ever be houses built upon it?

No its based on the Co-op having land valued at £5 million as part of a loan security within days of it being sold to Celtic (not sure if it was by GCC or GGC NHS board) for a fraction of the amount. Various other deals seem more than a little dodgy with £1 deals and historic properties being allowed to decay, despite an outcry from many, then acquired by 'them' for peanuts.

It is a great irony that our friendly rivals from across the city were seeking to place great scrutiny on Rangers, when it now appears they were dabbling in all sorts themselves.

I personally am very surprised that they managed to aquire the land specified for what looks to be an extraordinarily cheap price.

Another link which (who) seems to have been overlooked. Was Michael Kelly, former LP, not also a director at the piggery?

The same Michael Kelly who on Scotland tonight demanded we be stripped of our titles immediately and given to Celtic! It was overlooked because on the show that night aswell was that stuttering bumbling fuck mcglone who made a fool of himself with his incoherent rant !

Well done and great work to those who highlighted these matters (PZJ and others on McMurdos blog , D'Artagnan , VB etc)

I would urge every Bear to send emails to the relevant authorities / politicians regarding their cheap loans and land deals.

I would also suggest contacting Radio Clyde, Radio Scotland and the newspapers to express our concerns and keep the pressure on.

These organisations turn my stomach but the media can influence public opinion.

This may come to nothing and everything could be above board (no laughing) but at least we tried.

Just think about the poor Council tax payers in Glasgow, financial doping and....sporting integrity !!

Surely apathy, dignified silence and doing nothing are not options.

They tried to kill our club so never forgive and never forget.

FFS, don't tell FF it was me who put up the template, they'll be accusing you of being Jack Irvine. (tu)

Just want it to spread the message bud, not a fan of ff but this should be reaching the maximum possible audience

Again credit to you and the rest of VB willhelm, you make me proud to be a bluenose

Have a good 2014 :)

Well done and great work to those who highlighted these matters (PZJ and others on McMurdos blog , D'Artagnan , VB etc)

I would urge every Bear to send emails to the relevant authorities / politicians regarding their cheap loans and land deals.

I would also suggest contacting Radio Clyde, Radio Scotland and the newspapers to express our concerns and keep the pressure on.

These organisations turn my stomach but the media can influence public opinion.

This may come to nothing and everything could be above board (no laughing) but at least we tried.

Just think about the poor Council tax payers in Glasgow, financial doping and....sporting integrity !!

Surely apathy, dignified silence and doing nothing are not options.

They tried to kill our club so never forgive and never forget.

Exactly!!!!!

There may be a wee while to go on this story, time wise, but if they do get caught out, does anyone know what punishments they can receive? Any chance of them being booted down to the bottom division for instance?

We can only live in hope. :thumbup:

"Come gather round timmigrants, wherever you roam,

and accept that the waters around you have grown,

and accept that soon you'll be drenched to the bone,

as the battle outside is raging,

It'll shatter your windows and rattle your doors,

For the times they are a changin"

I don't think Mr Zimmerman will object to me changing a word (distasteful as it is) in his little ditty. :7325: