Ched Evans

Gers1690

Well for a start he shouldn't be allowed to work again until he has actually served his full sentence, but personally I think he should still be in jail seeing out his full sentence.

Secondly IMO should not be allowed to come out and return to such a high paid job in the same profession as he was preciously in

And because he has refused to apologise I'd make him live off benefits

If he wins an appeal then obviously its a different matter and I'd accept it unlike some people who refuse to accept that he is guilty despite not knowing all the evidence

But the fact is as it stands he is a rapist

Congratulations on failing to understand how the justice system and sentencing actually works despite having such confidence in it.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of being too drunk, the slightest bit of drunkeness can be deemed too drunk to consent. If someone is deemed in too much of an unfit state to drive there would be sufficient evidence of 'drunkeness' to prosecute. As far as I'm aware, that's the letter of the law.

Most defendants when pleading not guilty in a rape case will say the victim gave consent. No idea why you used that argument.

For argument sake he was guilty?! He is guilty until proven otherwise. He has not served his punishment. He's served just over 2 years of a 5 year sentence. He's on license.

Moreover, given Ched Evans is a sex offender it's impossible for him to continue as a footballer due to the terms of his license; he'd be in proximity of people under the age of 18.

What I was trying to say, is that he could have stated he didn't have sex with her at all... there is no evidence at all to suggest he actually did, other than his word for it. Why is his word good enough when it comes to sleeping with her; but his word is not good enough that she consented. If he was going to lie, he'd lie and state he didn't have sex with her; not lie and say he did sleep with her but she consented.

Congratulations on failing to understand how the justice system and sentencing actually works despite having such confidence in it.

I said those are the punishments Imo that would have been proper, I didn't say they are punishments that could be dished out

I said those are the punishments Imo that would have been proper, I didn't say they are punishments that could be dished out

Couple of questions:

a) Do you believe anyone should be released from prison early?

The law has been used to the letter in order to convict him, it's only fair that it be used when looking at his employment - he has a legal right to it - which leads to my second question:

b) Is your problem with him returning to football one of monetary concern?

He will be a burden on the taxpayer if he lives off benefits, if he is working (and earning a lot) he will be contributing to society via his taxes, of which charities like Rape Crisis or Women's Aid will benefit, is there no good in that?

What I was trying to say, is that he could have stated he didn't have sex with her at all... there is no evidence at all to suggest he actually did, other than his word for it. Why is his word good enough when it comes to sleeping with her; but his word is not good enough that she consented. If he was going to lie, he'd lie and state he didn't have sex with her; not lie and say he did sleep with her but she consented.

Good point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...