Gaz52

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a pretty big player for the u21's and they have the Euro's coming up. So I doubt it'll be until after then.

No real point in bringing him into the squad until after that.

Slightly off topic however, who does everyone think Roy will pick for his next squad? Normally they pick 4 strikers with Rooney and Wellbeck probably certs if fit. Who do you think the other 2 would be? Kane, Berahino, Austin, Crouch then you have Walcott coming back from injury too, and if Defoe hits some form early at Sunderland? I think i'd go with Kane and Berahino, with Austin being unlucky.

Slightly off topic however, who does everyone think Roy will pick for his next squad? Normally they pick 4 strikers with Rooney and Wellbeck probably certs if fit. Who do you think the other 2 would be? Kane, Berahino, Austin, Crouch then you have Walcott coming back from injury too, and if Defoe hits some form early at Sunderland? I think i'd go with Kane and Berahino, with Austin being unlucky.

I'll say Austin and Carroll.

If form keeps up.

I'll say Austin and Carroll.

If form keeps up.

Ha! I watched the West Ham game and totally forgot about Carroll! Yeah I'll changed to Carroll & Kane. They may not have as much quality as they used to IMO but they have a more interesting and pretty wide variety of striker available these days...

Ha! I watched the West Ham game and totally forgot about Carroll! Yeah I'll changed to Carroll & Kane. They may not have as much quality as they used to IMO but they have a more interesting and pretty wide variety of striker available these days...

They aren't World Class, but it's been a great Season for English strikers so far. You still have Ings who is relatively young too.

Kane will probably be the best. Out of the three young ones coming through, Ings, Kane & Berahino, in my opinion. Berahino seems to have a few attitude problems. While Kane's ability to find the bottom corner from anywhere around the 18 yard box is unbelievable.

They aren't World Class, but it's been a great Season for English strikers so far. You still have Ings who is relatively young too.

Kane will probably be the best. Out of the three young ones coming through, Ings, Kane & Berahino, in my opinion. Berahino seems to have a few attitude problems. While Kane's ability to find the bottom corner from anywhere around the 18 yard box is unbelievable.

I'll probably get slagged for this but he's a little bit like the English Sanchez if you get what I mean. Not as good of course but he shows lots of endeavour, energy and work ethic, never stops running, is good on the ball with a deceptive turn of pace and a little bit of skill. Seems to have a great attitude as well.

I'll probably get slagged for this but he's a little bit like the English Sanchez if you get what I mean. Not as good of course but he shows lots of endeavour, energy and work ethic, never stops running, is good on the ball with a deceptive turn of pace and a little bit of skill. Seems to have a great attitude as well.

Eh :pipe:

He's a good player, but I wouldn't rush to compare him to Sanchez just yet.

Eh :pipe:

He's a good player, but I wouldn't rush to compare him to Sanchez just yet.

I'm not comparing like for like and obviously he's not as good as Sanchez but I think they have a similar style. Kane is also a little younger with less experience and has much more to learn. My point is just that I believe a lot of their game revolves around hard work and having the right attitude. I don't think Sanchez is as technically good as Hazard for example but he's still a pretty damn fantastic player aided by his all round play. :)

Kane looks fantastic but they shouldn't call up him for England yet and I'd say the same about Berhanio, Ings and Austin too.

England are terrible for handing out call ups and caps to players who are going through purple patches. They'll play once or twice and then never be seen again and thats something I think they need to try and stop.

I'm not comparing like for like and obviously he's not as good as Sanchez but I think they have a similar style. Kane is also a little younger with less experience and has much more to learn. My point is just that I believe a lot of their game revolves around hard work and having the right attitude. I don't think Sanchez is as technically good as Hazard for example but he's still a pretty damn fantastic player aided by his all round play. :)

The Sanchez and Hazard debate is a good one. Hazard is just so good at dribbling, as is Sanchez, but his ability to keep the ball so close to his feet and run freely is fantastic. But I'd say Sanchez is more clinical in front of goal and is better defensively.

I think Jose wants to turn Hazard into a Sanchez type player, as he does with all his attacking players, but I think Hazard should be the exception to that rule. I'd let him reserve his energy for attacking and focus on going forward.

Right now I'd take Sanchez over Hazard.

Kane looks fantastic but they shouldn't call up him for England yet and I'd say the same about Berhanio, Ings and Austin too.

England are terrible for handing out call ups and caps to players who are going through purple patches. They'll play once or twice and then never be seen again and thats something I think they need to try and stop.

Who was it that in the press lately saying something similar?

Micah Richards!

Did you post the article? :lol:

The Sanchez and Hazard debate is a good one. Hazard is just so good at dribbling, as is Sanchez, but his ability to keep the ball so close to his feet and run freely is fantastic. But I'd say Sanchez is more clinical in front of goal and is better defensively.

I think Jose wants to turn Hazard into a Sanchez type player, as he does with all his attacking players, but I think Hazard should be the exception to that rule. I'd let him reserve his energy for attacking and focus on going forward.

Right now I'd take Sanchez over Hazard.

I agree with the Sanchez's finishing and I think that's why I also see similarities with Kane insofar as Kane's finishing seems to be so accurate like Sanchez. I think Sanchez and Hazard is a great debate. I think Sanchez, due to his style is more consistent now that he's found his feet however as a football fan I just love seeing Hazard running at players. His feet, as you say are an absolute joy to watch.