The Truth.

blueeyes

Who can actually be objective enough to explain in summary the truth about our position?

I am someone who has literally almost given up trying to follow what the hell is going on, or has gone on and I don't know what to believe.

Naturally the tims are milking the whole situation, but what annoys me more than anything are their allegations of how we cheated and stole our success in the 90s by living beyond our means etc.

So did we cheat in any way?I know the tax case went in our favour, but we still left a lot of unpaid bills etc, so what is the truth?Can we look in the mirror and say, "no we did not cheat our way to titles, we subsequently got in financial difficulty, but not through illegal or unfair means"

What is the truth?I genuinely do not know..

You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth!

Oh, for a few good Rangers men.

You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth!

Oh, for a few good Rangers men.

I am a good Rangers man.

Like i said earlier, I'm a fair weather fan these days but it's still within me and I am looking forward to the end of this horrible period in our history.I can see light at the end of the tunnel and it has piqued my interest.again..

I am a good Rangers man.

Like i said earlier, I'm a fair weather fan these days but it's still within me and I am looking forward to the end of this horrible period in our history.I can see light at the end of the tunnel and it has piqued my interest.again..

Who the fuck admits to being a fair weather fan? :lol:

Who the fuck admits to being a fair weather fan? :lol:

Eh, an honest person?

What i mean is i dont go to the games anymore, and had sort of buried my head in the sand as to the goings on over the last few years, but i am looking forward now, and looking forward to getting to watch the team again.

This.

The OP is either at it and being really rather pathetic or hasn't been paying proper attention.

Rangers were raising more than enough revenue for any spending right through the nineties - before SKY began paying astronomical amounts we were always potentially the richest club around. We were perpetually in the black throughout the 90s until at least the Advocaat era. After that we began to spend outwith our means with multi-million pound transfer fees and higher wages than ever, enabled by bank loans acquired by Murray from the likes of the BOS, but particularly after the share issue in 2004 the debt was always manageable to a club of our stature with the revenue we were capable of generating.

The 90s were never ever in question - Celtic fans just like to bring it up because they were fucking woeful during that decade and therefore want to cast aspersions wherever they can to fuel their little conspiracies about getting fucked over when they can't win - probably because being second best and feeling inferior is a brute fact of their existence.

Any proper Rangers fans should surely know this. They should also know that the EBTs were always only a matter of tax avoidance schemes incorrectly implemented - i.e. a matter of administration, a fucking technicality. It turns out that outwith a small number of cases, we didn't actually do anything wrong, and where we did, it was administrative error rather than deliberate intention.

As others have said - you want to look for genuine tax cheats in Glasgow, look eastwards.

i'd say about 1 in 5 Rangers fans knows everything you have quoted.Not everyone has followed the off field carry-on over the last few years.

Anyway, thanks for trying to explain it a bit.

• 3 months later...

Jimmy saville he's one of your own

Is that it? Is that the sum total of your contribution? How long were you up thinking that one up?

Get a life.Only a very sad little person would stoop so low as to dig into a wretch like Saville's history to use his religion as a means to have a go at someone.

I hope you have some real friends in the outside world mate, although with 60000 posts it seems highly unlikely..

Is that it? Is that the sum total of your contribution? How long were you up thinking that one up?

Get a life.Only a very sad little person would stoop so low as to dig into a wretch like Saville's history to use his religion as a means to have a go at someone.

I hope you have some real friends in the outside world mate, although with 60000 posts it seems highly unlikely..

His religion ya fucking mess? He hung around at your club with your "I knew but said fuck all" manager and chairman.

A shower of utterly honking bastards. Steeped in paedophilia, raping young kids in the name of IRA fc.

Nobody mentioned his religion but then again it was no surprise to see saville was indeed a catholic and like their many many priests he seemed to find kids sexy.

A vile club steeped in republicanism, a weird fasvination of the waen killers at the ira and a love for the cult who when kids are abused instead of prosecuting move their preiests throughout the world.

If that makes most Rangers fans "bigots" I'm sure we will all be happy to be labelled that way.

So in summary.

Jimmy saville is indeed one of your own

The Bears are having a party, the tims are shagging weans!!!!!