Man Utd Sent This Text To Their St Holders..

Gaz52

I'm sure something like that was doing the rounds last year, I'm sure it was the man city game you were suspended from, that's no way to treat supporters, you can't make a game for genuine reasons so you could miss out on a title decider unless you purchase a ticket??

And we thought our ticket office was a shambles.

A United spokesperson pointed out that the system had been in place for a number of years and said: “We did notify fans that failure to pay for a game in the cup scheme would mean a suspension from the next game. We have consistently done this throughout this season.

“The terms and conditions are clear: ‘In respect of each home cup match for which the ticket holder fails to provide valid payment card details or for which the ticket holder’s card or payment is declined, the ticket holder’s season ticket may be suspended for one home league match. This measure was introduced [two seasons ago].

“If we successfully sell the ticket the fan has failed to pay for, they can apply for a refund of the Sunderland ticket at the end of the season.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/28/manchester-united-fans-cambridge-ticket-sunderland

That's pathetic :lol:

I'm sure something like that was doing the rounds last year, I'm sure it was the man city game you were suspended from, that's no way to treat supporters, you can't make a game for genuine reasons so you could miss out on a title decider unless you purchase a ticket??

And we thought our ticket office was a shambles.

I bet they wish they stayed away from the City game anyway, they ended up getting pumped 3-0 IIRC

I must be the only one who doesn't see this as a bad idea.

Look at the attendences at our cup games. Doing something like this would help us get bigger attendences. For example, they could have made it to get a ticket for the semi-final, you have to buy a Raith Rovers Scottish Cup ticket.

Look at the attendences at our cup games. Doing something like this would help us get bigger attendences. For example, they could have made it to get a ticket for the semi-final, you have to buy a Raith Rovers Scottish Cup ticket.

The last thing we need is a reason to not turn up to our games :pipe:

There was a ticket for the Raith game in my basket when I bought my semi final ticket. Probably hoping people wouldnt notice and buy it anyway

The last thing we need is a reason to not turn up to our games :pipe:

I get your point but I don't mean do it in the same way.

What I'm saying is, do it when we have a big game with high demand for tickets such as Celtic or a cup semi-final or final. Let's just say for talking sake, the semi final at the weekend. Instead of making it just a season ticket to buy a ticket, make it so that you have to buy a Raith ticket aswell.

I agree that suspending season tickets for a game is a bad idea, but something like I mentioned above would help our attendences in the cup games, IMO.

If MU want to operate in that way that is up to them, however they've left themselves open to a accusation of double standards as they tend to field a weakened side in the cup games. If they demand you have to buy a ticket or get suspended then they should also refund a percentage of the season ticket cost for every game where they play a weakened side. Basically their taking their fans for mugs.

I must admit I find the English a strange lot when it comes to qualifying for the Europa League, they make such a hoo-ha about European qualification and then treat the tournament like an unnecessary burden when they have to play in it by fielding weakened sides.