Andy Murray-Greastest Scottish Sportsman?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont hold it against anybody if they voted yes or no. Its done.

Murray couldn't even vote because he lives in Surrey, he kept insisting he wouldn't publicly take any side and I totally respected that only for him to use twitter at the 11th hour because it looked like Yes were going to win. All he had to do was say nothing.

So rightly or wrongly I now find watching him represent Great Britain hard to stomach.

Murray couldn't even vote because he lives in Surrey, he kept insisting he wouldn't publicly take any side and I totally respected that only for him to use twitter at the 11th hour because it looked like Yes were going to win. All he had to do was say nothing.

So rightly or wrongly I now find watching him represent Great Britain hard to stomach.

Bit harsh imho mate

I love watching him. We wont see his like again in the tennis world for a long time - maybe not ever - and I intend to savour every moment.

I love the fact he won a slam at the home of the all england club. Love it.

Bit harsh imho mate

I love watching him. We wont see his like again in the tennis world for a long time - maybe not ever - and I intend to savour every moment.

I love the fact he won a slam at the home of the all england club. Love it.

All that's true and I loved all those moments myself, but that changed my personal feelings towards him and it's not so easy to shrug them off. It's not as if I was expecting him to support my side in the debate, just maintain a neutral silence like he said he would while having his own private views.

Will be interesting to see if the Wimbledon crowd is any less enthusiastic this year, most likely not though.

All that's true and I loved all those moments myself, but that changed my personal feelings towards him and it's not so easy to shrug them off. It's not as if I was expecting him to support my side in the debate, just maintain a neutral silence like he said he would while having his own private views.

Will be interesting to see if the Wimbledon crowd is any less enthusiastic this year, most likely not though.

I'm sure the media will bring it all up in the run up. If the English crowd are against him that's their prerogative I suppose, though the yes vote was pro-scottish rather than anti-english.

It's got to be him or Chris Hoy. If he was playing in any era of tennis Murray would have 5 or 6 Grand Slams to his name right now.

I have had this argument with my mate from Wimbledon 2012, he claimed that McEnroe and Becker claimed he would of won 6 or 7 slams in another era.

I disagree to the extent possibly the only other era you could compare him in would be the Sampras and agassi era, I'm not convinced he would of racked up say 6 slams in that era either.