Chesney "Much Admired" In England

Guest johngers

Guest johngers
08/08/2008 13:27

Strachan Much Admired In England - Hughes

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has hailed his former Manchester United team-mate Gordon Strachan’s managerial acumen and claimed that the Celtic boss is in demand south of the border.

»Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom Hughes has been impressed with Strachan’s achievements as a manager, which include three consecutive SPL titles and relative success in the Champions League.

And the Manchester City boss believes his former Old Trafford team-mate will always be a top target for leading English sides.

“Gordon has a great reputation across the border and rightly so,” Hughes told the Daily Express.

“That’s not just because of the success he’s had here, but also through the success he has had at other clubs in his career.

“Gordon is a proven football manager and knows what it takes to win football matches, so he will always be a manager that clubs covet.

“It is no surprise to me what Gordon has achieved with Celtic.

“He’s a football man and loves the game. He relishes the cut and thrust of high profile matches and he has that here [at Parkhead].

“It didn’t surprise me when he moved into management but I probably surprised him.”

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=810210

What a crock of shit.

Celtic fans don't like him and if any manager down south rates him like Hughes does coz of his achievements up here then they are lying. When else do Premiership managers rate the SPL? Bullshitters.