Gunners after Giovinco

Arsenal are ready to test Juventus' resolve over starlet Sebastian Giovinco, according to reports in Italy.

Giovinco, currently with Italy's Olympic squad in Bejing, is one of the lowest earners in Juve's first-team squad and he is looking for fresh terms.

The 21-year-old spent last season on loan at Empoli, but is being tipped to make a big impact in Turin this season.

However, despite having three years left on his current deal, the player's agent is demanding new terms.

"Our requests are purely linked to the objective value of the player," explained agent Claudio Pasqualin in Tuttosport.

"It should be underlined that he loves Juventus and would have no doubts in naming them as his dream team for the present and the future.

"I always remind him how grateful he should be that destiny saw him grow up in the Juve youth system. The club should keep a tight grip on him."

Arsenal have become aware of Giovinco's situation and Italian sources claim they are readying a €7.5million (£5.8million) bid for the player who showed his ability with a stunning strike in Italy's opening Olympic win over Honduras.

Juve involvement

Bianconeri boss Claudio Ranieri admitted he was ready to bring Giovinco into the fold this term.

The message may not be filtering through to the money men in Turin quite yet, but it has reached the tactician.

"He is a player who gives his best in the final third," said Ranieri.

"But at Empoli I saw he was also used with success as a wide left midfielder. When he returns we will discuss it and see what he can do.

"I think he could easily be the alternative to Pavel Nedved, albeit with different responsibilities and characteristics."