Mark Hughes to quit?

Danny

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes has dismissed reports he is set to quit Eastlands less than three months after replacing Sven-Goran Eriksson.

With owner Thaksin Shinawatra's future unclear, it had been suggested Hughes was considering leaving due to concern over his control over transfers.

Hughes told City's official website: "There's been a lot of rumours flying around but I am not going anywhere.

"There is a job to do here and I am looking forward to it."

A warrant for Thakisin's arrest has been issued in Thailand after he and his wife skipped a court hearing in Bangkok, although City's executive chairman Garry Cook has insisted the former Thai premier remains committed to his "10-year vision" for the club.

Thaksin is seeking refuge in the UK, after he and his wife fled to Britain on Sunday after watching the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in Beijing.

He denies all charges of corruption and abuse of power against him.

Hughes added: "There is speculation around the club and that has been prevalent since I joined the club.

"From my own point of view I am very focused on what I am about and what I aim to achieve here and that means success on the pitch.

"Nothing whatsoever has changed in that respect and the football operation hasn't changed since I signed for the club.

"Nor has my relationship with Garry Cook and his team. We get on really well and continue to speak on a daily basis.

"I am the guy that makes the decisions in relation to the football, and they make the decisions in relation to the running of the club."

That would be ridiculous if he quits.