Feel sorry for Fraser Aird

He broke through in division 3, start of last season he was dropped and Peralta was given his place until early november, ally finally seen peralta sucked at right mid so brought Aird in and he shone again for the rest of the season

Start of this season and Aird is dropped again, only this time to accomodate a fucking abysmal formation so Ally can keep his pals in the starting line up again

I really do hope this was a one off for Aird and he's back in the line up for this weekend, the wee man might be a helluva rough about the edges, but he puts in a shift more than black and law combined, never afraid to try try and try again, always wants the ball and willing to track back all the time

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He broke through in division 3, start of last season he was dropped and Peralta was given his place until early november, ally finally seen peralta sucked at right mid so brought Aird in and he shone again for the rest of the season

Start of this season and Aird is dropped again, only this time to accomodate a fucking abysmal formation so Ally can keep his pals in the starting line up again

I really do hope this was a one off for Aird and he's back in the line up for this weekend, the wee man might be a helluva rough about the edges, but he puts in a shift more than black and law combined, never afraid to try try and try again, always wants the ball and willing to track back all the time

Agreed, he doesn't have the natural talent of Temps but his effort and workrate are far above anyone else in our team.

I dare say if others (Black, Law I'm looking at you) put as much effort in as Aird does, we'd play a fucking damn sight better.

He is my starting right mid all day long. MacLeod in the middle, aird right hand side and Templeton left. The other central position.... Well take your pick from a bad bunch. We need someone who can sit back and hold. Black is not the answer, he is absolutely rotten

He is my starting right mid all day long. MacLeod in the middle, aird right hand side and Templeton left. The other central position.... Well take your pick from a bad bunch. We need someone who can sit back and hold. Black is not the answer, he is absolutely rotten

Kyle Hutton by a country mile, ive always been impressed with how hutton just sits and breaks up midfield runners, and he takes the ball from the centre halves and simply gives it to a more creative player, no ego, nothing flash and fancy, just the job he's supposed to do

A poor man's Brahim Hemdani, but we arent exactly playing the best of the best

I've always liked Aird, he's very rough around the edges but someone I'd have in there more often than not.

Would like him and Templeton to start on the wings on Sunday, scare the living daylights out of Hearts.

Kyle Hutton by a country mile, ive always been impressed with how hutton just sits and breaks up midfield runners, and he takes the ball from the centre halves and simply gives it to a more creative player, no ego, nothing flash and fancy, just the job he's supposed to do

I agree with this. Hutton instead of Black all day long.

Agreed - I do think he deserves another good run this season. Every time he tries and fails at beating a man he'll be learning so let him have at it and see if we can save a million quid on a new player in a couple of years time.

Also excited about McLeod, and would love to see Gallagher get a fair chance to prove himself this season.

I actually happen to agree I think Hutton looks to be comfortable on the ball and naturally good at playing a simple pass. We can only look on and dream, can you imagine ally playing that midfield 4? Laughable management in the sense that he has his undroppable favourites

I can't stand Aird.

Runs about like a headless chicken most of the time.

On the few occasions when he actually beats a man the cross is invariably awful.

Agree he is a bit Rough but he is improving and has blistering pace which can hurt Teams.

Crossing is a bit dodgy but he is creative.

IMO.

Luck favours the Brave.

I noticed last season he was tracking back to support the RB.So he is improving .

Regardless of who the better player is on their day (Black or Hutton), Black needs a serious reality check. He's had it too easy for way too long and needs dropped for 10 games, no questions. Tempted to say the same about Law but think he might chip in a few goals this season so will reserve judgement.

I actually happen to agree I think Hutton looks to be comfortable on the ball and naturally good at playing a simple pass. We can only look on and dream, can you imagine ally playing that midfield 4? Laughable management in the sense that he has his undroppable favourites

I'd take Hutton over Black any Day.

Breaks up Play very well and is stronger.

Our midfield lacks pace and is lazy enough with Law in it without adding Hutton.

But hutton isnt there to both play behind the strikers and then track back 60 yards

Hutton's game is to sit 10-15 yards in front of the back 4, break up the midfield runners, and take the ball from the centre halves and open the play up

Regardless of who the better player is on their day (Black or Hutton), Black needs a serious reality check. He's had it too easy for way too long and needs dropped for 10 games, no questions. Tempted to say the same about Law but think he might chip in a few goals this season so will reserve judgement.

Law's few goals wont cover his lack of workrate, we arent solid enough at the back for centre mids to go missing when defending

Law is barely ever goal side, not good enough imo

Maybe he's too tired from his two holidays he's had before the summer i dont know, but id sell him tbh nevermind dropping him

Law's few goals wont cover his lack of workrate, we arent solid enough at the back for centre mids to go missing when defending

Law is barely ever goal side, not good enough imo

Maybe he's too tired from his two holidays he's had before the summer i dont know, but id sell him tbh nevermind dropping him

Fair points, he's been M.I.A. for best part of a year and it's been infuriating to watch. If he can recapture the form he started with and scores double figures again I'll be happy, but if he spends another two or three games hiding I'll be saying the same as you.

I've always liked Aird, he's very rough around the edges but someone I'd have in there more often than not.

Would like him and Templeton to start on the wings on Sunday, scare the living daylights out of Hearts.

I would like to see that too and when Moshni is back, give him a shot at RB, He's got the height for it