May be stuck with McCoist however ........

BigBearButt

In my opinion McCoist and his team must move on for Rangers to progress.

They have been there for over three years (more if you count walters time) and we have had no improvement from them. No form of play style has been implemented and even doing the very basics looks beyond this team at times. For a group of players which for the large part are unquestionably experienced SPL players this is quite frankly inexcusable.

What is it we do in training?

All the pictures I see is strictly running work yet we still look one of the most unfit teams in the league. We need to follow Hearts example and cut players free time. Implement double training sessions. One half fitness work and second half training with a ball.

For a so called fulltime professional side our work on the ball is horrendous. Cant string passes together, delivery of dead balls is atrocious and general movement off the ball just doesn’t happen. The worst thing is our players look like they lack confidence when in possession, we have lost the swagger of old and other teams sense this. Hibs knew if they let us have possession we would run out of ideas.

The only way to change this is the removal of not just McCoist but the whole coaching staff setup.

Since its apparent that McCoist is willing to blame anything and everyone bar himself I see little hope in him realising he is in above his head and doing the right thing by walking away. I have also seen people stating £1.6 million to sack McCoist ( no idea if this is accurate) which in our current situation is obviously unaffordable.

If the board was sensible they would look at doing what Chuck Green tried to do, i.e. look to sack his buddies: aka Durrant and McDowell and if McCoist didn’t walk after that they could then issue him his notice. They could then approach someone on a vastly smaller salary to take up the position as first team coach and look to phase out McCoists input into the team.

I do have a sneaky suspicion that due to the deferral of half of his salary McCoist is untouchable, despite his oafish management skills McCoist isn’t daft and will have had certain things inserted into his amended contract………. his coaching staff however should be fair game.

Thoughts?

We have generally got worse every season when we should be improving with a young team.

Results like last night would be accepted if it was the boys that have been papped out on loan, rather than the over over inflated egos we have now.

Thats the thing I dont think we have as bad a squad as it looks. With proper balance i.e. players playing in the correct places and with a structured approach we are by far the strongest team in the league. Until coaching is addressed we will fall short.

He should be put on gardening leave immediately.

He won't be though as our board are also hellbent on destroying the club by the looks of it.

Again though, I have no idea where folk are getting the idea he has deferred half his salary. He hasn't, he has cut his salary in half, why do people use this as a negative against him?

He should be put on gardening leave immediately.

He won't be though as our board are also hellbent on destroying the club by the looks of it.

Again though, I have no idea where folk are getting the idea he has deferred half his salary. He hasn't, he has cut his salary in half, why do people use this as a negative against him?

I am unsure regarding his salary to be honest however I had read he will get the money at a later date. The problem is he had no qualms about recieving the full 800k whilst playing in the third division. He should be ashamed of himself purely on that basis.

I am unsure regarding his salary to be honest however I had read he will get the money at a later date. The problem is he had no qualms about recieving the full 800k whilst playing in the third division. He should be ashamed of himself purely on that basis.

I think people are getting confised with the idea of deferred income with the fact that it is reported his salary goes back up to the previous level when we hit the top division. This is not a deferral but a wage cut. He is still paid far too much though.

I think personally that he should have left when we hit the 3rd division. So should all of the big earners. We cant however slate individuals for not honouring their contracts whilst blasting other for having their contracts honoured. It is hypocritical.

My feelings are that we should have started a fresh when we had the chance. youth players and a couple of experienced pros to see us through the bottom two divisions, keep it cheap for two years, then invest a little for quaility for our push in the championship. That chance is gone forever now though, never to be had again. All thanks to a useless manager and a succession of boards who are even worse!

I think people are getting confised with the idea of deferred income with the fact that it is reported his salary goes back up to the previous level when we hit the top division. This is not a deferral but a wage cut. He is still paid far too much though.

I think personally that he should have left when we hit the 3rd division. So should all of the big earners. We cant however slate individuals for not honouring their contracts whilst blasting other for having their contracts honoured. It is hypocritical.

My feelings are that we should have started a fresh when we had the chance. youth players and a couple of experienced pros to see us through the bottom two divisions, keep it cheap for two years, then invest a little for quaility for our push in the championship. That chance is gone forever now though, never to be had again. All thanks to a useless manager and a succession of boards who are even worse!

So when does Allys contract end??? We seem to have given him a contract for 50 years at present as no one seems to have the correct answer.

So when does Allys contract end??? We seem to have given him a contract for 50 years at present as no one seems to have the correct answer.

It is a rolling 1 year contract. We can tell him at any point that his contract will expire in 1 year, or pay him off a years salary.

If the board had any sense, their first action when they took over would have been to tell Ally that he had 1 year left. If they had, his contract would expire in about a week, and we would not have needed to pay a penny in compensation.

It ends 12 months from when we give him notice. So if we don't give notice tomorrow he still has a full 12 months to run.

The amount he is on, deferred/ wage cut etc, is not quite so clear cut.

Nor is whether he would be placed on gardening leave or could be instructed to work for his money.

Give him his notice as manager. "Promote" him to a new honorary position outwith direct football contact. Try to do it in the right way and see if we can do it in the right way. He has buckled under what, to be fair, has been immense pressure. It's time for something new and it just need the board to put us all, including McCoist out of our misery.

Even if we do claw this back and get promotion, we are screwed next season without vast improvements.

It ends 12 months from when we give him notice. So if we don't give notice tomorrow he still has a full 12 months to run.

The amount he is on, deferred/ wage cut etc, is not quite so clear cut.

Nor is whether he would be placed on gardening leave or could be instructed to work for his money.

You can't really get him to do a job other than the one he is hired for unless he agreed to do it. Even then would be an easy case for constructive dismissal.

You sack McCoist, you put 10k on the next home gate.

I'm sure the brainy buggers on here can tell us how much more income that is to the club, and how quick we could pay him off.

I very much doubt that sacking mccoist would see the attendance instantly jump up to the 40k mark.

Its gonna take more than just this to win the fans back, and it will take time. There will be no quick fix, even if King does take over.

I very much doubt that sacking mccoist would see the attendance instantly jump up to the 40k mark.

Its gonna take more than just this to win the fans back, and it will take time. There will be no quick fix, even if King does take over.

Don't be so sure mate, new manager the football will improve (well it can't get any worse) the fans will come back.

You keep McCoist the attendances are only going to go one way, won't be long until we can all say we were at the game with only 8k inside Ibrox again.

Most of us on here wanted us to start afresh with some youth but no Ally had to buy some utter dross.

Kyle.Sandaza,Cribari just some of them.

Parelta, and now Mhosni and there's others along with his lack of youth coaching we knew in our heads this would end like this.