Can you think of a less animated manager?

OlegKuznetsov

Any time I looked to the dugout last night, he just seemed to be standing there, with the old "Oh shit! It's happening again." body language.

Never really saw him urge the players on or give them advice.

There certainly never really appears to be any tactical instruction coming from him either.

I really can't think of a manager that looks less involved.

Post match he said that the defending was shocking, without specifying the errors and he seems to offer nothing.

At one point, I thought that moss was growing over his shoes.

Standing arms folded for the near entire game.

Not shouting or shwoing emotion as the goals went in...

Gutless

When I watch the away games and we lose a goal then they cut to Ally, I think the digibox has crashed, till they cut back to anyone else in the stadium.

He seemed to have more fight about him as an assistant.

He's shrunk as a man in that blazer, despite his weight.

I sit right opposite the dugouts in the SJ stand and its been noticeable to me over the last 2 and a bit seasons that when things are not going well on the park he does not seem to me to attempt any direct influence on the players. He just stands there - but celebrates in good form when we score a goal.

In my long career I've seen a number of managers like this (I'm not talking about football managers but managers in general). Stuff is happening real time with things to be sorted, direction to be given, remedial action to be taken, adjustments made to exploit an opportunity or competitor weakness. I just don't see anything like enough managerial nous or leadership coming from Ally.

I can think of a manager. Tony Mowbray used to do the exact same thing at Celtic when things were going wrong for him, just stood looking clueless with his arms folded. Sadly for Ally his managerial career at Rangers seems to be going the same way. I'm still hopeful I still expect us to win this league though and after that Ally can step away from football management all together, leaving his reputation intact. History books will record three successful league wins/promotions, not the shite football which got them.

I can think of a manager. Tony Mowbray used to do the exact same thing at Celtic when things were going wrong for him, just stood looking clueless with his arms folded. Sadly for Ally his managerial career at Rangers seems to be going the same way. I'm still hopeful I still expect us to win this league though and after that Ally can step away from football management all together, leaving his reputation intact. History books will record three successful league wins/promotions, not the shite football which got them.

History books will show the fact he got us fucked out of the easiest cup in Scotland TWICE.

It will also show how we blew a 15 point lead and got fucked out of Europe twice in the same season.

I guess it will also show the multiple cup maulings by United, ICT and the various other embarassing results we have had to endure.

SO naw his reputation will not be intact.

He is the worst manager in the history of our football club....that's what he will be remembered for.

History books will show the fact he got us fucked out of the easiest cup in Scotland TWICE.

It will also show how we blew a 15 point lead and got fucked out of Europe twice in the same season.

I guess it will also show the multiple cup maulings by United, ICT and the various other embarassing results we have had to endure.

SO naw his reputation will not be intact.

He is the worst manager in the history of our football club....that's what he will be remembered for.

Fucked out the easiest cup in Scotland ONCE. In the other attempt we were beaten finalists. I agree it's not good enough though.

Ah the 15 point gap myth again. Completely disregarding the games in hand which OUR team had no influence in.

Tell me, when Ally does eventually step down will you remember ANY of the good things or just the bad? I feel like I'm defending him here to some of the guys in work and they support the other mob.

Fucked out the easiest cup in Scotland ONCE. In the other attempt we were beaten finalists. I agree it's not good enough though.

Ah the 15 point gap myth again. Completely disregarding the games in hand which OUR team had no influence in.

Tell me, when Ally does eventually step down will you remember ANY of the good things or just the bad? I feel like I'm defending him here to some of the guys in work and they support the other mob.

Erm no we got fucked out of it twice... Final or not we still got put out unless that doesnt count because it's Super dooper Ally..

It's no myth that was the gap, game in hands or not we blew a huge lead and nose dived in the cups that season too.

McCoist has been nothing but a horrible failure as manager at Rangers and his time here will never be remembered for anything else but that.

What else is there to focus on? The only thing he's done is stop the tims winning the title at Ibrox...that's about it.

Winning part time leagues is a fucking cringy thing to try and hold as some sort og achievement.

Erm no we got fucked out of it twice... Final or not we still got put out unless that doesnt count because it's Super dooper Ally..

It's no myth that was the gap, game in hands or not we blew a huge lead and nose dived in the cups that season too.

McCoist has been nothing but a horrible failure as manager at Rangers and his time here will never be remembered for anything else but that.

What else is there to focus on? The only thing he's done is stop the tims winning the title at Ibrox...that's about it.

Winning part time leagues is a fucking cringy thing to try and hold as some sort og achievement.

Fair enough mate. I've never said I thought he was a good manager, I think the opposite in fact. I just think he deserves more respect that's all.

The 15 point gap was there on paper only as a gap. 6 of those points we had no control of so I don't agree we blew 15 points, only 9. Obviously still not good enough but to say we blew a 15 point lead is exaggerating.

Fair enough mate. I've never said I thought he was a good manager, I think the opposite in fact. I just think he deserves more respect that's all.

The 15 point gap was there on paper only as a gap. 6 of those points we had no control of so I don't agree we blew 15 points, only 9. Obviously still not good enough but to say we blew a 15 point lead is exaggerating.

I've not defended Ally per-say, I've tried to put the entire situation into context rather than measure performance against previous Rangers teams and managers, or against entirely pie-in-the-sky objectives set by people that don't seem to understand the impact of what happened or the obstacles that have been in our way. Then of course there's the opportunistic critics who've used any negative and exploded it into myths that turn into truths...like above. Others have been good at spouting lies often enough to believe they're true, but I dodn't think we were like that.

I've never defended Ally for his managerial ability, because it's not possible, but it's always been about the context of operation...and today I'm struggling. I'm struggling because it's getting more difficult and the faults he has are being more and more exposed. He's not able to move forward with us and he looks totally and utterly spent. The weight of the last few years have caught up and I believe for the sake of himself and the reputation he has left amongst some of the fans, he should do the honourable thing...

But you'll never here the abuse and disgusting vitriol I witnessed on here over the last 18 hours or so levelled at him from me. That's embarassing and I hope, once certain people have calmed down, they'll realise how embarassing they've been.

Stubbs was still screaming at his team when they were three up, yet McCoist stayed mute.

Stole ma Thunder there,Stubbs and Nielson more animated in the games we've played them this season than Ally been in his time as manager,I use the word manager loosely......Durrant stood pitch side entire second half whilst Ally stood arms folded,no emotion from him, I don't think he will walk away,can we afford to sack him....catch 22 with we the long suffering support left to watch utter pish like that on display last night....

I've not defended Ally per-say, I've tried to put the entire situation into context rather than measure performance against previous Rangers teams and managers, or against entirely pie-in-the-sky objectives set by people that don't seem to understand the impact of what happened or the obstacles that have been in our way. Then of course there's the opportunistic critics who've used any negative and exploded it into myths that turn into truths...like above. Others have been good at spouting lies often enough to believe they're true, but I dodn't think we were like that.

I've never defended Ally for his managerial ability, because it's not possible, but it's always been about the context of operation...and today I'm struggling. I'm struggling because it's getting more difficult and the faults he has are being more and more exposed. He's not able to move forward with us and he looks totally and utterly spent. The weight of the last few years have caught up and I believe for the sake of himself and the reputation he has left amongst some of the fans, he should do the honourable thing...

But you'll never here the abuse and disgusting vitriol I witnessed on here over the last 18 hours or so levelled at him from me. That's embarassing and I hope, once certain people have calmed down, they'll realise how embarassing they've been.

Personally, I defended him at first, but lately I've remained silent, hoping for improvement.

I'm now beyond hope. He offers nothing in that regard.

I think he too is of that frame of mind. As a player he would gee up his colleagues. As a manager, he stands arms folded. He looks defeated.

The second goal summed it up. Four players in the area around the crosser of the ball, almost creating a corridor to direct the cross in. Not one of them in an actual position to block or discourage the cross. Sometimes you can see a goal happening and that was one of those occasions. That's before you look at the generally unchallenged header.

So many players aren't performing to capability and it doesn't look like changing.

We're looking at a play-off place with Hearts now the favourites for automatic promotion. You can't be confident we'd come through that play-off sequence successfully and if we do, next season doesn't look good in the top tier and that's with a deplorable standard there too.

I don't like saying it, but he really doesn't look capable. Too often we look a shadow of a team. Those players should be good enough to bring more to the game and they're looking disorganised and easily demotivated by a one goal setback.

Why leave 5'8" Peralta virtually unaided at our own corner to be easily beaten by a long ball? Embarrassing. A manager or coach should have noticed that and ordered someone decent in the air to go back and assist.

Why play a defensive midfielder and a defender out wide with an immobile front line? That's a tactic for defending and hitting on the break, usually away in Europe to a decent team. Meanwhile Aird and Templeton are on the bench and Gallacher's out on loan.

I keep thinking back to the Raith debacle and the visible difference in body language while waiting for extra time to begin. Their players were animated and looked to have it together collectively speaking; our guys were just standing about waiting. We lack organisation, direction, leadership; and it's clear what, or rather who the source of the problem is.