• 08 Robertson age 29
  • 02 Gray age 26
  • 20 Allan age 22
  • 10 Craig age 27
  • 16 Stevenson age 26
  • 24 Malonga age 25
  • 35 Cummings age 19

average age 24

But that doesnt tell the full story, our average age is dragged down a good bit by arnold peralta and nicky law, theirs is bumped up by fontaine and robertson

whats the most damning verdict about our supposed "experience is the way to guarantee promotion" pish planning is that only 4 of the hibs starting line up were OLDER than the YOUNGEST players we had in our starting line up

now given that our line up last night missed arguably our 2 best players last night (macleod and clark), and also one of our most confident and eager youngsters (aird), you have to wonder just how bad we will be if these 3 players dont start every game

rotten against hibs at ibrox in the cup, only 1 of they 3 played

rotten against hearts at ibrox, only 1 of they 3 played

rotten against falkirk in the league, until the 3 of them were on the pitch

pumped clyde, all 3 played

beat dumbarton at home, 2 of they 3 played (macleod and clark)

beat Queens Park in the cup, both clark and macleod played

beat QotS at Ibrox, both clark and MacLeod played

humped raith away from home, all 3 played

controlled the game against inverness and beat them, all 3 played

struggled against alloa, all 3 started but clark and macleod went off injured before HT

struggled to overcome falkirk, only 1 started (aird)

thats our games this season, now some may disagree with my match descriptions, but the common denominator here is that when we have a 3rd of our outfield containing vibrant, energetic youth, we seem to do much better

Yet for 2 years now we have been told by a certain faction of the support that recruiting experienced, older players was required to guarantee our successive run back to the top

Looks like one load of fucking horseshit to me, 14million quid we spent in the last 2 seasons on a first team squad, i say we could have got here by spending half that

Our starting lineup had 5 out of position players. Two defenders as wingers and Dean Shiels. All completed what was (even before the game) a dreadful team.

Still very angry about last night and I hope all of us never forget it because it proves we are NOT out of place in demanding a new manager.

can anybody tell me when exactly has playing Stevie Smith on the left wing ever worked, same as when we played both Papac and Wallace on the left hand side

agree with the point on Gallagher get him back and into the team, at worst he will run about hassling the defence unlike Boyd or Daly

Sitting watching the game in a pub last night full of Hivs and Hertz supporters, Hertz supporters who actually wanted hivs to win also was not a nice experience and I certainly won't forget what Ally's lack of management skill put me through.

Good OP, good to see you put effort in rather than a rant like me.

When I was driving up to the game last night, I heard the team on the radio, my heart sunk!

I really wondered why I was putting myself out after working all day, to watch what I expected to be pedestrian defensive dross.

Thought about turning but didn't, more fool me.

What we desperately need is energy and pace, it isn't hard to see. I've never seen a slower forward line in my puff.

• 31 Simonsen age 35
  • 03 Mohsni age 27
  • 24 McGregor age 29
  • 06 McCulloch age 36
  • 05 Wallace age 27
  • 02 Smith age 29
  • 07 Law age 26
  • 17 Peralta age 25
  • 08 Black age 29
  • 15 Boyd age 31
  • 22 Shiels age 29

average age 29

• 01 Oxley age 24
  • 06 Forster age 21
  • 05 Fontaine age 28
  • 04 Hanlon age 24
  • 08 Robertson age 29
  • 02 Gray age 26
  • 20 Allan age 22
  • 10 Craig age 27
  • 16 Stevenson age 26
  • 24 Malonga age 25
  • 35 Cummings age 19

average age 24

But that doesnt tell the full story, our average age is dragged down a good bit by arnold peralta and nicky law, theirs is bumped up by fontaine and robertson

whats the most damning verdict about our supposed "experience is the way to guarantee promotion" pish planning is that only 4 of the hibs starting line up were OLDER than the YOUNGEST players we had in our starting line up

now given that our line up last night missed arguably our 2 best players last night (macleod and clark), and also one of our most confident and eager youngsters (aird), you have to wonder just how bad we will be if these 3 players dont start every game

struggled against alloa, all 3 started but clark and macleod went off injured before HT

thats our games this season, now some may disagree with my match descriptions, but the common denominator here is that when we have a 3rd of our outfield containing vibrant, energetic youth, we seem to do much better

Yet for 2 years now we have been told by a certain faction of the support that recruiting experienced, older players was required to guarantee our successive run back to the top

Looks like one load of fucking horseshit to me, 14million quid we spent in the last 2 seasons on a first team squad, i say we could have got here by spending half that

I learned a valuable lesson last night - don't bet on Rangers until you see the lineup .

I wouldn't bet against us but Hibs were an absolute steal at 7/1 when you seen our team.

Watching us last night perhaps McCoist is following in Black 's footsteps.

• 31 Simonsen age 35
  • 03 Mohsni age 27
  • 24 McGregor age 29
  • 06 McCulloch age 36
  • 05 Wallace age 27
  • 02 Smith age 29
  • 07 Law age 26
  • 17 Peralta age 25
  • 08 Black age 29
  • 15 Boyd age 31
  • 22 Shiels age 29

average age 29

• 01 Oxley age 24
  • 06 Forster age 21
  • 05 Fontaine age 28
  • 04 Hanlon age 24
  • 08 Robertson age 29
  • 02 Gray age 26
  • 20 Allan age 22
  • 10 Craig age 27
  • 16 Stevenson age 26
  • 24 Malonga age 25
  • 35 Cummings age 19

average age 24

Excellent post with some frightening stats.

We argued about this when we went to the 3rd div, and our ethos and footballing style hasn't changed One bit over the Years that we have struggled.

Shocking Management structure.

And to think Young players like Aird, McKay, Gallagher can't get on the Bench for this dross.

Also getting rid of Andy Little for me was a big mistake too.

TBH maybe playing the youngsters wouldn't be a good idea with Allys tactical ability, I firmly believe he will just fuck them up and we will be left with nothing, there is countless Ally oot threads but sadly I think giving him young talent is useless as he won't get the best from them, he won't develop them and he will prob just pound any talent and potential they have at present out of them.